Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly? Being better than Trent Edwards is what we are hoping for?

NO! (well, "YES!", but lots better)

But to act like the guy doesn't deserve to make a team is overreacting. This on a board where some STILL insist that Trentative could play.

Tuel is a development project, that was forced into action against an (overrated) 8-0 team with an excellent defense.

Yup cutting Tuel will make the Bills a better team.........

It probably would.

There's more guys like Thad Lewis doing nothing that can give you a chance to win games.

First time I've read this about Tuel. Is it based on anything?

What he's shown on the field every game, including preseason. He whines to his teammates and officials when anything goes against him. Certainly doesn't look like a leader, for those who care about those things.

What would you prefer from our 4th string QB? Tom Brady?

I'd prefer we recognize that as much as we want this kid to be at least a backup caliber QB, he doesn't have the tools to be in this league. We put him on the PS and move on to the next person.

Today's performance was the Tuel ceiling. As ugly as that was. Cleveland game was the floor. Any game he plays expect something somewhere in the middle.

It probably would.

There's more guys like Thad Lewis doing nothing that can give you a chance to win games.

What he's shown on the field every game, including preseason. He whines to his teammates and officials when anything goes against him. Certainly doesn't look like a leader, for those who care about those things.

Ridiculous. He isn't any different than the average NFL Qb out there. Plenty of GREAT QB's have been way worse. His problems lie elsewhere.

Un $%%%%$ believable in this thread.

Tuel played a decent game for a rookie.

He threw a pick 6 at the goalline. If the idea you cut the QB for throwing that pass then you could cut every QB in this league---including Brady and Manning.

He appeared to run it as a hot read. Had he altered the read to Stevie it would have been a TD and the ball game.

The DB who intercepted it actually made a mistake on the play by not covering Stevie He got a lucky INT.

He also had about 7 clear cut receiver drops.

The second TD return wasnt on Tuels fault. TJ Graham didnt secure the ball.

At the Cincinnati game they ran the ball 3 times inside the 2 and failed on 4th down....this time they thought about doing something different.

I'd prefer we recognize that as much as we want this kid to be at least a backup caliber QB, he doesn't have the tools to be in this league. We put him on the PS and move on to the next person.

Today's performance was the Tuel ceiling. As ugly as that was. Cleveland game was the floor. Any game he plays expect something somewhere in the middle.

More ridiculous statements....How do you reach this conclusion? It's his first start! Against an undefeated team that wins with defense.

Un $%%%%$ believable in this thread.

Tuel played a decent game for a rookie.

He threw a pick 6 at the goalline. If the idea you cut the QB for throwing that pass then you could cut every QB in this league---including Brady and Manning.

He appeared to run it as a hot read. Had he altered the read to Stevie it would have been a TD and the ball game.

The DB who intercepted it actually made a mistake on the play by not covering Stevie He got a lucky INT.

He also had about 7 clear cut receiver drops.

The second TD return wasnt on Tuels fault. TJ Graham didnt secure the ball.

At the Cincinnati game they ran the ball 3 times inside the 2 and failed on 4th down....this time they thought about doing something different.

There is no hot read on the one yd line. How do you break of a route shorter than that? The QB had man coverage and just has to make a read. He read blitz from the left side at the line, but made up his mind where to throw as well. That DB wasn't supposed to be there, he got muscled at the line and thrown off balance by SJ, then Tuel threw it right to him instead of SJ.

Maybe with these stellar scouting abilities, you could work for the Bills? He has played 90 minutes of pro football but you feel comfortable making such concrete, "factual" statements about what he can/cant do. I am really impressed.

Come on, man. He's an undrafted rookie making his first start in the league. Do I want him as our 1st string QB? Of course not. He is what we have. He made a horrible mistake, and made several errant throws. But, lets be realistic with our expectations of him in the here and now.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

More ridiculous statements....How do you reach this conclusion? It's his first start! Against an undefeated team that wins with defense.

It's not ridiculous at all. You can't win in this league with a guy that has poor arm strength and average accuracy. Maybe he improves, but right now he's the worst starting QB in the league.

At least with Thad he can zip the ball in spots. EJ has all the tools. Tuel, just either needs time to get stronger or maybe he won't get there. But starting him now is an embarrassment.

How about cutting ties with Hackett who again shows he is not NFL ready either. This is now three games that there has been one key O play call that influenced the outcome of a game. As soon as the interception was made at the goal line, I told myself that was it. Hackett - REALLY? You REALLY put this young guy in that position. Get the points. But of course you will be protected by Marrone who should be under the gun for today as well. Nice job Coach and O Coordinator. Very nice job!

470 yards of O. Yeah the Coordinator blows. A 3rd string mistake and an inexcusable failure to secure the ball by Graham. So fire the coordinator, that will fix things,,, :wallbash:

Maybe with these stellar scouting abilities, you could work for the Bills? He has played 90 minutes of pro football but you feel comfortable making such concrete, "factual" statements about what he can/cant do. I am really impressed.

Come on, man. He's an undrafted rookie making his first start in the league. Do I want him as our 1st string QB? Of course not. But, he is what we have. He made a horrible mistake, and made several errant throws. But, lets be realistic with our expectations of him in the here and now.

It's actually not that single pass that I have a big issue with. Guys make mistakes all the time and you expect that out of a rookie.

It's the fact that he floats every pass because he doesn't have the arm strength. He honestly looks completely physically out of place out there. It's not fair to him, actually. He's being put in a position to fail.

It's not ridiculous at all. You can't win in this league with a guy that has poor arm strength and average accuracy. Maybe he improves, but right now he's the worst starting QB in the league.

At least with Thad he can zip the ball in spots. EJ has all the tools. Tuel, just either needs time to get stronger or maybe he won't get there. But starting him now is an embarrassment.

How can anyone claim that Tuel has hit his ceiling, after one start in his rookie season?

Arm strength had nothing to do with the real turning point (the endzone pick 6).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

How can anyone claim that Tuel has hit his ceiling, after one start in his rookie season?

Arm strength had nothing to do with the real turning point (the endzone pick 6).

Because although that was a horrible play, I don't really put all the blame on him. Those three downs were mismanaged from the start. Stacking everyone in the box only let's the defense do the same. It's not surprising that we didn't punch it in. Then you put the kid in a tough situation on 3rd down. That's on the coaches in my opinion.

My view of Tuel is that I've seen enough of him to think that he just doesn't have an NFL arm. He gets way to much air under his throws which is why he consistently overthrew guys on intermediate routes and under threw guys on deep balls. He had a great throw on the TD to Goodwin (have to give him credit for that).

It's a tough situation for Buffalo, but I think you gotta try and put Flynn out there if Thad or EJ isn't ready. Maybe he will suck too, but we know Tuel sucks so why the F not.