John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

apparently you don't know what your talking about. And Jay Zs numbers are most likely all on paper, not to mention all the drug money he's accumulated over the years.

http://www.forbes.co...t-artists-2013/

Well, I said I imagine. But I had completely forgotten about Rocawear and a few of the endorsements. The man does know how to make bank. I stand corrected. I was thinking purely based on music industry numbers.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags, Rams and Browns all sold for a market price recently. None were being moved nor was moving them an issue in their sale. In fact, none of them could move when they were purchased.

Ok, but the Packers can never move. That is different. And they can also never be sold. When teams are sold, the league owners benefit.

Ok, but the Packers can never move. That is different. And they can also never be sold. When teams are sold, the league owners benefit.

No they can't move, but you said that when a team can't move, it affects a team's price. This hasn't been true.

No they can't move, but you said that when a team can't move, it affects a team's price. This hasn't been true.

I was conceding that point, but just pointing out that there were still other ways that the Packer model wouldn't be acceptable to the other owners.

kj

I was conceding that point, but just pointing out that there were still other ways that the Packer model wouldn't be acceptable to the other owners.

kj

Fair enough. But owners only benefit indirectly when a team is sold. It affirms the relative market value of their own team.

How rock n roll of Bon Jovi. Let's partner with a bunch of corporate billionaires and move a team with a blue collar fan base and means everything to its city to a giant metropolis that doesn't care about the NFL whatsoever in order to become even richer. After all, that's what rock n roll is all about.

Sometimes I think all you're doing is trolling on this website. So let me get this straight: you're a big Bills fan and the Bills are in danger of leaving Buffalo. If the Bills went up for sale and the man who is essentially the face of the franchise you love were a minority owner in the new ownership group and helped keep the team in Buffalo, you would cease being a fan of the Bills? Gotcha.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Why in the world would any Bills fan have a problem with the greatest qb in the teams history becoming part owner and keeping the Bills in Buffalo? You would rather have Bon Jovi move the team to Canada? I don't understand that.

"It's now or never, Ralph ain't going to live forever"

Nice :lol:

Also that traitor better not move are team to Toronto, the article had one line about leaving the team in "upstate NY South Ontario region" but it was pretty clear that they want the team in Toronto. If Benedict Arnold moves us he is going to be wanted dead or alive :death: :death: .

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Who, exactly, is that "someone ready to build and lease to them a $1b stadium"? LA has busted out as a location exactly because no one has or can build such a place without public money.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and CEO Tim Leiweke, that's who. Seems they are interested in building the stadium, since they cannot by NFL rules own the actual team. These are big time players (Air Canada Centre, etc) they know what they are doing. Public money would not be involved in any big way. Toronto is not L.A. JBJ and friends buy the team and rent the stadium from MLSE. Simple. Makes sense. One group takes the risk on the franchise, the other on the venue. This could happen.

That's not a given. We are an original AFL team and we have a lot of history here. Not to mention the best fans in the league. I don't think the NFL wants us to move. Although he's a Steelers fan, the commish is from here and he knows what it means to this area

Those are all lovely sentiments and as someone who grew up in that stadium, I agree. But that is largely irrelevant when someone is paying $1B for an asset. That individual can do what he wants with what he or she bought.

I've posted this before, but in the early 90's my buddy and I saw a psychic for fun. A couple girls we worked with said she was getting all sorts of stuff right, so we gave it a shot. One of the things I asked her about was the Bills (I asked if they would ever win the SuperBowl). She said she didn't see them winning the big one, but she DID see them listed in the newspaper standings as "Tor-Buf", which she said meant that they would one day officially become the Toronto-Buffalo Bills.

Well that's refreshing to know that we are going to win the SB and not move :thumbsup:

Nice :lol:

Also that traitor better not move are team to Toronto, the article had one line about leaving the team in "upstate NY South Ontario region" but it was pretty clear that they want the team in Toronto. If Benedict Arnold moves us he is going to be wanted dead or alive :death: :death: .

