Playoff chances

djp14150

Want a point of reference---look at Washington last year. Thjey started 3-6 with 8 of 9 games one score games that were decided in the 4th quarter.

They had a rookie QB

They started to turn it around mid season....

this isnt stars coming together this is having the easiest schedule remaining before the finale where they play

@ PIT 2-6

NYJ 5-4

bye

ATL 2-6

at TB 0-8

at JAX 0-8

MIA 4-4

at NE

They should beat the two winless teams......

They should beat MIA and NYJ at home

Its not that much of a logical stretch to say they cant beat ATL and PIT.

No it is not a stretch. I do think the Bills could win 5 of the next 7 games for sure. But i also think the playoffs are going to be tough for them this season. 8-8 would feel good.

The Bills are a few more pieces away from being a true competitive team for awhile. That is IF EJ continues to develope and stay healthy.

for the old timers on this board, this team is like the 86 and 87 Bills. they had a lot of pieces in place, then with a few more additions and the right coaching staff, went to 4 straight super bowls. the motto back then was "just wait to next year"...kind of a running joke. and it applies this year too. this team won't make the playoffs. but should be a force to be reckoned with next year. for now, enjoy watching them grow together. it won't always be pretty, and occasionally painful (KC...ugh). but they are learning how to compete, and that's what really matters.

Interesting. I see a similarity to the Greggo days:

A first time hard nosed blue collar type HC, a questionable OC, a young, oft injured starting QB, a "you have got to be kidding me" type back up QB, and a strong D.

Oh, and the TD era was the previous time Ralph Wilson went "hands off" with the football team.

Want a point of reference---look at Washington last year. Thjey started 3-6 with 8 of 9 games one score games that were decided in the 4th quarter.

They had a rookie QB

this isnt stars coming together this is having the easiest schedule remaining before the finale where they play

@ PIT 2-6

NYJ 5-4

bye

ATL 2-6

at TB 0-8

at JAX 0-8

MIA 4-4

at NE

They should have beat the Browns. Heck, they should have beat KC. Lots of should, not lots of wins - see a pattern here? I don't care how much the Bills SHOULD win against teams we think we are worse than Buffalo, it doesn't happen - there's always a fly in the oitment - almost no sure win with this team, especially when on the road.

What's funny is that after another loss and probably after 2 more losses someone will still be posting how the Bills can still make it to the playoffs ("First, the NE Patriots plane crashes - they all die....").

Look - on paper the Bills should have a better record over the latter part of the season - I'll buy into that. But with 7 games to go and having to run the table to have a shot I like Jim Mora's classic take on it - at least it gives me a chuckle....

The Bills have not played a single game all year against a team with fewer wins than they had. Think about it. All opponents have had equal or more wins. They have a very good chance of winning the 4 games against the teams with zero and two wins. They have a very good chance of beating Jets and Fins in Buffalo (they did it last year for crying out loud). That makes 9-6 going into the final game against the Pats a reasonable expectation.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

They had a rookie QB

@ PIT 2-6

NYJ 5-4

bye

ATL 2-6

at TB 0-8

at JAX 0-8

MIA 4-4

at NE

Solid post.

How can Buffalo make the playoffs....

the last wild card is wide open with 10 teams in the AFC having 4-6 loses.

Step 1 for buffalo is to get to 2nd place....

How can they get to the point to control their fate.....

1. They beat Jets and fins at home

2. Jets and fins split their 2 games left to play

....they give them all 6 loses.....the first tiebreaker is combined head to head. Buffalo would have the edge.

3. for the division if they can also have Miami beat NE in Miami in week 15 then Buffalo would have the edge in divisional record in tiebreakers.

4. To get the division if they can win out and get to 9-6 and New England lose 3 of their next 6 games till the finale (one at miami must be one of them, then 2 of their other 5 games--DEN, @ BAL, @ CAR, @ HOU, CLE--in order of the most loseable to least loseable). then the final becomes a winner take all for the division title. If they were to beat Miami and lose another game then it will come down to common record and conference record. BUf looks like they will be noncommon 1-1 If New England lost to both HOU and DEN then they will have the edge there if division record was tied.

5. With the wild Card----due to tiebreakers they have the edge on Baltimore, lose to Cleveland, Cincinnati, and KC. The best they can do in conference record would be 7-5 which will make tie breakers potentially tough with other teams. I think many of the other teams will end up 9-7 and 7-9 so getting to 10 wins could mean the wild card.

. I think NE can lose 3 Bal,Den andCar..

GOD DAMME* IT!!!! WE NEED TO START THINKING WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. why cant this team win out? forget the records forget the stats forget it all. why cant a ypung hungry talented team make a run. I am a classic example of go get em next year, but this is next year this team, and its fans should have playoffs on their mind. If the CHIEFS can be 9-0 right now why the HELL cant this team win out the rest of the season?????

We have talent, who can argue that? We have leadership, who can argue that? We have a gutsy coach that fires up this team along with play makers.

New slogan for the rest of the year, just like ROCKY,

"WIN, BUFFALO, WIN"

I don't even have to watch the rest of the season to know what's going to happen (though I will.) I've seen this before. The Bills love to rip my heart out and stomp on it. They can't do that by simply sucking the rest of the year. In order to do it they have to give me hope, they have to make me start to believe, get me excited about what I'm seeing on the field.

They'll string together 3 wins and climb back to .500. Maybe they'll win 4 of the next 5 and be sitting at 7-7 and still in the thick of it with two weeks left. That will set up a huge showdown at home vs. the Dolphins and the Bills will sh*t the bed, lose that one then lose to NE in week 16 and finish 7-9.

Anybody else thinking about 2004? The 2004 Bills started 3-6 with several close losses, then won 6 in a row (4 of those on the road) to get to 9-6 and in position to make the playoffs if they could beat a team who had already clinched homefield advantage for the playoffs.

Now, I'm not comparing the coaching and personnel of that team and the 2013 Bills, but the setup of the schedule and the way these guys have been playing suggests there is a similar opportunity ahead of them.

And the cool thing is, these Bills can get the run started this week by beating the team they couldn't beat back then.

Karma baby.

Anybody else thinking about 2004? The 2004 Bills started 3-6 with several close losses, then won 6 in a row (4 of those on the road) to get to 9-6 and in position to make the playoffs if they could beat a team who had already clinched homefield advantage for the playoffs.

Now, I'm not comparing the coaching and personnel of that team and the 2013 Bills, but the setup of the schedule and the way these guys have been playing suggests there is a similar opportunity ahead of them.

And the cool thing is, these Bills can get the run started this week by beating the team they couldn't beat back then.

Karma baby.

Good call E. I forgot about that stretch of 6 wins. Unfortunately i remember playing the Steelers and losing.

Remind me, did the other things happen that if the Bills had won they would have made it in? I thought the Bills needed a win and a lose by another team?

Interesting. I see a similarity to the Greggo days:

A first time hard nosed blue collar type HC, a questionable OC, a young, oft injured starting QB, a "you have got to be kidding me" type back up QB, and a strong D.

Oh, and the TD era was the previous time Ralph Wilson went "hands off" with the football team.

OUCH!!