Belicheat at it again?

judman

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether the team is a non division opponent or has 9 losses in a row is a non issue to me. Those two points have been peddled by pats* fans in the ESPN studios all day. I don't buy that at face value. Pats* cheerleaders like mort & shefty were quick to dismiss the accuser.

If a player levels a claim like this, the claim should be evaluated by the league. If he is full of BS, then he should be called out for it.

A win for the pats* improves their playoff stock, period.

Whether the team is a non division opponent or has 9 losses in a row is a non issue to me. Those two points have been peddled by pats* fans in the ESPN studios all day. I don't buy that at face value. Pats* cheerleaders like mort & shefty were quick to dismiss the accuser.

If a player levels a claim like this, the claim should be evaluated by the league. If he is full of BS, then he should be called out for it.

He's given no basis for his claim. What should they even investigate? He used the word spy to get a reaction not because he had any proof or even real suspicion other than "they figured our defense out" ignoring the fact their defense didnt make the plays even when they were there.

The jealousy of Bills fans is funny. The hoody is so much better than Marrone it isn't even funny.

I don't have any idea whether they cheated or not in this game, but I find it interesting how many people here dismiss the notion out of hand as if the mere suggestion were patently absurd. We know they've done it before. Is it really that far of a stretch to think they might have found another way to do it?

The jealousy of Bills fans is funny. The hoody is so much better than Marrone it isn't even funny.

Belicheck is a stone cold cheater who showed zero remorse for what he did, and likely, is still doing. The league knew he was illegally taping opponents and specifically told him multiple times to stop before the whole Spygate thing went public. The guy doesn't give a sh*t. I think he's very intelligent and dedicated, but he has no problem pushing the envelope with rules. The fact that the Patriots have consistently been a team that is so good in the second half shows they make great adjustments. But it's how they make the adjustments that is behind his 'genius'. I guarantee they're doing the same things they've always done. Kraft is buddies with Goodell. He's not worried. I can't wait till the whole Patriot's system is finally broken wide open for the public.

I don't have any idea whether they cheated or not in this game, but I find it interesting how many people here dismiss the notion out of hand as if the mere suggestion were patently absurd. We know they've done it before. Is it really that far of a stretch to think they might have found another way to do it?

They're still doing the same things most likely. Ernie Adams is still with the organization. The 'wizard' of half time adjustments.

No, it's not crazy but should we jump on any players random accusations that in the same breath say that they also may have just been better? Smith was at best reckless in his accusation, so why should everyone get riled up that they ARE cheaters because of if?

Edited by NoSaint

What is telling is that he said the Texans were putting in new stuff that the Pats* were some how figuring out... Even the Texans haven't tried them before in a game! Hmmm... Second half, they just "lined up."

You almost wonder if the weak link is wireless headsets... Those things got to be a lock w/The League and then encrypted? Right?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What is telling is that he said the Texans were putting in new stuff that the Pats* were some how figuring out... Even the Texans haven't tried them before in a game! Hmmm... Second half, they just "lined up."

You almost wonder if the weak link is wireless headsets... Those things got to be a lock w/The League and then encrypted? Right?

Did he mention the pats touchdown where the runner beat 7 defenders? Which playcall is that?

Did he mention the pats touchdown where the runner beat 7 defenders? Which playcall is that?

No one is arguing the individual battles won/lost by the players on the field. The question is that the Patriots second half 'adjustments' are always so ridiculously on, it's hard to ignore. It puts their players in better positions to win, it's not the only reason they win. They're still good, they still have guys winning individual battles. But they routinely get outplayed in the first half and somehow storm back to win with ease with no name players against both bad/average teams and very good teams. They are absolutely still doing something along the lines of cheating, and part of what they were accused of doing back in 2007 had to do with overusing their headsets for the allotted time. As we've seen with our Bills, it's a handful of plays separating wins and losses. They Pats get the edge they need, not to mention not getting called for a single penalty in an entire game for the SECOND time this year. That is truly unbelievable.

No. But, these pukes are proven cheats. So much so that Coughlin hid everything about his two Super Bowls w/them... And guess what happened!

It is like being a convicted felon... The burden is on them now...

No one is arguing the individual battles won/lost by the players on the field. The question is that the Patriots second half 'adjustments' are always so ridiculously on, it's hard to ignore. It puts their players in better positions to win, it's not the only reason they win. They're still good, they still have guys winning individual battles. But they routinely get outplayed in the first half and somehow storm back to win with ease with no name players against both bad/average teams and very good teams. They are absolutely still doing something along the lines of cheating, and part of what they were accused of doing back in 2007 had to do with overusing their headsets for the allotted time. As we've seen with our Bills, it's a handful of plays separating wins and losses. They Pats get the edge they need, not to mention not getting called for a single penalty in an entire game for the SECOND time this year. That is truly unbelievable.

This. They were accused of jamming headsets too... Yet, this was in Texas, not MA.

The League did bone them a few times this season to make things look on the up and up.

Read the quote - it seems that his alleging they spied on their practices, not that they adjusted at half time. His allegation amounts to "we saw something they were doing and added a wrinkle to exploit it.... And then they dint do it!"

It's quite the jump to go from what he pointed out to what he's accusing.

No. But, these pukes are proven cheats. So much so that Coughlin hid everything about his two Super Bowls w/them... And guess what happened!

It is like being a convicted felon... The burden is on them now...

This. They were accused of jamming headsets too... Yet, this was in Texas, not MA.

The League did bone them a few times this season to make things look on the up and up.

With the salary cap, and the way today's NFL works, it is essentially impossible to maintain the level of success the Patriots have since 2001. Impossible. Look at the Ravens. Look what happens to teams that win the big one. They lose many players bc their values are inflated and they can't afford to retain them. The Pats have played in five super bowls since 2001. Yet they have what, one season under 10 wins? I honestly think one day this will be broken wide open, and could be bigger than anything in sports history with regard to cheating.

Read the quote - it seems that his alleging they spied on their practices, not that they adjusted at half time. His allegation amounts to "we saw something they were doing and added a wrinkle to exploit it.... And then they dint do it!"

It's quite the jump to go from what he pointed out to what he's accusing.

I don't think Smith's comment is anything more than him feeling something in his gut. Unfortunately, he's not the most eloquent person, and he comes off sounding like an idiot/sore loser. But that doesn't mean he isn't right. But that also doesn't mean anyone should take him seriously. I just feel the Patriots should be/should've been investigated way way more regardless.

God I hate defending them but that is such a bad example. What happened? Other than in the first Super Bowl losing because of one of, if not the luckiest plays in Super Bowl history. It was a desperation throw into quadruple coverage that was completed to a mental case on the top of his helmet. Second Super Bowl was just a great game. People need to get over the cheating thing. It's hard for me to believe that all teams don't do the exact same thing the Patriots did. Remember, it was that little rat Mangino that blew them in after having gotten his job due to the Patriots cheating. What team is he the head coach now by the way?

God I hate defending them but that is such a bad example. What happened? Other than in the first Super Bowl losing because of one of, if not the luckiest plays in Super Bowl history. It was a desperation throw into quadruple coverage that was completed to a mental case on the top of his helmet. Second Super Bowl was just a great game. People need to get over the cheating thing. It's hard for me to believe that all teams don't do the exact same thing the Patriots did. Remember, it was that little rat Mangino that blew them in after having gotten his job due to the Patriots cheating. What team is he the head coach now by the way?

Asst head coach in San Fran, right?