First Downs: Buf 25, KC 15

Rushing Yards: Buf 241, KC 95

Sacks Allowed: Buf 0, KC 2

Turnovers: Buf 0, KC 3

Points off of Turnovers: Buf 0, KC 17

Points scored by offense: Buf 13, KC 9

Final: KC 23, Buf 13

Additional facts:

8-0 Chiefs playing against a 3rd stringer for a 3-5 team, not a 3-5 team playing vs a 3rd stringer for a 8-0 team.

Bills didn't allow a single sack, much of that credit goes to 3rd string QB.

Spiller, with double digit carries averaging almost 10 yards per carry, NOT 100%

Woods lost in 3rd quarter, Goodwin in 4th.

Bills defense held KC offense to 3 field goals, TOTAL.

Score is all that matters, but for a team trying to build a winner vs. the only remaining undefeated team in the league halfway through the season, you can't help but see the glass half full.

Edited by dezertbill

My wife tells me I should find a new team to support because I am so negative about the Bills. Its like some sort of strange addiction to a drug that is killing me. I would love to soberly feel good about this team and its future but WTF they have screwed us so many times. Yeah they played decently but they still found a way to lose excruciatingly. Its been 13+ years of this and we all deserve better!

Not sure what corner they are waiting for?

They have played tough all year against some great teams, beating some as well.

EJ can't win a game in street clothes from the bench.

Anyone who thought this was a double digit win team in August was dreaming. This is a team on the build, and based on their production thus far this season they are moving alot faster than some experts thought. Myself as well.

It's all about seeing the team grow. Despite losing many starters, they have.

You must like losing.

I hate losing.

But i'm realistic about this team this year. This team needs to gain experience and learn how to win. They are coming close, with 3rd string QB's, back up RB's, and secondary guys off the street.

Give me a fully healthy Bills team with a season under their belt and I firmly believe you'll see a different result.

Mckelvin cant grab a fumble, Fredex cant run a 1 yard TD, the defense cant hold when it counts, Easly cant catch the ball, SJ is overrated. Lets stop dreaming, this team is always one big play away. Been like that for at least 7 years now.

Mckelvin cant grab a fumble, Fredex cant run a 1 yard TD, the defense cant hold when it counts, Easly cant catch the ball, SJ is overrated. Lets stop dreaming, this team is always one big play away. Been like that for at least 7 years now.

With all due respect, that is absurd.

Fredex is freaking amazing. The extra yards he gets--the vast majority of teams would be thrilled to have him as a No. 1. We have a potential franchise QB. We have one of the best run games in the NFL.

Our D is finally stuffing teams. If we had an experienced QB, we would have won this handily.

I don't know about you, but this team has a different feeling. They hit harder, tackle better, attack, and the run game is outstanding. We get Manuel back, and this team has the potential to be really good.

The fact people can't see how this team is different -- and I'm no homer -- is staggering to me.

Fredex is freaking amazing. The extra yards he gets--the vast majority of teams would be thrilled to have him as a No. 1. We have a potential franchise QB. We have one of the best run games in the NFL.

Our D is finally stuffing teams. If we had an experienced QB, we would have won this handily.

I don't know about you, but this team has a different feeling. They hit harder, tackle better, attack, and the run game is outstanding. We get Manuel back, and this team has the potential to be really good.

The fact people can't see how this team is different -- and I'm no homer -- is staggering to me.

the team is different. no doubt. i'm more hopeful. but how in the world is tuel on the team? probably for the same reasons chan gailey was ever considered for the hc or that woeful hick considered (and then retained) for gm. i like this team. i really do. i like marrone. but the front office depresses me beyond despair. maybe this time it'll be different...

Funny how they dominate this game and lose..against Cincy, BIlls got manhandled and went to overtime and...LOST, in New York they got Manhandled, tied it up and lost. First game of the season they have a lead in the 4rth against Pats and...LOST! Even a Blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes...I guess ours was against the Panthers!

Edited by curitiba

I was at the game, the BIlls completely dominated this game and should have won by at least two touchdowns.

The biggest thing that irks me with the offense in general is they are not situationally aware when it comes to the big picture of the game.

Bills come out of the half and drive the ball quickly down the field. They are at the 1 yard line facing a third down with their 4th string QB, leading 10-3 over a team that showed absolutely nothing offensively the whole game to that point, and didn't show anything the reast of the game either. Knowing that any type of score puts you team up by two possessions and that KC has struggled to do anything of note offensively, what is the call?

My call all day long would have been to spread them out with 4 wide and empty the backfield, then run a QB sneak. The worst thing that can happen is you basically are kicking an extra point. You have probably a 50/50 chance of getting a TD, IMHO. So what do they call? A pass in a critical situation depending on their 4th string rookie QB to make a play. What happens? He throws a pick-6, the worst possible result.

I understand they are going to say if we put a guy in the game we expect hmi to make plays. I totally understand that. But at some point you have to leave well enough alone and realize who you have back there and protect your team from a stupid play at the worst time, especially in a tight compressed window with 22 players within 11 yards of each other.

