Playoff chances

djp14150

How can Buffalo make the playoffs....

the last wild card is wide open with 10 teams in the AFC having 4-6 loses.

Step 1 for buffalo is to get to 2nd place....

How can they get to the point to control their fate.....

1. They beat Jets and fins at home

2. Jets and fins split their 2 games left to play

....they give them all 6 loses.....the first tiebreaker is combined head to head. Buffalo would have the edge.

3. for the division if they can also have Miami beat NE in Miami in week 15 then Buffalo would have the edge in divisional record in tiebreakers.

4. To get the division if they can win out and get to 9-6 and New England lose 3 of their next 6 games till the finale (one at miami must be one of them, then 2 of their other 5 games--DEN, @ BAL, @ CAR, @ HOU, CLE--in order of the most loseable to least loseable). then the final becomes a winner take all for the division title. If they were to beat Miami and lose another game then it will come down to common record and conference record. BUf looks like they will be noncommon 1-1 If New England lost to both HOU and DEN then they will have the edge there if division record was tied.

5. With the wild Card----due to tiebreakers they have the edge on Baltimore, lose to Cleveland, Cincinnati, and KC. The best they can do in conference record would be 7-5 which will make tie breakers potentially tough with other teams. I think many of the other teams will end up 9-7 and 7-9 so getting to 10 wins could mean the wild card.

It would be nice if they could like, win, some games. :thumbsup:

Without a real QB, there is no chance, however I do like this team MUCH better than teams of the recent past. These guys seem to really

want to win.

PLEASE draft a QB, again,

Without a real QB, there is no chance, however I do like this team MUCH better than teams of the recent past. These guys seem to really

want to win.

The Bills don't need to draft another QB just yet.

What they do need to do is stop hanging the rookies out to dry, and let the run game & defense win games

Kudos to DJP for having the the brain to put together a thoughtful analysis of our chances. Realistically we get in if and only if we slide into the #6 seed. With 7 games left & at 3-6 our margin for error is slim. Will likely need to finish 6-1, for a 9-7 to have a shot.

I think we finish 3-4 which would be progress considering our 3 wins in first 9 game start.

I do like this team MUCH better than teams of the recent past. These guys seem to really want to win.

What you are seeing is an optical illusion.

Opposing team defensive coordinators never know which QB they will be facing in the Bills. They can't game plan/practice/prepare correctly. They are forced to initially wing it against the Bills but they eventually figure the Bills QB out and win the game.

It's now Tuesday and who are the Steelers defense preparing for as the Bills QB on Sunday? They don't know. So they'll likely come into the game unprepared which makes it look good for the Bills - for a while.

It's been like this for the Bills since the first game of the season.

want to win.

This team loses better than previous teams. But this team is a loser just like the previous teams. This team gets beat at the coaching and FO level.

Nothing against having eternal optimism, but 7 wins would be a victory for this team right now, they are going to have a legitimate shot next year, but right now it's not realistic to think this team can make the playoffs when they don't have anyone at QB right now. EJ will grow, he will win some cool victories the rest of the way, but the reality is that he is a rookie, the receiving corps are just too fragile right now, and the defense is doing all it can just to keep games close. I won't be disappointed about this season, I have seen a real shift in attitude and i love the coaching staff, but playoffs just aren't realistic.

If the Bills finish 8-8 it will be a major accomplishment. It would be even better if they beat the rest of their divisional opponents to accomplish that 8-8 record.

Also in getting to 8-8 the Bills are able to figure out that EJ is the real deal and has what it takes. EJ also remains healthy.

We as fans also witness young guys playing good and see the team is getting a lot better. To me this is reality.

Playoffs would be great, but given the injuries and new coaches i think this was/is a growing year.

I for one am very happy with the direction the Bills are headed talent wise and D coaching. The O has been spotty at times this year, play calling has been questionable. Lets hope these last 7 games the Bills finish strong and set the tempo for going into next season.

for the old timers on this board, this team is like the 86 and 87 Bills. they had a lot of pieces in place, then with a few more additions and the right coaching staff, went to 4 straight super bowls. the motto back then was "just wait to next year"...kind of a running joke. and it applies this year too. this team won't make the playoffs. but should be a force to be reckoned with next year. for now, enjoy watching them grow together. it won't always be pretty, and occasionally painful (KC...ugh). but they are learning how to compete, and that's what really matters.

