I absolutely LOVE Doug Marrone

Yup.

Both Marrone and Hackett are in over their head. They are not NFL caliber coaches.

It's so obvious. And Pettine is going to walk for a head coaching job if not this offseason then next. If we are smart then we don't let that happen but unfortunately there are so many people on the Marrone bandwagon that it's sickening. I fail to see what value Marrone or his minions bring to our team. The team is regressing instead of getting better and our only bright spot is this defense that once again played well enough to win

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so obvious. And Pettine is going to walk for a head coaching job if not this offseason then next. If we are smart then we don't let that happen but unfortunately there are so many people on the Marrone bandwagon that it's sickening. I fail to see what value Marrone or his minions bring to our team. The team is regressing instead of getting better and our only bright spot is this defense that once again played well enough to win

You nailed it!

I saw a punt from the 36 yd line in the 4th quarter down by 14. Ouch Doug, ouch.

Doug Marrone is the WORST in game manager than Dick Jauron, It isn't even close.

Marrone is AWESOME. He has a great special teams coach who just so happens to be a buddy of his. He has a rookie O.C. doubling as Q.B. coach with a rookie Q.B. and no veteran on the roster (besides the injured Kolb). He also made the brilliant decision of starting a Q.B. who wasn't ready to come back from injury today and, clearly, didn't need a full week of practice reps before returning from injury! I'd like to give a special mention to the awesome job Hackett and Marrone have done with coaching Manuel on his footwork.

What a great, great head coach. Coach of the Year? Step away, Andy Reid!

I have a bad feeling this regime is going to be the chan regime redux. Next year the Bills look the same, Hackett will totally blow, get a new OC the following year that is actually worse. Over the next two years the players start quitting. It gets blown up and yay! the cycle continues :(

How ya like me now?

Seriously, that Pittsburgh team wasn't as bad as everyone here thought. They did put up 31 against the Patriots at New England last week.

It all comes down to being able to run the ball effectively, and the Bills didn't get it done.

The running game was poor because the Steelers were able to stack the box and force the Bills to throw. Manuel was incredibly inaccurate, and that's why we lost the game. It doesn't "all come down to being able to run the ball effectively"; competent Q.B. play is more important, and opens up the run game.

The running game was poor because the Steelers were able to stack the box and force the Bills to throw. Manuel was incredibly inaccurate, and that's why we lost the game. It doesn't "all come down to being able to run the ball effectively"; competent Q.B. play is more important, and opens up the run game.

EJ had better start playing like a first round pick because the Bills are not locked into him given today's smaller first round contracts. Bills fans no longer have any patience for losing.

Also, Marrone is the biggest loser for not going for it on 4th and 5. Embarrassing decision.

Everyone is focused on the 4th down call,but it was over well before that.

Marrone lost the team by not trying for a score with under 2 minutes to go in the first half. That was the first sign of a defeatist attitude and his players rewarded him in the second half.

Forget today's disaster and I still don't see why anyone would be sold on this guy. He's got about as much passion as Dick Jauron on red bull, which isn't saying much and while up until today I saw great effort, it was more from the defensive side of the ball, which isn't his fortay.

I still think we reached for both him and EJ. I watched EJ play for 3+ years and even Nole fans were shocked that he was a mid first round pick. Ponder was stupid, EJ was ridiculous. At best a 2nd rounder, perhaps a 3rd. Marrone's teams at Syracuse didn't do much for me either.

Jury is way out on both of them.

Not only do I love how he has kept this team in every single game this year, I love EVERYTHING he says off the field. He really gets the whole Buffalo vibe and not only does he take losses personally, he genuinely wants to get this team to the next level for the fans and the city. This is the first time in a looong time where I have full confidence in a coach restoring glory to the Bills. He seems like he is on a mission and won't let anything stand in his way to accomplish it. You don't play solid football, we'll find someone to replace you. THIS is something I have not seen in these parts in forever.....

Forget today's disaster and I still don't see why anyone would be sold on this guy. He's got about as much passion as Dick Jauron on red bull, which isn't saying much and while up until today I saw great effort, it was more from the defensive side of the ball, which isn't his fortay.

I still think we reached for both him and EJ. I watched EJ play for 3+ years and even Nole fans were shocked that he was a mid first round pick. Ponder was stupid, EJ was ridiculous. At best a 2nd rounder, perhaps a 3rd. Marrone's teams at Syracuse didn't do much for me either.

Jury is way out on both of them.

The Bills had few options. They obviously didn't want to draft him in mid first round, since they traded back in the first round before they selected their "franchise QB of the future."

So even the Bills knew themselves that the Manuel pick was risky and a half round reach. These next six games are no longer about the playoffs, they have officially become "The EJ Games". Because there will be a lot of decent QBs coming in this next draft. If EJ doesn't turn it around and start looking steady and solid, I could see the Bills use another first round pick on a QB if the guy looks better than EJ.

Has Marrone lost the locker room or will the players continue to buy in? How the Bills play the rest of the season will determine our future. Do we give up now that the season is in the toilet or do we continue to try and get better each week? If we tank the rest of this year I think it's going to carry into next season. I think next week is a big game for us. Let's see how everyone responds

I saw a punt from the 36 yd line in the 4th quarter down by 14. Ouch Doug, ouch.

And a FG on fourth and goal from the 1 yard line in the first quarter. In my book, that is a firing offense, especially when combined with the punt from the Pittsburgh 35. So much for analytics, I guess. Just more of the same garbage: Gregg to Mularkey to Jauron to Gailey to Marrone. Nothing has changed. Play not to lose, and then lose.

And a FG on fourth and goal from the 1 yard line in the first quarter. In my book, that is a firing offense, especially when combined with the punt from the Pittsburgh 35. So much for analytics, I guess. Just more of the same garbage: Gregg to Mularkey to Jauron to Gailey to Marrone. Nothing has changed. Play not to lose, and then lose.

Ya, this game was embarrassing. The uber conservative punting was the one thing I hated about Marrone @Syracuse. I was hoping his relative youth and apparent openness to analytics might help him see the light (the 2pt conversion vs Carolina & the 4th downs vs Cincy was a good start) but I guess it is in fact more of the same.

If I were on defense and had the ability to chose the other team's 3rd&Goal from the 1 plays, I would gleefuly sign for Fade, FG every time. And yet we actually chose to do this voluntarily as not even LeBeau has this magic genie power afaik.

Doug Marrone Postgame Press Conference

Doug Marrone Postgame Press Conference

Bills head coach Doug Marrone talks to the media after the team's 23-10 loss to the Steelers.

Wow what a piece of **** PC. My personal favorite:

"We are going to continue to build a winning mindset. And that's very difficult to do when you don't win"

Christ. And I thought the game was embarrassing to watch.

Wow what a piece of **** PC. My personal favorite:

"We are going to continue to build a winning mindset. And that's very difficult to do when you don't win"

Christ. And I thought the game was embarrassing to watch.

He was searching for the right things to say and didn't pull it off.