Jets vs Bills Open Container violations/tickets count was 109

Bills employee Andy Majors (who just so happens to be on the Orchard Park Police Foundation Board) said the Bills fully back this measure yet there is no enforcement on the section of road in front of the stadium. It looks like the private parkers are being targeted.

Probably ones that are being ridiculously stupid about it too. Like the jerk at your lot back during the Carolina game that just kept blasting his radio out of his H2 with incredibly loud and annoying bass. Or idiots that openly (to the road and police) do stupid things like keg stands, funnels, etc...

I don't get it... That was one of my favorite parts of going to RWS. The fact that I can park in someone's backyard for a fee, tailgate and around 12:15 start walking toward the stadium with a fresh Heineken while enjoying the scenery walking and drinking. Even having cops direct traffic while I'm taking a sip while waiting at the red light... This sucks...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Probably ones that are being ridiculously stupid about it too. Like the jerk at your lot back during the Carolina game that just kept blasting his radio out of his H2 with incredibly loud and annoying bass. Or idiots that openly (to the road and police) do stupid things like keg stands, funnels, etc...

Not always. I watched a guy near Tailgaters walk up to one of the tee shirt stands get a ticket. Probably stood on the sidewalk in front of the stand for all of two minutes and covered <25 ft of concrete en route. Insane.

Bills employee Andy Majors (who just so happens to be on the Orchard Park Police Foundation Board) said the Bills fully back this measure yet there is no enforcement on the section of road in front of the stadium. It looks like the private parkers are being targeted.

Between this and the new fence east of the stadium, it sure seems that way.

Yet another regulation to turn people into human piggy banks. There's nothing wrong with drinking a damn beer if you dispose of it properly and don't act like a drunk. !@#$s.

I thought at least the holes would have been spelled out.

Asshats hopefully will work.

Hey, it does!

Edited by Just in Atlanta

I don't get it... That was one of my favorite parts of going to RWS. The fact that I can park in someone's backyard for a fee, tailgate and around 12:15 start walking toward the stadium with a fresh Heineken while enjoying the scenery walking and drinking. Even having cops direct traffic while I'm taking a sip while waiting at the red light... This sucks...

Heineken, that's your problem!

Just so I'm clear .... these people are NOT getting ticketed while on the private lots, correct? Only when they leave the private property with the open container and drink on their way into the stadium?

I've been at 3 games this year, parked in private lots on California, and walked to the stadium with a nice buzz and open container. I have walked by cops and haven't had an issue.

I have a feeling the story up thread is the vast minority for this situation and many of the tickets are for obnoxious drunks. 73,000 ppl 109 tickets, that is an incredibly low percentage.

Heineken, that's your problem!

Those guys from Holland make a pretty damn good lager...

I've been at 3 games this year, parked in private lots on California, and walked to the stadium with a nice buzz and open container. I have walked by cops and haven't had an issue.

I have a feeling the story up thread is the vast minority for this situation and many of the tickets are for obnoxious drunks. 73,000 ppl 109 tickets, that is an incredibly low percentage.

That's good to hear. I did the same at the Ravens game with no issues also. I just figured maybe they were enforcing the rule heavy since then. The only difference I saw at the Ravens game from previous seasons was, you can't just stand around the gate with a beer in your hand.

If I were a cop, I'm going to be looking closer at the guy carrying a 12-pack/case and throwing empties on the ground, than the guy carrying one open beer.

If I were a cop, I'm going to be looking closer at the guy carrying a 12-pack/case and throwing empties on the ground, than the guy carrying one open beer.

I agree.

I always try to practice "if breaking the law, draw as little attention to yourself as possible."

it seems that while this may have been true in the past, they are now enforcing the law, instead of "looking the other way".

Hammer, as you're well aware that that section of road is closed to traffic before during and after games. At that point, legally, it may not even be a road.

That is true. But unfortunately a number of people don't act this way and hurt the others who do.

And so the rationale for every piece of freedom taken away, petty or serious.

The solution is simple: Ticket people heavily for littering, don't let overly drunk people in the stadium, and leave the rest of us alone.

the law is the law.

I can recall the few times I cracked open a beer in Durand park only to have a cop come by before I took a sip and tell me to dump it out. Dumping a full Canadian brewed Labatts really sucks!!!

Your lucky. I have seen a person take ONE step on to sidewalk and get ticketed.

Hammer, as you're well aware that that section of road is closed to traffic before during and after games. At that point, legally, it may not even be a road.

That section of the road is closed to all traffic except emergency (Fire Dept, Police Dept, etc) vehicles responding to emergency calls yet around 1:15 pm every game I see cars being allowed thru the blockade so legally it may still be called a road.