You can't criticize this team for losing like previous years when the season isn't over yet. If they finish with 6 wins or less, fine. But right now, with a much easier closing schedule, there is every reason to believe that their "quality losses" against good teams will translate to wins against worse teams. Especially with EJ's probable return. I expect them to finish with more than 6 wins which will instantly make them better than the last 3 years, and also be a positive sign that the trajectory is upward for next year and beyond.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

The Bills don't need to draft another QB just yet.

What they do need to do is stop hanging the rookies out to dry, and let the run game & defense win games

I lol'd at the notion that somebody really thinks asking any QB above Pop Warner level to complete a 2 yard pass is equivalent to hanging him out to dry. Thanks for the laugh!

How can Buffalo make the playoffs....

the last wild card is wide open with 10 teams in the AFC having 4-6 loses.

Step 1 for buffalo is to get to 2nd place....

How can they get to the point to control their fate.....

1. They beat Jets and fins at home

2. Jets and fins split their 2 games left to play

....they give them all 6 loses.....the first tiebreaker is combined head to head. Buffalo would have the edge.

3. for the division if they can also have Miami beat NE in Miami in week 15 then Buffalo would have the edge in divisional record in tiebreakers.

4. To get the division if they can win out and get to 9-6 and New England lose 3 of their next 6 games till the finale (one at miami must be one of them, then 2 of their other 5 games--DEN, @ BAL, @ CAR, @ HOU, CLE--in order of the most loseable to least loseable). then the final becomes a winner take all for the division title. If they were to beat Miami and lose another game then it will come down to common record and conference record. BUf looks like they will be noncommon 1-1 If New England lost to both HOU and DEN then they will have the edge there if division record was tied.

5. With the wild Card----due to tiebreakers they have the edge on Baltimore, lose to Cleveland, Cincinnati, and KC. The best they can do in conference record would be 7-5 which will make tie breakers potentially tough with other teams. I think many of the other teams will end up 9-7 and 7-9 so getting to 10 wins could mean the wild card.

Tap your breaks fella. I hate to be the oh pisser in the cheerios but we have to demonstrate the ability to even win 2 games straight THIS season.do that and we can revisit scenarios. We all can admit they are heading the right way but in the W column we come up short. Here's to winning the division out right next year. This year sharpen up and learn how to put teams away.

LV

Tap your breaks fella. I hate to be the oh pisser in the cheerios but we have to demonstrate the ability to even win 2 games straight THIS season.do that and we can revisit scenarios. We all can admit they are heading the right way but in the W column we come up short. Here's to winning the division out right next year. This year sharpen up and learn how to put teams away.

LV

Want a point of reference---look at Washington last year. Thjey started 3-6 with 8 of 9 games one score games that were decided in the 4th quarter.

They had a rookie QB

They started to turn it around mid season....

This clip is always relevant every year on this board about this time - someone always tries to figure out how all the stars in the universe could possible come together so the Bills make the playoffs - it never happens and usually we are just concentrating on winning the next game.

this isnt stars coming together this is having the easiest schedule remaining before the finale where they play

@ PIT 2-6

NYJ 5-4

bye

ATL 2-6

at TB 0-8

at JAX 0-8

MIA 4-4

at NE

They should beat the two winless teams......

They should beat MIA and NYJ at home

Its not that much of a logical stretch to say they cant beat ATL and PIT.

I lol'd at the notion that somebody really thinks asking any QB above Pop Warner level to complete a 2 yard pass is equivalent to hanging him out to dry. Thanks for the laugh!

You are welcome. Happy to provide you with a laugh. My thoughts, asking a kid who won only 4 out of 26 games in college to make a play on 3rd and goal against the #5 defense in the NFL was flat out stupid.

Run FJax or Choice and if they don't get the TD then simply kick the FG. I'd have second thoughts at letting Fitz throw on 3rd and one at the goal line. An un drafted rookie FA QB, no way in hell. there was a reason Tuel wasn't invited to the NFL combine or drafted.

Edited by FeartheLosing