Fan fell from 300 level to 200 level

Luvbills

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.........but perhaps better screening at the entrances for them.

Jesus. We're just a tweak away from the "Vinyl Glove test" to get into the Stadium as it is.

The Stadium security is total nonsense, and is unacceptable.

Lets start carrying on like *AMERICANS* instead of tolerating this 'terrorist' paranoia.

Edited by NASCAR Hater

Makes a little more sense when you know he worked for an advertising firm. A company who's business model is "public perception" has a little more reason to be concerned with this than, say, a landscaping company.

Man I don't know about this. No doubt that this putz's actions were stupid and irresponsible, but how does that

constitute grounds for dismissal by an employer? Let's say that you are playing in a pick-up weekend softball

game that has a no slide rule. You hit a single and try to stretch it to a double, slide into second and break

the shortstops leg in the process. The local paper runs a story about the incident and his Company fires him

over it. I guess if you go by what they did here, it would be a legitimate firing, right? I personally do not see a clear

distinction between the two incidents. To be clear, this guy deserves everything he is gonna get, I just think that

taking away his livelihood and future income is a bit over the top.

Where does the line get drawn?

Man I don't know about this. No doubt that this putz's actions were stupid and irresponsible, but how does that

constitute grounds for dismissal by an employer? Let's say that you are playing in a pick-up weekend softball

game that has a no slide rule. You hit a single and try to stretch it to a double, slide into second and break

the shortstops leg in the process. The local paper runs a story about the incident and his Company fires him

over it. I guess if you go by what they did here, it would be a legitimate firing, right? I personally do not see a clear

distinction between the two incidents. To be clear, this guy deserves everything he is gonna get, I just think that

taking away his livelihood and future income is a bit over the top.

Where does the line get drawn?

you really dont see a distinction between sliding in a softball game and getting hammered and sliding down an upper deck rail repeatedly until you fall, on national tv and your face and name are all over papers, internet and tv?

i think the line gets drawn wherever the employer generally feels comfortable. if they think it negatively reflects on them or effects his ability to perform client facing duties than i think its more than fair.

Edited by NoSaint

you really dont see a distinction between sliding in a softball game and getting hammered and sliding down an upper deck rail repeatedly until you fall, on national tv and your face and name are all over papers, internet and tv?

i think the line gets drawn wherever the employer generally feels comfortable. if they think it negatively reflects on them or effects his ability to perform client facing duties than i think its more than fair.

To be fair, the "hammered" part is assumed but not documented at this point.

that is fair.... but if the workplace is dealing in perception - that is certainly what people perceive

and does it make it better or worse if he was sober?

that is fair.... but if the workplace is dealing in perception - that is certainly what people perceive

and does it make it better or worse if he was sober?

True. Kinda like Toronto's mayor, whose excuse for smoking crack was that he was so drunk he made a bad decision.

He was wearing a BillsMafia sweatshirt so it's at least fairly obvious that his judgement is severely impaired. Maybe his lawyer can argue that he's not guilty by reason of mental defect.

Edited by Pondslider

It is not against the law to get hammered. No, I do not see the distinction, both were explicitly against the rules.

You state that I don't see the distinction, then what exactly is it? What is the difference, and do you think it would

be fair for the softball player, who clearly acted irresponsibly and against explicit rules in breaking the shortstops

leg, to be fired by an employer?? Will he not be punished enough by authorities and the legal system? Not to mention that he will never be able to legally attend a future Bills game!

Edited by Tu-Toned

But it is OK to be Hammered and run a parking lot? :w00t:

constitute grounds for dismissal by an employer?

I guess if the tickets were company seats, or if now he can't work for some time because of his injuries. Not sure that any non-union company needs any reason in order to fire you

Damning, yes, but his attorney is trying to work out compensation with the Bills without a lawsuit.

That's what pretty much always happens. The lawyer is counting on the Bills not wanting any more bad press and willing to pay to keep it out of the press any more than it already is.

It only goes to court if the entity being sued (The Bills here) doesn't offer enough compensation to satisfy the other party.

But it is OK to be Hammered and run a parking lot? :w00t:

I guess if the tickets were company seats, or if now he can't work for some time because of his injuries. Not sure that any non-union company needs any reason in order to fire you

It is ok to be Hammer (but not hammered) and run a parking lot.

New York employers can fire at will without cause.

update - non-union employees, as you pointed out

Edited by rockpile

It is ok to be Hammer (but not hammered) and run a parking lot.

New York employers can fire at will without cause.

Sorry, even then there has to be just cause. Sure they can do it, and they can successfully be sued too!

Wonder if he hangs out on this site.

If so, he needs to apologize STAT.

"hangs out", good choice of words.

Sorry, even then there has to be just cause. Sure they can do it, and they can successfully be sued too!

Employers and employees are free to hire/fire/quit at will. I'm shocked that this comes as a surprise to you. You've never heard stories of people getting canned for inappropriate conduct on social media or while outside of work? DUI's alone have cost many people their jobs, even though it in no way affects their work performance.

Edited by Chuck Schick

"hangs out", good choice of words.

Realistically as long as it's not race, religion etc you can be fired for wearing an orange shirt when your boss wanted you dressed in green. No lawsuit, case closed, pack up your desk, goodbye.