The sky is not falling

thewildrabbit

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We see these same old posts year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.....see what I'm getting at?

No...the sky is not falling...its already fell...

"Falling" implies that it's in the process of doing so. It fell a long time ago. I'm just hoping somebody picks it up and puts it back up where it belongs sometime in the near future.

Exactly. The Bills are currently living in a Mad Max, Escape from New York style post apocalyptic landscape and have been for several years now.

After 14 years of not making the playoffs, the sky fell.

At best, EJ is a project, and it is hard to be patient after not making the playoffs for such a long stretch and seeing other QBs play well in their first year.

I strongly believe the Bills need to honestly assess EJ at the end of the season and figure out if they need to draft another QB in the first round in April. I don't think we can go through another season or two of this kind of QB play. The front office needs to be convinced that his play will improve or else we need to address the QB situation as our first priority. This team will go nowhere without a decent starting QB, as we have seen over the last 14 years.

At best, EJ is a project, and it is hard to be patient after not making the playoffs for such a long stretch and seeing other QBs play well in their first year.

Anyone who was expecting Manuel to be Andrew Luck was deluding themselves. I never understood the decision to draft Manuel in the first round, but hoped that Marrone and company knew what they were doing. Manuel may or may not pan out in the NFL. But all the "EJ3" proclaimers were always just kidding themselves.

The doom and gloom is all about EJ Manuel.

Football is a team game, but everyone knows that QB is the most important piece on the team. We've certainly had some talented players over the last 14 seasons. But the main reason we've missed the playoffs over and over is because of our struggles under center. Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick. None of these guys were good enough.

It's easy to see talent on the 2013 Buffalo Bills. CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Cordy Glenn, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Kiko Alonso, Stephon Gilmore and Jairus Byrd. These guys all have the ability to play at a Pro Bowl level in the NFL. Eric Wood, Robert Woods, Manny Lawson, Leodis McKelvin and Aaron Williams are solid enough to start on most teams.

The HOPE of every true Bills fan is that EJ Manuel will become the guy that Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick couldn't. I think most of us were expecting a bumpy ride for his rookie season. But very few of us were expecting Manuel to look this terrible throwing the ball. No accuracy. No touch. No feel in the pocket. No anticipation. Etc. Etc. He looks like a player learning how to throw a football for the first time. Not a guy learning how to translate from college to the pros.

We see these same old posts year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.....see what I'm getting at?

No...the sky is not falling...its already fell...

Amen.

man... what a blood bath that was... all the TD drives were 50+ yards, 6 of the 7 were 75+ yards, 5 of 7 were 80+ with the long being 93. thats about as dominating a performance as ive seen in a long time, and it was just efficient and consistent - not simply 3-4 blown coverages and a couple turnovers for great field position.

sure but if you came into the season not expecting the playoffs and a lot of ups and downs, its a bit less upsetting. we have rookies all over on offense. The HC, OC, QB, backup qb, #2 wr, #4wr, and #3, 5, and 6 are all essentially rookies with regards to playing time..... this was a 6 win team from the get go and we were bound to have games like yesterday. hopefully we dont have a big string of them because THAT would be the "uh oh" situation. one week? it was bound to happen, and likely more than once over the season.

after last year, you expected the offense to be worse? I expected an 8-8 year, based off bringing Pettin in, and Fitz out. I expected with a coaching staff that really only brought offensive coaches, and the pick of the QB litter at draft time could at least do as well..... And with an improved defense..... But no.

I still think it was a mistake to fire Chan.

Speaking of the sky falling, I believe the entire league has figured out CJ.

Take it wide to the sideline and out of bounds. Especially the left side.

His first years he caught the defense, running wide, but it looks like no more.

Please do not anything about the ankle Was it Parcells who said if you are

healthy enough to put on thr uniform and play, just perform.

What I'm telling you guys is, my take is this offense is very, very fixable.

Simply put, Who The F is the QB going to throw to in this offense next week? Rookie WR Robert Woods is out with a bad ankle (high ankle sprain?) Stevie Johnson is out (back, groin)! Marquise Goodwin is out with a hamstring.

This leaves only the 3 TE's, 3 WR's TJ Graham who stinks. WR's Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley. Three not very good or experienced wide outs.

Hackett needs to think in terms of having no experience whatsoever at QB, none! Like thinking that Fred Jackson has to take over as QB and think about how he could build a power run game around a QB with little or no QB skills. the team is already trying to run a fast paced, read option type offense, only with very little running.

Think about how to get production from an offense without throwing the ball 35-40 times a game, and limiting his QB to 15 to 20 throws. Instead of so many passes (42 last game) try running the ball down the throats of the Jets to the tune of 40-50 rushes. Power formations with 3 OT's in the game by substituting a OT for a TE, and or 3 tight ends, and a fullback instead of the always 3 wide sets.

Bottom line, put the ball in the hands of the two biggest play makers on offense, FJax & Spiller.

I know this is heresy, but at the end of the day, it's only a football game. I have been a Bills fan since the very beginning in 1960. I have lived and died with them every year. At this point in my life it is merely Sunday afternoon entertainment. If they win, great. If they lose, well, I've seen that before. I will be back next week and every week and hope for the best. Yesterday was abysmal, but guess what? It's over, so on to next week.

A healthy approach to a game we all love and team we have in our hearts...some of it is the "shame" in being a fan these days with all the social media and constant attention the NFL garners, it's hard to wear a BILLS hat...even in CNY where there are more Giants fans and a healthy bunch of JETS fans...but, I applaud your even minded nature toward the game and hope I can do the same...because if we let it, it can ruin our Sundays with our wives / girlfriends, and kids when at the end of the day, their lives are so much more important and relevant to our daily living....thank you for a reminder to be interested but not rabid...

The doom and gloom is all about EJ Manuel.

Football is a team game, but everyone knows that QB is the most important piece on the team. We've certainly had some talented players over the last 14 seasons. But the main reason we've missed the playoffs over and over is because of our struggles under center. Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick. None of these guys were good enough.

It's easy to see talent on the 2013 Buffalo Bills. CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Cordy Glenn, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Kiko Alonso, Stephon Gilmore and Jairus Byrd. These guys all have the ability to play at a Pro Bowl level in the NFL. Eric Wood, Robert Woods, Manny Lawson, Leodis McKelvin and Aaron Williams are solid enough to start on most teams.

The HOPE of every true Bills fan is that EJ Manuel will become the guy that Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick couldn't. I think most of us were expecting a bumpy ride for his rookie season. But very few of us were expecting Manuel to look this terrible throwing the ball. No accuracy. No touch. No feel in the pocket. No anticipation. Etc. Etc. He looks like a player learning how to throw a football for the first time. Not a guy learning how to translate from college to the pros.

I personally am frustrated with EJ because Lewis and Tuel (although he threw some inopportune interceptions against KC) seem to take the offense down the field with minimal resistance. EJ gets the first team snaps, all the attention, everything he needs, and has struggled to perform on numerous occasions. So I agree that the doom and gloom starts with EJ. I know some people defend him with facts about how some of the elite QB's in the NFL had terrible rookie seasons, and my response is how many of them sat out a few games, and watched less touted QB's come in and take control of the offense and move the chains on a somewhat consistent basis? That is what is happening in Buffalo right now, and that is exactly the reason why so many people have given up on a winning record this year let alone playoffs.