Which traitor?? You forget who set a possible move to Toronto in motion...why it was Mr. Wilson himself. If not for the 78 million money grab (straight into his vault) that allowed these Canadians in the door, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and CEO Tim Leiweke, that's who. Seems they are interested in building the stadium, since they cannot by NFL rules own the actual team. These are big time players (Air Canada Centre, etc) they know what they are doing. Public money would not be involved in any big way. Toronto is not L.A. JBJ and friends buy the team and rent the stadium from MLSE. Simple. Makes sense. One group takes the risk on the franchise, the other on the venue. This could happen.

Those are all lovely sentiments and as someone who grew up in that stadium, I agree. But that is largely irrelevant when someone is paying $1B for an asset. That individual can do what he wants with what he or she bought.

Really? This company is going to drop a billion in a new stadium which would generate NFL-level income ("lease") 10 days a year? This has never been done before--for a reason. It would be impossible to finance with such a business model. And spare us the talk of "conventions and concerts" as another way to recoup the mortgage on such a stadium.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd still root for the team if they moved to Toronto.

It would certainly make me sad, but I haven't lived in Buffalo for seven years now and I watch all the games on TV. Plus I love the NFL, and it makes it so much better to have a rooting interest.

They likely would dump the name and be in another country. Little would be done to link the team to its past. Why would you still root for them?

The best we can hope for is a stadium in fort erie and a new bridge, or an international speed train to toronto's ballet clubs.

The Bills fans from Canada will long for the day when the team was in Buffalo and they could afford to go to a game.

It will become a corporation-only fan base as most individuals will not be able to pay the nut they will have to ask.

The best we can hope for is a stadium in fort erie and a new bridge, or an international speed train to toronto's ballet clubs.

The Bills fans from Canada will long for the day when the team was in Buffalo and they could afford to go to a game.

It will become a corporation-only fan base as most individuals will not be able to pay the nut they will have to ask.

How about a new stadium in Niagara Falls ON right in the middle of Clifton Hill?

I've posted this before, but in the early 90's my buddy and I saw a psychic for fun. A couple girls we worked with said she was getting all sorts of stuff right, so we gave it a shot. One of the things I asked her about was the Bills (I asked if they would ever win the SuperBowl). She said she didn't see them winning the big one, but she DID see them listed in the newspaper standings as "Tor-Buf", which she said meant that they would one day officially become the Toronto-Buffalo Bills.

Hey AJ, when and where was this reading done?

There is a rumor on another board saying the Bills have been sold to a group including Bon Jovi and Jim Kelly and the news will break later today.

The rumor about him buying it with Kelly has only been "reported" by someone here who has 44 posts to his/her account. I'll take that with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Plus his username is The False Wanka.

how about the literal **** flowing through the main concourse

Yep. There was literally a stream of shyt flowing down the concourse. And those concourses are pretty narrow. And the restrooms are pretty substandard.

are Bills fans not allowed to be happy? Seriously Bills fans: "Hey we might be able to make a miracle late run!" Soprts Media: "Sources say that Toronto money men want to work with Bon Jovi to rip the Bills away from the fans! how exciting for the NFL!" YAY!

Hey, you're the FunPolice!

Which traitor?? You forget who set a possible move to Toronto in motion...why it was Mr. Wilson himself. If not for the 78 million money grab (straight into his vault) that allowed these Canadians in the door, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Wilson's deal did nothing but fleece Toronto of tens of millions of dollars. If anything, he staked his claim to Toronto to prevent another team from being expanded there.

Really? This company is going to drop a billion in a new stadium which would generate NFL-level income ("lease") 10 days a year? This has never been done before--for a reason. It would be impossible to finance with such a business model. And spare us the talk of "conventions and concerts" as another way to recoup the mortgage on such a stadium.

It would also probably cost at least half a billion for the relocation fee for the new owners.