Looking forward to Pittsburgh

TPS

It seems like many Bills fans have more confidence in the Steelers than the Steelers fans have, possibly because the Steelers fans have had to watch their team play each week. The Bills should dominate line play on both sides of the ball - they are simply better. The Steelers blitz is hardly fearsome anymore, based on their 8 games so far. Rapelesberger is always a threat, but they do not have any scary receivers, and no running game. It is always possible the Bills throw the game away somehow, but this is a game they absolutely should win.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the first time Tomlin has threatened his team this year. Unfortunately it rings a little hollow because they don't have the depth. If Ike Taylor doesn't play they're not going to be bringing much on either side of the ball. Art Rooney the second declared a couple of years ago that they needed to get back to "Steelers " football, running the ball and playing defense. They got rid of Arians and went to Haley.

The drafts under Tomlin have been uninspiring other than Timmons/Woodley who were in the bridge draft after Cowher. It's not like they haven't drafted in the trenches, they just haven't had big successes between health problems and lack luster play to replenish their front line players and they are also not hitting many in the later rounds. Their OT's are especially bad and I think we're going to abuse them.

Maybe I'm a little jaded because I have lived here for a long time and I'm tired of hearing about the Steelers from their "fans", but I think we're going to take them behind the woodshed and give them a whooping. We are more physical on the lines and I hope we cram it down their throats and Kiko has a nice game. I'm not going to be surprised if we knock Ben out of the game. I'lll be as happy as I was when I saw Frank Reich beat them in person at the 92 wildcard game.

I was at that '92 game, was barley able to get out of the stadium and I had my 10 year

old son, and his 12 year old cousin with me. But it was worth it.

I was at that '92 game, was barley able to get out of the stadium and I had my 10 year

old son, and his 12 year old cousin with me. But it was worth it.

I got into the stadium with a $20 bill courtesy of a friend of a friend, standing room only. I really enjoyed yelling "put in Bubby" when it was apparent Neil O'Donnell was not going to get it done.

This seems like a reasonable article - "Bills an easier foe for Steelers". :w00t: Okaaaay...

http://www.newpittsb...oe-for-steelers

Um.. who wrote this and what is the New Pittsburgh Courier? I don't know what to speak of first... the fact that he thinks Fred Jackson plays for the Pats... no offensive stars on the Bills... (CJ anyone?)... the "lowly Bills" as they referred to them,have a better record than their Steelers...who lost to the 1-7 Vikings. Lewis expected to start at QB? It's almost like they grabbed someone off the street and asked them to write an article about the NFL but they actually cover Major League Soccer or something. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

He can get as mad as he wants.

But it's not going to change the fact that the Stillers have allowed the talent on their DLine to deteriorate badly and appear to have completely blown the rebuild on their OLine.

These guys are not good in the trenches right now; they're not even adequate at this point. They still have a couple guys scattered around the roster who can play but some uncharacteristically poor franchise decisions over the last few years have really hurt this team, likely both in the short term as well as long.

I watch a lot of Steelers games and follow them pretty closely as my wife is a fan. (Thanks NFL Rewind!). What's above is accurate with the exception that one of the guys that can still play is a franchise QB. Roethlisberger can keep them in a lot of games and shouldn't be overlooked. Their offense lacks any other real weapon, though. Brown is a good WR, but he's not a deep threat. Miller is a stud all around TE, but he's coming off injury and Bell is pedestrian. He can log carries, but doesn't have break away speed. Getting Adams off the line was helpful and the OL can run block, but pass pro has been a real problem. Lastly, Haley is the OC and he's not been good.

The defense is still run by Lebeau, but he doesn't have the horses to pull it off these days. Heyward replacing Hood at DE has helped, but the DL hasn't been keeping the LB as clean as they used to. That has been an issue with the ILBs and Polamalu against the run and on play action. They seem to be overplaying the run (because they need to) and getting caught on play action. OLBs have not put a lot of pressure on QBs either. Consequently their pass defense has suffered at times even without the play action issues.

Their specials have had issues in coverage and punting. They dumped their punter and picked up another one a week or two ago. Their FG kicker is good.

I see the Bills taking this one unless they are totally out-gameplanned or EJ has trouble shaking off the rust or can't go. Run the ball and use play action especially as the game goes on. Hit Roethlisberger early and often and keep him from working any magic. Bell won't beat you, but he can.

He just wants to make sure he gets some Primanti Bros.

That's funny. But, man, I HATE Primanti Brothers sandwiches. I've tried them a couple of times and then just gave up. Want a good sandwich in Pittsburgh (and very good beer)? Go to Fatheads.

One thing about those good drafts with so many outstanding picks on the defensive side of the ball - they had this guy working there for 10 years by the name of Doug Whaley. You know, the guy who is now the Bills GM.

Edited by BarleyNY

That's funny. But, man, I HATE Primanti Brothers sandwiches. I've tried them a couple of times and then just gave up. Want a good sandwich in Pittsburgh (and very good beer)? Go to Fatheads.

One thing about those good drafts with so many outstanding picks on the defensive side of the ball - they had this guy working there for 10 years by the name of Doug Whaley. You know, the guy who is now the Bills GM.

LOL they are not my style either - never been to Fatheads but sounds like a good place!

yeesh - I thought things were bad here, most of these fans are taking the Bills BIG. It all goes to hell at the end when they turn on one another...

http://www.steelerad...ame-this-Sunday

1. Interesting that several fans lament the loss of Urbik.

2. They seem to have given up on the season. I guess we know what that is like. Debating whether they should lose for draft position. Sound familiar?

3. It could get ugly for the Steelers at the Big Ketchup Bottle if the Bills can get an early lead.