Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the compounding of stupidity that gets to me with this organization.

We have TJ Graham - who sucks beyond belief - and the FO/Coaching staff must realize this b/c we then Draft Goodwin, who is essentially, Graham 2.0. Graham somehow continues to see a large amount of playing time in terms of snaps (more than Spiller I believe - correct me if I'm wrong) and what does he have to show for it? A whopping 18 receptions and 272 yards in his second year in the NFL. Where does that rank? Wait for it: 149th in the NFL behind, wait for it again: David Nelson who has 280 yards and ranks 145th in receiving. LOL. I give up.

Don't misunderstand. I think if a coach makes that move and goes 4-12 (especially if the passing game is the biggest weakness on the team) it's highly likely that he is in fact an idiot. I make no excuse for Marrone. Until further notice you can put me in the Marrone is an idiot camp.

I'm starting to worry myself...

For those who don't have an understanding on exactly how short-sighted this decision was by Marrone, here are his comments to the press after Rogers release...

"He definitely has skill," Bills coach Doug Marrone said today of Rogers. "Along with DeMarco Sampson, who's played well for us in the preseason, but I think when you look at the production of that group, and who's produced for a long period of time, it's just a matter of, it's just as simple as, we feel that we have better players on the roster right now than the players that we released. That's what I've communicated to them."

"I'm a big believer on the production part of it right now rather than what are we going to get down the road," the coach said. "So I think all those players that were released have the ability to play, but we feel as an organization that we just have better players right now."

So...Basically...Marrone released Rogers based solely on his production through camp and three preseason games...This guy better get his resume warmed up if he's truly that short-sighted...Because it's these type of short-sighted decisions that kill NFL Head Coaches...Production he says? So...I'm guessing TJ Graham and Hogan's production to that point was so impressive it was an easy decision for Doug? Didn't Graham miss most of preseason anyway? Production? Production over a long period of time? WTF is he talking about? Outside of Stevie what WR's that the Bills kept have had ANY NFL production to speak of long-term? He's a rookie HC...I thought he said the slate would be clean and everything would be evaluated from every angle? Production? Is he talking about Camp production, and preseason production? Really?

Whatever coach...How do you like your highly productive, better players now? :thumbsup:

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'm starting to worry myself...

For those who don't have an understanding on exactly how short-sighted this decision was by Marrone, here are his comments to the press after Rogers release...

"He definitely has skill," Bills coach Doug Marrone said today of Rogers. "Along with DeMarco Sampson, who's played well for us in the preseason, but I think when you look at the production of that group, and who's produced for a long period of time, it's just a matter of, it's just as simple as, we feel that we have better players on the roster right now than the players that we released. That's what I've communicated to them."

"I'm a big believer on the production part of it right now rather than what are we going to get down the road," the coach said. "So I think all those players that were released have the ability to play, but we feel as an organization that we just have better players right now."

So...Basically...Marrone released Rogers based solely on his production through camp and three preseason games...This guy better get his resume warmed up if he's truly that short-sighted...Because it's these type of short-sighted decisions that kill NFL Head Coaches...Production he says? So...I'm guessing TJ Graham and Hogan's production to that point was so impressive it was an easy decision for Doug? Production? Production over a long period of time? WTF is he talking about? Outside of Stevie what WR's that the Bills kept have had ANY NFL production to speak of long-term? He's a rookie HC...I thought he said the slate would be clean and everything would be evaluated from every angle? Production? Is he talking about Camp production, and preseason production? Really?

Whatever coach...How do you like your highly productive, better players now? :thumbsup:

This may have more to do with Buddy Nix still being an adviser to the team. Just guessing here. But it stands to reason.

Whaley gets on the phone with Nix to discuss who to cut and of course that WR Nix traded up for and drafted in the 3rd round is better then an un drafted free agent. Yea, that 7th rounder Nix thinks was worth a 3rd. :doh:

I mean is Marrone really this inept in his player talent evaluation that he lets a stud WR leave. He doesn't fight like crazy to keep Andy Levitre. That he starts the likes of LG Colin Brown, has Sam Young as a backup guard. Has CB Justin Rodgers on the roster.

Marrone should be fired after this season. He clearly has no control over this team and lacks any ability to evaluate talent. Get Rob Ryan.

Sad, and true.

