Jonathan Martin AWOL, Incognito suspended

uncle flap

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me what all if these posts about Pat Moran and his daughters mean?

Ive seen them pop up a couple times through the years but don't understand them.

It all stems from Patrick Moran reporting that Merriman was caught smuggling steroids across the border a few years ago. Everyone questioned his sources and he decided that in lieu of concrete proof, it would suffice to swear on the life of his daughter. Needless to say the Buffalo Bills and the Border Police refuted all allegations and Moran issued some weird half hearted redaction/apologies.

More on that here, here and if you want the really juice stuff, here

http://espn.go.com/n...jonathan-martin

I would suspend this POS for life. With his record, he is a lifelong POS and has no place in this league.

Someone will give him another chance and he won't learn his lesson. that's what happens when you enable POSs. They keep doing the same stuff. It's why TO act like a whiny baby his whole career.

Someone will give him another chance and he won't learn his lesson. that's what happens when you enable POSs. They keep doing the same stuff. It's why TO act like a whiny baby his whole career.

i dont know that it will here. think that cooper had practice fights with team mates and questions if guys would welcome him back and his was a one time use in a heated moment and drunk.... this is a guy thats now been documented doing across a variety of incidents.

not to mention the PR hit a team would take.

i dont think hes a good enough player that a gm is going to stick his neck out for him -- especially being 31 at the start of next year.

Edited by NoSaint

Inconito's NFL career is done:

@ProFootballTalk

Report: Dolphins are "done" with Incognito, he won't play for them again http://wp.me/p14QSB-9k8r

as a 30 year old guard, it is really unlikely he gets another go. he would have to have a lot of things align perfectly. its the type of situation that would likely take a former coach that liked him on a team where theres desperate need for a guard..... but when you are booted from every team youve been on its increasingly unlikely anyone from your past really wants to put their neck out for you and strangers almost universally would have no desire to.

i think most seemed ready to be upset long before any racial stuff came out. i think simply now that its been confirmed hes the guy and he was deserving of backlash you are actually getting the backlash.

but if you want to make it about that, have at it.

That may be true. The first I heard of it was in that context. Don't get me wrong, calling people 1/2 !@#$s is a dick move, (can you imagine the outrage if he'd called him a full blown n-word) I just find it funny that we as a society find that more offensive than willfully trying to break a guy's ankles.

Eric Wood was on WGR and was asked about the whole hazing/ Incognito thing. To summarize:

1. RI showed poor judgement and definitely crossed lines.

2. Its up to veteran leaders to take care of such situations.

3. "Rookie nights" can be fun, team building exercises.

4. Has not experienced nor observed any serious rookie hazings as a Bill

5. Must know when to take a step back if the hazee seems vulnerable and can not take the ribbing in spirit.

6. This year the Bills gave the rookies bad haircuts. One of the rookies has eczema on his scalp and they decide to pull back on shaving this person's head since he seemed especially self conscious about it.

7. As a rookie, Eric was invited by the O-line to a free dinner at a Rochester restaurant. He shows up to PF Changs to learn that the meal will be free for everyone but him. He ends up paying for the entire O-line. At the end of the meal, the waiter shows up with a dessert cart so they can each pick a dessert for the night. Langston Walker takes one look at the cart and goes, "Thats nice. Now bring us 4 carts"

That may be true. The first I heard of it was in that context. Don't get me wrong, calling people 1/2 !@#$s is a dick move, (can you imagine the outrage if he'd called him a full blown n-word) I just find it funny that we as a society find that more offensive than willfully trying to break a guy's ankles.

Speak for yourself on the ankles. No place for that word and frankly I hate dirty play. Hate it. I love football, and I like it more when guys beat each other straight up

This thread attracted a lot of strong opinions well before any mention of half N-words. Race has played a minor role thus far in this thread.

Let me be clear. My comments are not exclusively directed at those who have posted in this thread. I first heard about this on sports talk radio & that was the angle they went with. I've heard it from others since. I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm glad to hear the discourse has been more enlightened than what I've heard elsewhere.

To me, this situation boils down to 2 things:

1. Richie Incognito is a complete jackass.

2. Jonathan Martin is soft.

#1 we all knew anyways, so let me elaborate just a bit on #2. What Incognito did to Martin as far as the racial slurs and such crossed the line, no doubt. He is a jerk and a bully. But, on to Martin. This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. You are a grown man. This is your livelihood. To me, you cannot let some bullying and getting picked on cause you to leave your career behind, even for an abbreviated period of time. He needed to either stand up to Incognito himself or go to coaches/management without sacrificing his career. There are A LOT of people around the world who are going through MUCH worse things, yet still getting up to go to their sh*tty 9-5 job day in and day out.

Just my two cents.