Ya'll may think I'm crazy but I love this team, warts and all

eball

Great post. I really enjoy watching this team too. They are finding some ridiculous and painful ways to lose, but they fight like mfers and have some real talent at a bunch of positions. I find myself mostly feeling sorry for the players and the coaches when they lose (as opposed to feeling sorry for myself, which is my normal fan reaction) - when I watch the games I feel like they deserve to win, even though there is clearly no 'deserve' in the NFL. I really hope they turn the corner this year or next, because they have the makings of something special. (I think.) (I hope.) (What the hell do I know?)

My feelings also. Well put.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are entitled to your opinion, but you're saying that Hackett calling a play that gave Tuel a run/pass option on 3rd and goal on the first drive of the 3rd quarter, with the Bills ahead by 7, is "forcing rookie QBs to win the game?"

I would have to say I disagree. Also, Hackett's playcalling got the Bills into a tie at 13 after KC had taken the lead and probably 95% of all Bills fans believed the game was over.

Tuel made a couple of big mistakes yesterday, but they weren't Hackett's fault in my opinion.

I was a huge critic of Hackett the first 4-5 weeks and I think he deserved the negative attention. The person you just responded to can't seem to admit that everyone on this team is getting better including Hackett. Some people just can't get away from an opinion they form no matter what the person does after that opinion is solidified.

We're witnessing the growing pains of a young and talented team that is fighting its way through obstacle upon obstacle, and that includes the HC and OC. Does anyone not believe that if EJ runs out of bounds in Cleveland rather than taking that shot to the knee, the Bills are probably at least 5-4 right now? What they've had to deal with at the QB position, combined with other key injuries, is nothing short of disastrous, and yet there they were, yesterday, pushing an 8-0 team all over the field.

There are lots of things that can be improved, there's no doubt, but I think this is the start of something pretty special. The worm will turn. If not during the 2nd half of this season, then in 2014 for certain.

Those of you bitching about who should be cut, or complaining that Marrone is a horrible HC and Hackett is an awful OC, really need to step back and take a look at how the team is playing, and compare it to what you see around the rest of the league.

If you disagree with my perspective that's fine, but to me it's so clear to see the difference on the field now as compared to the past decade+. The loss hurt yesterday, but I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this team.

yes--i do NOT believe we'd be 5-4 right now even with EJ.

Yeah the record, not great but I feel a change in the wind. There is a definite difference in the attitude. When you have rookies you will have mistakes. They will learn and get better. There is a few positions that need fine tuning, QB being the biggest area. EJ will make a few mistakes but with time he will be a good QB. The offense already seems to run smoother with him in there. I like Thad as a backup. Tuel? He could do in a pinch if they can help him with his throwing mechanics. I know there is a few fans that are disgusted and I admit I get frustrated also at times. But I will never give up being a Bills fan EVER!! GO BILLS!

I disagree. Look at the age of our players & expiring contracts. Factor in our lack of depth & the fact we are $20 million under the cap, we just can't sustain injuries & win.....

I have no idea what you are talking about. Most of our starters are young......and very few are due to be FAs in the next 2 seasons.

2014: Byrd, Carrington, Chandler

2015: Dareus, A.Williams, Legursky, Pears

We're witnessing the growing pains of a young and talented team that is fighting its way through obstacle upon obstacle, and that includes the HC and OC. Does anyone not believe that if EJ runs out of bounds in Cleveland rather than taking that shot to the knee, the Bills are probably at least 5-4 right now? What they've had to deal with at the QB position, combined with other key injuries, is nothing short of disastrous, and yet there they were, yesterday, pushing an 8-0 team all over the field.

There are lots of things that can be improved, there's no doubt, but I think this is the start of something pretty special. The worm will turn. If not during the 2nd half of this season, then in 2014 for certain.

Those of you bitching about who should be cut, or complaining that Marrone is a horrible HC and Hackett is an awful OC, really need to step back and take a look at how the team is playing, and compare it to what you see around the rest of the league.

If you disagree with my perspective that's fine, but to me it's so clear to see the difference on the field now as compared to the past decade+. The loss hurt yesterday, but I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this team.

All of this

Good post, reminds me of the 87' Bills, you get a sense that they are improved , damn what the record is.

think for sure they are 5-4 and tied with the Jets if EJ gets out of bounds in Cleveland.

For sure they are much better coached, this team has plenty of talent. They need a couple of more pieces (OL, LB) and I am confident that Doug Whaley and Russ will get those pieces.

At the beginning of the season I thought they would be growing pains and we have seen that. But what I like most about them is that they are a tough team .

It's coming , we just have to be a bit more patient Bills fans . :) I like where they are headed.

I was a huge critic of Hackett the first 4-5 weeks and I think he deserved the negative attention. The person you just responded to can't seem to admit that everyone on this team is getting better including Hackett. Some people just can't get away from an opinion they form no matter what the person does after that opinion is solidified.

Agreed

Man o man that is a lot of warts! :lol:

Contrary to some opinions the sky isn't falling. Rookie HC, rookie playcaller, 3 rookie QB's...expect growing pains.

Actually what you mean is that in your opinion the sky isn't falling. Because it is an opinion.

What the sky falling has to do with missing the playoffs for 14 straight years I have no idea, but it is apparently a tool of the apologist.

Losing is losing. If you are ok with it, then good for you. I am not OK with it.....but I will admit the Bills are a joke and as a good sport I don't get bent out of shape when the rest of the football world is laughing at our team of choice.