so glad i can be the holy f'in ghost

appreciate the chance to have become the hoot and the holler of the left wing leaning crowd, given that research shows the threads i've been involved in have come back with the hottest flames, i'll acknowledge that drunken stuper is a mere privelege and lucidity is a far-fetched notion.

so i'll let labillz pretend to have a point and we'll call it a draw as i smoke this last cigarette, and amuse myself at your expense.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

appreciate the chance to have become the hoot and the holler of the left wing leaning crowd, given that research shows the threads i've been involved in have come back with the hottest flames, i'll acknowledge that drunken stuper is a mere privelege and lucidity is a far-fetched notion.

so i'll let labillz pretend to have a point and we'll call it a draw as i smoke this last cigarette, and amuse myself at your expense.

jw

This is so good, I think I'll immortalize it.

jw

Too bad you are not in the PPP showdown.

Btw you are not leaning....you already fell in the deep end.

jw

Happy hour start at lunch on Friday?

Wawrow has us all beat as amateurs. If he was ever wrong you'd be too caught up in his poetic flow and hip swagger to let yourself admit he was wrong

If it wasn't for the suburbs I think John would be ok. It's just those damn suburbs that ruin this country. If they come for the suburbs, what is next, the farms?

Wawrow has us all beat as amateurs. If he was ever wrong you'd be too caught up in his poetic flow and hip swagger to let yourself admit he was wrong

heh. that's amusing, too. one day, we'll have that swig of 'shine, man.

jw

If it wasn't for the suburbs I think John would be ok. It's just those damn suburbs that ruin this country. If they come for the suburbs, what is next, the farms?

missed the point, as usual, 3d. never wrote anything against the farms. in fact, if i recollect, my stance against the suburbs has been the fact that they stand as some nefarious middle ground between the urban and the country. i have no qualms with those choosing to live off the land. that's a far harder business in some cases than us folk living off the conveniences of the city. i've spent time living in the country and went stir-crazy among the far-fetched, empty fields come fall. and i found the the silence and expanse totally unnerving.

that said, there's no way i would begrudge those who choose to live there. it's a noble living, as is living in the city, too.

it's the self-indulgent suburbanites who buy into their privileged myths in believing they've arrived at a cul-de-sac shore of mcmansions and applebee plazas that make me suspicious in regards to what in fact they've escaped.

jw

and hey, if this hits a nerve, well, good.

Edited by john wawrow

jw

missed the point, as usual, 3d. never wrote anything against the farms. in fact, if i recollect, my stance against the suburbs has been the fact that they stand as some nefarious middle ground between the urban and the country. i have no qualms with those choosing to live off the land. that's a far harder business in some cases than us folk living off the conveniences of the city. i've spent time living in the country and went stir-crazy among the far-fetched, empty fields come fall. and i found the the silence and expanse totally unnerving.

that said, there's no way i would begrudge those who choose to live there. it's a noble living, as is living in the city, too.

it's the self-indulgent suburbanites who buy into their privileged myths in believing they've arrived at a cul-de-sac shore of mcmansions and applebee plazas that make me suspicious in regards to what in fact they've escaped.

jw

So, it really is the suburbs that have you so batshit crazy?

So, it really is the suburbs that have you so batshit crazy?

Yes. He by far prefers to live in an old school original gated community: a walled city. There he's given protection from the lord and his every need provided by the other vassals and serfs. Its safe in town. Its convenient in town. Its insular in town. And, there are ivory towers in town.

Edited by Nanker

Yes. He by far prefers to live in an old school original gated community: a walled city. There he's given protection from the lord and his every need provided by the other vassals and serfs. Its safe in town. Its convenient in town. Its insular in town. And, there are ivory towers in town.

And better than that, you can live there for decades without knowing your neighbors.

jw

jw

Suburbanites may be living a privleged myth but urbanites are living a a reality as elitist bastards. At least here in SF that is the case

Suburbanites may be living a privleged myth but urbanites are living a a reality as elitist bastards. At least here in SF that is the case

You think its different anywhere else in a large metropolis? NYC, LA, Chicago, Philly... well, maybe not so much Philly - save the gentrified sections. And let's not forget the Holy Land - EUROPE! Europeans rule man. They're so, so, so sophisticated and progressive! They're the model of elitism and the paragon of hip. Each and every one of them - even the men who don't bathe or use deodorant and the babes that don't shave or use feminine hygiene products. Well, maybe that's their version of tolerance and accepting "diversity". But they all speak like six or seven different languages and they travel to other countries a lot. You know, like they can get in a train and within an hour they can pass through three or four of them. No sweat! Plus, they drink wine since they were three. Here, we play banjos.

