Jets vs Bills Open Container violations/tickets count was 109

it seems that while this may have been true in the past, they are now enforcing the law, instead of "looking the other way".

I don't know.

109 tickets out of 73000 is not strict enforcement to me and as I said I've been to 3 games this year without incident.

If they are enforcing it, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I can still drink in my lot but can't drink for the 10 minutes I'm walking? Oh the horror!!! It seems to be much ado about nothing.

Actually making beers too expensive makes the problem worse - it gives people incentive to drink more outside the stadium. The team likes not only the revenue of alcohol sales, but also the control over who gets served, how much, proofing underage people etc.

the law is the law.

I can recall the few times I cracked open a beer in Durand park only to have a cop come by before I took a sip and tell me to dump it out. Dumping a full Canadian brewed Labatts really sucks!!!

I've been drinking in Durand Park for over 40 years, only issue I've ever had was being told to leave because the gates were closing in 10 minutes. Never had to pour one out though. However painful dumping the Labatts was at least you didn't get a $100 ticket (or whatever the fine is).