I'd rather see Marrone retained, and hire a decent NFL experienced OC who has tutored rookie QB's with some success, plus keep Pettine at DC.

My vote for new OC is LSU's OC Cam Cameron who tutored Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco. This man also build some very dominate running attacks with LaDanian Tomlinson & Ray Rice. I would really like to see EJ developed properly, and by someone who knows what the eff they are doing.

All our wants will probably be for naught as Russ Brandon still runs this team.

Compelling stuff. The Bills are the world champions of 7 on 7 spring ball!

Keep saying it!

Watch that 69 yard TD catch and run by Rogers last Sunday and tell me the Bills could not use that kind of play making ability...NoSaint was simply pointing out, correctly I might add, that Manuel to Rogers for big plays was definitely one of the exciting themes early in this years Camp...And it turns out Rogers can do it in the Regular Season as well...Time will tell if he can do it consistently...But the kid has a wealth of raw talent...That much is obvious...And it was obvious in Bills Camp as well...

Fans who say that have zero evidence to back it up. Here's a guy who as a 7th round pick had to work his butt off to make it in the NFL, yet people persist in posting these things that in my estimation are totally unfounded.

he is not a gamer my friend.

he is just an average guy who has barely got over 1000yds two season's in a row.

I have no way to prove this but i wonder how many of his yards come in garbage time?

When the game is on the line i would rather Stevie be on the bench. How many games does he have to blow??

Remember Eric Moulds ordered a fricking pizza during a game once. He also was heading towards bust territory and considered a locker room cancer but coaching staff was patient and voila, he turned out to be one of the best receivers in the game. Granted, Moulds was a first round pick so they simply couldnt cut him so we arent comparing apples to apples here. However, i think this coaching staff made a huge mistake in giving up on Rogers so soon. Yes, he may be a one game wonder but that is one more game than any of the receivers we currently have on this team.

Cameron has worn out his welcome fast though everywhere he's been.

He had five years with the Chargers & five years with the Ravens.

The Chargers went from 5-11 in 2001 under OC Norv Turner with Brees the backup to QB Doug Flutie.

in 2002 from 8-8 with Brees starting to 14-2 with Phillip Rivers starting in his final year with the Chargers. In four years under Cameron, Brees threw for over 12,000 yards and 79 touchdowns, while Tomlinson rushed for over 1,300 yards each season.

That 2006 Charger team offense was #1 in points, #4 in yards.

The Chargers under Brian Billick were 5-11 in 2007 with QB's Kyle Boller & Steve McNair. To 11-5 with rookie Joe Flacco at QB with Cameron as OC. RB Ray Rice was also drafted that year in the 2nd round, and both were developed by Cameron.

Most recently, Cameron helped develop Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco into one of the best at his position in the NFL. Flacco was named Super Bowl MVP after leading the Ravens to a 34-31 win over San Francisco in the Super Bowl. He also became the first quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first five seasons, all of which came under Cameron's watch.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=206414460&Q_SEASON=2013

I dunno if the man would even consider coming to Buffalo, or if this team could even afford him.

I dunno if the man would even consider coming to Buffalo, or if this team could even afford him.

not going to argue good or bad, but sean payton has a lot of ties to the LSU staff, and of course to ours.... its not out of the realm of possible conversations, but i wouldnt hold my breath on it.

If decisions at OBD are ever made with this kind of reasoning, I'm checking out.

Well, Marv isn't GM anymore, so I can't say for sure it happened this time, only speculation. Still though, Chris Hogan not only on the 53-man Week 1 roster but playing every game makes no sense at all.

Watch that 69 yard TD catch and run by Rogers last Sunday and tell me the Bills could not use that kind of play making ability...NoSaint was simply pointing out, correctly I might add, that Manuel to Rogers for big plays was definitely one of the exciting themes early in this years Camp...And it turns out Rogers can do it in the Regular Season as well...Time will tell if he can do it consistently...But the kid has a wealth of raw talent...That much is obvious...And it was obvious in Bills Camp as well...

You're arguing cart before horse. I have no opinion on Rogers. I know the Bills don't have a QB who can consistently locate receivers and complete the full array of NFL throws, so the presumption that Rogers would somehow become a dominant force with what the Bills currently have at QB is a remarkable stretch.

Buffalo is where receivers wither on the vine (and it's not the weather).

Edited by Wayne Fontes