Luvbills

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, they're going to sue the Buffalo Bills...much deeper pockets

Yep... they'll sue the Bills for putting a railing there that was low enough to sit on.

You will see a higher railing, and a screen, faster than you saw that fence go up on the California Road ravine last year. Stupid not only hurts, it also inconveniences everyone else.

Edited by BRH

@DandC

Bills fan who fell from the upper deck has been banned from the stadium. Full story to follow.

@buffalobills

#Bills Pres/CEO Russ Brandon releases statement on Ralph Wilson Stadium incident http://ow.ly/qWBa5

Out of curiosity, how would they even begin to enforce a stadium ban for an individual?

Revoke a season ticket account, sure... But a ban I just can't picture any effective way.

Banned for life I assume?

I think they should have the right to conduct a breathalizer test and refuse entry

CBF

Sounds like a prosecution will be coming:

@buffalobills

Brandon: #Bills cooperating w/ Erie Co.Sheriffs during investigation & extend best wishes for a speedy recovery to the fan who was injured.

I wish the state would pass a law that prohibits fans from suing the organization, unless they could prove gross negligence. In this case, the guy that got landed on should be able to sue the drunk faller, but it certainly isn't the organizations fault. Dumb people will always find a way to remove themselves from the gene pool. Hopefully, before they breed.

If I am a fan at the game, I expect the Bills to exercise some due diligence to make sure some drunken idiot doesn't fall 50 feet on my head. If this guy had been drunk and a problem and doing dangerous stuff throughout the game and the Bills turned a blind eye or didn't act swiftly enough, then they should be held responsible to a certain degree. I don't think it's fair or right to give the Bills a pass if they knew or should have known of dangerous behavior and did nothing to intervene.

Not saying they get a pass either but policing 1 person out of 70,000 fans isn't exactly something you do within the blink of an eye. The guy might have been acting up beforehand but could have just done that on a whim and fell. Most fights that break out take a minute or two for security to show up and those draw attention fast.

Out of curiosity, how would they even begin to enforce a stadium ban for an individual?

Revoke a season ticket account, sure... But a ban I just can't picture any effective way.

We did a road trip to see Springsteen for two shows in a row at Giants Stadium. My friend got kicked out of the first show and banned for life..............So, we just went to the second show, no problems!

(Now that I think of it - I wonder if his ban for life is over, since they now have a new stadium??)

Amen to that... I grew up in that place. Nothing every felt like a prime time, major league event like any game in the aud. It just had an official feel to it, and miss that relic. As I live and breathe, I currently have a picture of the entrance, zoomed in on the excelsior carving above the "Buffalo Memorial Auditorium" etched lettering in my office at work.

My freshman year of college - Fall of 1980, we were asked to write an essay in English class about our favorite place, other than our home............It took about 2 seconds for me to think "The Aud!".............I came across that essay a few years ago - and thought Damn, I loved that place!

If I am a fan at the game, I expect the Bills to exercise some due diligence to make sure some drunken idiot doesn't fall 50 feet on my head. If this guy had been drunk and a problem and doing dangerous stuff throughout the game and the Bills turned a blind eye or didn't act swiftly enough, then they should be held responsible to a certain degree. I don't think it's fair or right to give the Bills a pass if they knew or should have known of dangerous behavior and did nothing to intervene.

Yes, but you can't police stupid. Personally I hate how everyone's rights are diminished because of one person. I can't get a hot cup of coffee at McDonald's because one woman spills a cup on herself and sues. 99% of fans can enjoy a few beers and not get crazy. But leave it to one drunk dipschitt.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You can't, really. They can probably flag his name and prevent him from buying tickets under his own name/credit card, but theres still plenty of ways around that. Basically this "banning" is a paper trail. If he shows up again and gets in any kind of trouble he can be sued for trespassing.

How would the Bills enforce this ban?

I mean couldnt the guy just buy a ticket from stubhub or a scalper?

CBF

or, frankly, the box office. im guessing they dont have a way to effectively block sales to an individual if said individual wanted to buy them even from the team.

id assume its just a way if he gets into trouble again to hit him with extra charges and help steer clear of responsibility.