Inexcusable loss

Big Turk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is on Stevie. Period. That's an inexcusable play by a veteran and supposed "go to" guy. He needs to be cut at the end of the year or sooner. Everything else about this game is noise. Stevie, then Chandler, then everything else.

Defense choked.

SJ choked.

Chandler choked.

Refs made a couple bad calls.

The crowd was rooting for Atlanta.

This team is an embarrassment, year after year.

I

For whatever reason I keep coming back. I'm an idiot.

I'm a big !@#$ing idiot.

I keep trying to say it better, but you've nailed it. My wife asks, "why ?"; I have no answer !

See, the point is right there in the middle of those two numbers.

Can't cut him but I'd take any draft pick I can get. I trust this regime with a roll of the dice more than I do Stevie at this point. SJ13 could be a fine role player on a team like the Saints. He is too much of a clown to be a #1 starting WR.

Pick would be great! Almost forgot another team would want him. I also agree about the saints point. I think he's a fine slot or number 3 guy.

But this game starts and ends with Stevie. In the nfl, there's close games week in and week out. Good teams make plays at the end. Stevie doesn't. He better be gone by training camp.

Btw - I was simply pissed after the game. Listening to the SJ post game presser has me furious.

Edited by dubs

OK, time to find out about some other guys. Start Gragg at TE, and see if he can play. Start Goodwin, sit Stevie, and see if he can play and take the pounding with fumbling. Play Graham.......and, those that loose games due to mistakes...need to take a seat and let others try. Then ,the team can know if these guys can play. Same with others in the rookie category. Gettem on the field, see what they can do. Play Duke richardson....sit Byrd....lets see if the Duke can play (I don't think he can) Get rid of those who can't play We are now playing for next year, with four games to go. And, the side benefit is that we will undoubtedly improve out draft position.....in the running for the #1 now, thanks to Jacks and TB winning three. If we loose to them both, we move ahead of them in the draft!!!!Extra side benefit....the bird man will have to point to other years to negotiate his big contract....he did not do anything today. I am thinking about Johnny Football, EJ did not play well today......he takes to many big hits....seems to lack something in avoiding the hit. Johnny never takes the big hit....and has a great arm.

Edited by bigK14094

There is no such thing as an inexcusable loss. THere is always an excuse, a reason, as to why they lost. In this case, it all starts twith the long ball and play calling IMHO. Without the success rate going up with the long ball, opponents have nothing to fear and spreading the field becomes almost impossible. EJ hit 1 of 10 on the long balls today, that's 10%. Hardlay noteworthy for opponents. It needs to change.

Does anyone seriously think that Robey didn't commit interference? That gets called EVERY time. And it was interference.

It would have been interference if the receiver wasn't all over robey…he was holding robeyd arm and shoved him down at the last minute….should have been a no call because both the DB and the WR were engaging in contact...

I think my point at the end of the day is that EJ has done nothing to deserve scrutiny based on rookie play. Can he get better? Of course. By orders of magnitude, even. Has he shown enough in the clutch for me to have reasonable hope that he will? For me, yes.

I'm with you.

EJ was in the process of leading the team to victory, then SJ blew the game plain and simple.

Carpenter would have hit the FG without a doubt.

Say what you want but I'm done with this team. Since I'll never root for another team, then I guess I'm done with football. I can't take it anymore. I've been following them since '88 and I can't handle anymore ulcers. I'm getting my Sundays back.

Peace Frog out. :bag:

Edited by Peace Frog

Why do all teams strip the ball except ours? Seems like we are content to tackle and not knock the ball loose.

I think you've got it backwards. Other teams just know to cover the ball up in those situations.

Look, those fumbles actually happen to other teams as well. But in those situations it's inexcusable. Stevie and Chandler need to know that in those situations, the great play has been made and it's time to cover up or get down. Or both.

I think my point at the end of the day is that EJ has done nothing to deserve scrutiny based on rookie play. Can he get better? Of course. By orders of magnitude, even. Has he shown enough in the clutch for me to have reasonable hope that he will? For me, yes.

Totally agree...Hopefully he'll get quicker with his eyes and anticipation in time...But as Rookie QB's go he is better than average...There really can't be much logical debate about that...He'll need to get a lot better...Like 99.99999% of Rookie QB's before him... B-)