World War 2: has all been forgiven?

birdog1960

Or maybe gatorman was in his early 20's and and his father was 47 when he was born? That puts gatorman's father as being born in 1923 or so... 18 in 1941... Heck, those are conservative numbers... How many vets fudged their age to get into WWII? I work with a guy who's father was born in the 1800's (1896 to be exact). The guy I work with was born in 1956... The father (natural father) was 60 when my co-worker was born.

It has been going on since the dawn of time...Old guys having sex with younger gals of childbearing years.

Why is gatorman busted? I was born in 1968 and my father was in during Korea. The war didn't wipe out his dick. :thumbsup: Let the insults flow... MNaybe it should have! :P

Bravo! He was 46 in 1967! I was the youngest child. Did four years in the Air Force and worked at the McDOnalds nearest the UB student ghetto off Main St after.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo! He was 46 in 1967! I was the youngest child. Did four years in the Air Force and worked at the McDOnalds nearest the UB student ghetto off Main St after.

youngest here too. early 40's for my dad. hell, you get pulled out of college to help save the world, you get back to business and make up for lost time when you come back. that's as all american as baseball and apple pie. and i wonder how many liberals are youngest children. someone needs to do a study. hmmm...

youngest here too. early 40's for my dad. hell, you get pulled out of college to help save the world, you get back to business and make up for lost time when you come back. that's as all american as baseball and apple pie. and i wonder how many liberals are youngest children. someone needs to do a study. hmmm...

I am the third born of four (5, younger sibling passed away right after birth: hyaline membrane).

Yeah, I can't figure out why they would say "busted?" A pretty simple equation figure out. Then again, when have some been good @ math? :wallbash:

Average American history of WWII:

Hitler invades Poland.

Hitler invades France, France surrenders.

Hitler invades Russia.

Japan attacks Pearl Harbor. World War II actually begins.

The US invades Normandy, meet up with the Russians.

Hitler shoots himself. We win.

Roosevelt nukes Hiroshima. We win.

Americans are idiots. Hell, we have a distorted view of OUR OWN war history (bet you didn't know that the US Army suffered about 3x as many casualties in three days at Kasserine in Tunisa as the USMC did in four months at Guadalcanal?), why should we understand anyone else's?

I can't say I can blame the average American if it was never actually taught to them. I don't know if it was that way for everyone else, but I barely touched anything post-civil war in my high school history classes (and never took any history classes beyond that point). It always drove me crazy how little time they spent on the more recent history. It is the most relevant to where we are as a world today. I wonder how many many Americans know nothing more of the middle east than what Ben Affleck showed them in Argo.

I can't say I can blame the average American if it was never actually taught to them. I don't know if it was that way for everyone else, but I barely touched anything post-civil war in my high school history classes (and never took any history classes beyond that point). It always drove me crazy how little time they spent on the more recent history. It is the most relevant to where we are as a world today. I wonder how many many Americans know nothing more of the middle east than what Ben Affleck showed them in Argo.

I'm not sure about you but with me it was because our history books were written in 1894.

BTW I have a ton of history books. Mostly Civil War and World Wars I and II. Very dry reading and I'm planning on reading more of them when I retire. I was also talking with a friend on Veteran's Day and she was telling me about her grandfather being a vet of WWII. Mine was a vet of WWI which I think is very cool. When I'm back east I also scour the cemeteries looking for old graves of vets. In my hometown we have several from the Civil War and one Revolutionary War Vet.

WWII in color

The Last Days of WWII gets broadcast again from time to time. It's an excellent walkthrough and does not skimp on coverage of the Pacific theatre.

Here's a shorthand version. (disclaimer: I haven't viewed this series, the The History Channel should be a reference for your uneducated jamokes. It ain't perfect, but then again - neither was your education!)

WWII in color

The Last Days of WWII gets broadcast again from time to time. It's an excellent walkthrough and does not skimp on coverage of the Pacific theatre.

Here's a shorthand version. (disclaimer: I haven't viewed this series, the The History Channel should be a reference for your uneducated jamokes. It ain't perfect, but then again - neither was your education!)

I can't watch any of those shows any more. I end up picking them apart ("That's an SBD-5, not a -3. That footage is from the bombing of Truk, not from Midway. The producers are idiots.")

I can't watch any of those shows any more. I end up picking them apart ("That's an SBD-5, not a -3. That footage is from the bombing of Truk, not from Midway. The producers are idiots.")

Then you probably **** yourself with rage at Battle 360: USS Enterprise. Half the time their ****ty CGI was prewar markings, the other half jumped from 1945. At least they never showed her in Measure 33 dazzle...

Then you probably **** yourself with rage at Battle 360: USS Enterprise. Half the time their ****ty CGI was prewar markings, the other half jumped from 1945. At least they never showed her in Measure 33 dazzle...

You should have seen me watching Pearl Harbor.

I do have a couple DVDs of nothing but photo-recon and archival footage, without narration. I enjoy those, in no small part because no gatorman-wannabe is narrating the Battle of Schweinfurt over images of B-24s over Rabaul.

I do have a couple DVDs of nothing but photo-recon and archival footage, without narration. I enjoy those, in no small part because no gatorman-wannabe is narrating the Battle of Schweinfurt over images of B-24s over Rabaul.

Was schweinfurt the ball bearing factory? My memory is a little hazy and impaired right now.

Oh please. Don't be too proud of yourself little Tom. I was 10 years old watching the Movie Midway and picking out the mistakes in footage being used. Not too difficult champ. Hellcats, Avengers* and Hell Divers in 1942--the crash at the end being a jet not a Wildcat and all sort of other footage from later in the war. You are bragging about something I could do at 10 years old :lol:

Oh please. Don't be too proud of yourself little Tom. I was 10 years old watching the Movie Midway and picking out the mistakes in footage being used. Not too difficult champ. Hellcats, Avengers* and Hell Divers in 1942--the crash at the end being a jet not a Wildcat and all sort of other footage from later in the war. You are bragging about something I could do at 10 years old :lol:

Makes me wonder what other war movies you've see since last year.

Yeah, that's the same thing. :wacko: