This week we have to WIN obviously.

These are the rest of the teams we should be rooting for:

Raiders(4-7) - Cowboys(6-5) GO COWBOYS

Steelers(5-6) - Ravens(5-6) GO RAVENS

Jaguars(2-9) - Browns(4-7) GO JAGUARS

Titans(5-6) - Colts(7-4) GO COLTS

Dolphins(5-6) - Jets(5-6) GO DOLPHINS

Bengals(7-4) - Chargers(5-6) GO BENGALS

If we win and get to 5-7, one thing is guaranteed. After this week at least 2 of the teams that currently have a 5-6 record will become 5-7.

If we win and get to 5-7, one thing is guaranteed. After this week at least 2 of the teams that currently have a 5-6 record will become 5-7.

flipside being 2 will also be sure to post wins and be 6-6.... but chipping away at the list is a start.

Because once you sort out things out like head to head games where SOMEONE in that group of 9 has to pick up a win, it's great odds that one of them ends up picking up 3 (or in the winner of the steelers ravens this week, 2) wins down the stretch.

One of the teams in contention for that last playoff spot would have to win 4 of their last 5 games to get to 9-7. The winner of that Steelers-Ravens game will still have to win 3 of their last 4 to get to 9-7. Otherwise, an 8-8 team will make the playoffs.

You seriously would be happy with a loosing season?? :wallbash:

Is a loosing season the opposite of a tightening season? Kidding aside, I would honestly be happy seeing them win out entirely or lose out entirely. Finishing 8-8 instead of 7-9 does nothing for me and simply negatively impacts their draft position.

Is a loosing season the opposite of a tightening season? Kidding aside, I would honestly be happy seeing them win out entirely or lose out entirely. Finishing 8-8 instead of 7-9 does nothing for me and simply negatively impacts their draft position.

Finishing 8-8 gives us a chance to squeak our way into the playoffs, or if not, be happy in our progress and momentum and the fact that our season was not a losing season. Obviously you have a right to your own opinion, but I don't subscribe to this loser mentality a large portion of Bills fans willingly throw ourselves into. Draft position? We have enough talent to make things happen. Learning how to finish and win games is what is hurting this team, so why wouldn't you want them to win games and improve?

Finishing 8-8 gives us a chance to squeak our way into the playoffs, or if not, be happy in our progress and momentum and the fact that our season was not a losing season. Obviously you have a right to your own opinion, but I don't subscribe to this loser mentality a large portion of Bills fans willingly throw ourselves into. Draft position? We have enough talent to make things happen. Learning how to finish and win games is what is hurting this team, so why wouldn't you want them to win games and improve?

I would be anyone real money right now that 8-8 will not get the Bills into the playoffs. There's 9 teams ahead of Buffalo right now for the wild card spots either by virtue of record or by virtue of tiebreaker. Presuming that KC beats just one team, they're in ahead of Buffalo. There's 6 teams at 5-6. There's 5 games between teams at 5-6, which means in all likelihood that there's 5 wins going out. Of the two 4-7 teams, both have the tiebreaker over the Bills. By the way, my wants are completely conditional. I stated that and there's no way to go back and look at hindsight for what we want this next weekend. I WANT them to finish 9-7. It would be great to see a winning season. However, if they don't make the playoffs, I would prefer better draft position. The Bills have been competitive in most games and that's already a good sign. What they need to learn is how to run the damned ball. Running game has been pretty awful.

It never looked easy. This team lost to Brandon Weeden.

Well put. Just b/c ATL has been terrible doesn't mean my Bills are going to show up and handle that roster unless we play well. Same can be said (if not more) for every other team except Jacksonville. God help us if we lose to Jacksonville (despite their recent wins)...we are clearly better than the Jags.

We have to play well for 6 straight weeks just to have a chance. We haven't done that in a long time. I'm not putting in for time off for playoffs anytime soon.

Edited by SameOldBills

I don't know about all ya'll but this thread gives me chills.

I don't know if they can do it but here comes Playoffs and I can see it like a drama fit for Hollywood - Fred Jackson will powering us a win.

Now before this is hushed off I think that the teams likely to face us early in the playoffs can't stop the run or are suspect to it. Indy, NE especially. Cincinnati is a little banged up.... I am just dreaming but it'd be a great timr

I don't know about all ya'll but this thread gives me chills.

I don't know if they can do it but here comes Playoffs and I can see it like a drama fit for Hollywood - Fred Jackson will powering us a win.

Now before this is hushed off I think that the teams likely to face us early in the playoffs can't stop the run or are suspect to it. Indy, NE especially. Cincinnati is a little banged up.... I am just dreaming but it'd be a great timr

lol Bills to the divisional round!

right?! Id be laugjng with tears while screaming laying on the ground paralyzed

It would likely ruin my life. I already spend way too much time thinking about the NFL. If we got to the point where we were winning playoff games, I would become useless for several months a year.