That being said, if Tuel makes the right read and sees a wide open Stevie Johnson, its a different story. In fact, the player who returned the pick 6 was in the right place at the right time for the wrong reason, leaving his man wide open and doubling down inside...he blew his coverage, but miraculously it worked out perfectly...

Edited by matter2003

Hackett is the number one reason for us losing, how bout a toss sweep at the one yard line with spiller? a pass to a TE in the end zone instead of every third down a a 5 yard out to him. How bout more deep balls where you tell your qb either throw it farther or sooner but stop under throwing your deep guys.

its just the most typical stupid play in football, throwing a pick six at your 1, its an insta-lose-the-game call that I see idiot teams/qbs make, didn't Hackett know tuel is a rookie?

My wife tells me I should find a new team to support because I am so negative about the Bills. Its like some sort of strange addiction to a drug that is killing me. I would love to soberly feel good about this team and its future but WTF they have screwed us so many times. Yeah they played decently but they still found a way to lose excruciatingly. Its been 13+ years of this and we all deserve better!

Couldn't of said it better myself.

The Chiefs should feel dirty winning that game. They were outplayed the entire game. Both touchdowns were absolute gifts. We had 8 dropped passes. We doubled their yardage. And we lost by 10. Tuel did a good job, all things considered. Bad call at the 1 yard line. He isn't instinctive enough to switch receivers and find Stevie in the back of the end zone. No way to prove this, but I bet he would've dropped it anyway. Field goal +3 rather than pick 6-10.

Hackett is the number one reason for us losing, how bout a toss sweep at the one yard line with spiller? a pass to a TE in the end zone instead of every third down a a 5 yard out to him. How bout more deep balls where you tell your qb either throw it farther or sooner but stop under throwing your deep guys.

its just the most typical stupid play in football, throwing a pick six at your 1, its an insta-lose-the-game call that I see idiot teams/qbs make, didn't Hackett know tuel is a rookie?

Yeah, 'cause Tuel didn't know he was underthrowing guys. The whole stadium knew it, the WR's knew it, the announcers knew it but not Tuel. Makes total sense. I bet Hacket forgot to tell him "don't throw a 101 yard pick six when Stevie is uncovered in the end zone".

I was at the game, the BIlls completely dominated this game and should have won by at least two touchdowns.

The biggest thing that irks me with the offense in general is they are not situationally aware when it comes to the big picture of the game.

Bills come out of the half and drive the ball quickly down the field. They are at the 1 yard line facing a third down with their 4th string QB, leading 10-3 over a team that showed absolutely nothing offensively the whole game to that point, and didn't show anything the reast of the game either. Knowing that any type of score puts you team up by two possessions and that KC has struggled to do anything of note offensively, what is the call?

My call all day long would have been to spread them out with 4 wide and empty the backfield, then run a QB sneak. The worst thing that can happen is you basically are kicking an extra point. You have probably a 50/50 chance of getting a TD, IMHO. So what do they call? A pass in a critical situation depending on their 4th string rookie QB to make a play. What happens? He throws a pick-6, the worst possible result.

I understand they are going to say if we put a guy in the game we expect hmi to make plays. I totally understand that. But at some point you have to leave well enough alone and realize who you have back there and protect your team from a stupid play at the worst time, especially in a tight compressed window with 22 players within 11 yards of each other.

That being said, if Tuel makes the right read and sees a wide open Stevie Johnson, its a different story. In fact, the player who returned the pick 6 was in the right place at the right time for the wrong reason, leaving his man wide open and doubling down inside...he blew his coverage, but miraculously it worked out perfectly...

So QB's never fumble when running the ball? Couldn't someone just as easily say, "Throw the ball, the worst thing that happens is the QB throws the ball away if no one is open and you kick the FG."

An undrafted, rookie QB screwed up, we don't have to search and search for scapegoats. The was likely 4th on the depth chart before injuries to Kolb, EJ and Lewis. Today we saw why.

Sorry, I had to call BS on this.....the OC calls the deep pass plays or on occasion the QB will audible and check in to a fly/go route if he sees the right coverage; the OC does not "tell your qb either throw it farther or sooner but stop under throwing your deep guys." This isn't peewee, Enlightener.....c'mon now

They are certainly more fun to watch this year... and maybe they will turn the corner next year if they have another solid draft and if they add some solid FA's and if the QB situation is resolved and if the older vets like Fred + KW don't drop off and of course if new ownership takes over and a bunch of other if's.... or maybe they won't.

My stats:

9 times this year, I had hope at halftime.

7 times this year, I still had hope at the 2 minute warning.

3 times this year, I actually got to celebrate a win.

Countless times I've muttered something like, "I really got to stop being a Bills fan."

I'm tired of so-called moral victories where we outgained our opponent, or took a good team to the wire, or would have won a game except for single play, bad call, or injury. Forget nobles failures, Coach Marrone. Please give me some ugly wins.

Great post on a number of points. Had to be that much more frustrating actually being there and seeing it unfold. Bills had some "worst case scenarios" play out which ruined them. I agree with the four wide and QB sneak. When you have a young QB, you sometimes have to keep it simple, and more importantly keep momentum on your side. It seems after that pick six, the tide changed for the worst, and his confidence was a bit shaken.