World War 2: has all been forgiven?

birdog1960

just watched the andrews sisters clones sing the national anthem at mercedes benz stadium. just slightly ironic and i suspect galling to many remaining WWII vets. i know my vet dad would be upset if he were around to see it. he absolutely refused to consider any german or japanese car and mercedes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler-Benz were especially disliked. i know of others from "the greatest generation" that felt the same. so with so few WWII vets remaining, is all forgiven or forgotten? anyone here bothered by the (likely accidental) symbolism on veteran's day eve?

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched the andrews sisters clones sing the national anthem at mercedes benz stadium. just slightly ironic and i suspect galling to many remaining WWII vets. i know my vet dad would be upset if he were around to see it. he absolutely refused to consider any german or japanese car and mercedes http://en.wikipedia....ki/Daimler-Benz were especially disliked. i know of others from "the greatest generation" that felt the same. so with so few WWII vets remaining, is all forgiven or forgotten? anyone here bothered by the (likely accidental) symbolism on veteran's day eve?

My dad was a ww2 vet and drove a Mercedes and I'm a Vet and drive a Toyota. I use to work at the McDonald's that was across from the Main St UB campus and these Korean students came in and were looking at the menu and our manager who was of Japanese decent stepped up to the counter to take their order and they turned around and left! So...I guess some of us have and some of us have not lol

I use to work at the McDonald's that was across from the Main St UB campus and these Korean students came in and were looking at the menu and our manager who was of Japanese decent stepped up to the counter to take their order and they turned around and left! So...I guess some of us have and some of us have not lol

Are you really that !@#$ing stupid?

My dad was a ww2 vet and drove a Mercedes and I'm a Vet and drive a Toyota. I use to work at the McDonald's that was across from the Main St UB campus and these Korean students came in and were looking at the menu and our manager who was of Japanese decent stepped up to the counter to take their order and they turned around and left! So...I guess some of us have and some of us have not lol

what amazes me is that our own civil war is still fought daily by so many with symbolism an integral part of the continuing battle yet it happened over 150 years ago. WWII was only 70 years ago and this goes seemingly unnoticed by many.

seems to me, your manager was racist, and you as well for laughing and enjoying posting about the incident

what amazes me is that our own civil war is still fought daily by so many with symbolism an integral part of the continuing battle yet it happened over 150 years ago. WWII was only 70 years ago and this goes seemingly unnoticed by many.

My great uncle (who just recently passed) sure didn't forget. He carried shrapnel in his body he was wounded by in the ardennes forest during the battle of the bulge. He to the day he died had a grudge against Germany even 65 years later it had such an effect on him. Snowballs chance in hell he would ever even sit in a Mercedes Benz.

My great uncle (who just recently passed) sure didn't forget. He carried shrapnel in his body he was wounded by in the ardennes forest during the battle of the bulge. He to the day he died had a grudge against Germany even 65 years later it had such an effect on him. Snowballs chance in hell he would ever even sit in a Mercedes Benz.

i need to tell a true story here: at our wedding, a latvian friend of my wife"s family was present. my dad and he both fought in WWII in europe. they were comparing where they were at various times and it quickly struck my dad, "you fought with the germans". there was no animosity. in fact, they talked for a very long time. the latvian man was conscripted. but mercedes benz...whole different thing. incredible times and i'm very thankful for those that saved the world from a very dismal future and to all those that have served then or at any time.

Two givens. Asians are some of the biggest racists on the planet and gator is one of the biggest racists here on the board.

Are you really that !@#$ing stupid?

Oh brother, what's your problem now? Stupid about what? Or are you just drunk?

seems to me, your manager was racist, and you as well for laughing and enjoying posting about the incident

You are a complete idiot

Well, the issues of the civil war are still around. Lincoln was hated pretty much for the same reason Obama is. Lincoln wasnt called a "Black Republican" by accident.

I think WW2 did something else to the American culture, the big win in the big war really brought us out into the world and made the military a huge part of our society. In 1939 we had like the 16th biggest military in the world!

Will you autograph your paper hat for me? Not today's, but tomorrow's. I don't want one that is greasy.

What about Mitsubishi and TV's/cars? Love? Hate? Is all forgiven now that the people @ Pearl are passing on?

Mitsubishi-A6M-Zero-Kamikaze-Inflight2.jpg

mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-01.jpg

you don't need to rely on principle to avoid mitsu cars. they're crap and seem to be fading from the american market. fine by me.

not all that long ago, consumer products, especially cars, were very different. foreign cars needed repair or service at the local foreign car mechanic cuz he had metric tools. this was niagara falls in the 70's. you could easily buy american made tv's and they were good. the greatest generation built those and supported them. we baby boomers and the demographic groups that followed lost it.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to eat that ****!