Hey, even all the hip cars are built in Europe. You know, all the ones that the Occupy Wall Street Slummers openly hate and secretly covet (if not outright own).

I'd still take a rambling, incoherent rant by a FUBAR'ed JW in the wee-small-hours that reads as though typed by fingertips covered with the the screw-off tops from the depleted Towpath Motel mini-bar inventory over a single Tim Graham tweet.

So there's that, I guess.

jw

I did a GvG on this and the big man said that suburbs actually arose from people wanting to get away from "diatribes from insolent ostentatious overbearing twits" like the quote above.

The part in quotes at the beginning he made me type in verbatim. I don't know what most of it means and he had to help me with the spelling....which made him pissed but he was patient. To be clear, he did NOT call Mr. Wawwwrwrrrworrrrw and insolent ostentatious overbearing twit, per se.

Anyway he went on to say that he helped Al Gore invent the internet so that suburbanites would again have to be subjected to this ridiculous criticism because he wanted to see if someone would invent a suburban-only internet where condescending city dwellers were unable to gain access and would be relegated to telling each other how stupid everyone else was and that the world revolves around them. So far no good I guess except for the world revolving around them part.

• 4 weeks later...

“Mr Leopold Bloom ate with relish the inner organs of beasts and fowls. He liked thick giblet soup, nutty gizzards, a stuffed roast heart, liverslices fried with crustcrumbs, fried hencods' roes. Most of all he liked grilled mutton kidneys which gave to his palate a fine tang of faintly scented urine.” James Joyce

Ah, those urbanites know how to live!

You think its different anywhere else in a large metropolis? NYC, LA, Chicago, Philly... well, maybe not so much Philly - save the gentrified sections. And let's not forget the Holy Land - EUROPE! Europeans rule man. They're so, so, so sophisticated and progressive! They're the model of elitism and the paragon of hip. Each and every one of them - even the men who don't bathe or use deodorant and the babes that don't shave or use feminine hygiene products. Well, maybe that's their version of tolerance and accepting "diversity". But they all speak like six or seven different languages and they travel to other countries a lot. You know, like they can get in a train and within an hour they can pass through three or four of them. No sweat! Plus, they drink wine since they were three. Here, we play banjos.

Hey, even all the hip cars are built in Europe. You know, all the ones that the Occupy Wall Street Slummers openly hate and secretly covet (if not outright own).

feminine hygeine products? i'll bet you shampoo your hair twice everyday like it says on the bottle, too. wanna buy some vitamins?

Thanks for the laugh, birdbrain. You should change your name to EPSON and go on Stan Lee's Superhuman show... wow! Project much?

Most of us didn't have to go to Med school to learn that washing our hands is more than a good idea.

Must be a really, really slow day at the clinic if you're trolling the likes of me.

What's the matter... the flood of Obamacare enrollees hasn't hit your door yet to keep you busy and awash in gobs and gobs of cash?

In the defense of those who live in cities, especially those who live in cities where New Jersey lies on the other side of the river...and I'm talking New Hope, PA here even more especially(wawrow would **** his pants, and end up living there, if he was cool enough to know about it...talk about elitist heaven...and it looks like a suburb)....

....if the suburb clowns would only stop crossing that bridge(or driving down 33 at 100 miles an hour), and acting like complete a-holes due to insecurity, and driving like clueless Fs, once they get to where we live, our homes...

city people might not tend to look down on suburb people so much.

But, until then, excuse me if I roll my eyes at yet another clown wearing all new, all black clothes, telling me how he's thinking about moving downtown, and acting 2-3 levels tougher than he can back up...because he thinks that's what I need to hear.

Hint for suburb kids: unlike wawrow, I don't consider myself the arbiter of cool, I'd like to hear whatever you have to say, provided it's interesting/funny, and I really must tell you(how's that for city parlance?): most of the people here are just as insecure...they're just insecure about different things.

Edited by OCinBuffalo