Eight or Nine in the Box

The worst part is CJ and Fred are already banged up. I don't want to get another guy injured because they are running up the middle 40 times right into the blitzing LB's. They better throw some screens and pitch the ball to the outside to get them in space

The worst part is CJ and Fred are already banged up. I don't want to get another guy injured because they are running up the middle 40 times right into the blitzing LB's. They better throw some screens and pitch the ball to the outside to get them in space

Yeah I see CJ limping toward the sideline,after running into a stone wall up the gut. Every 1st down a running play,called by young Buddy Hackett.

Yeah I see CJ limping toward the sideline,after running into a stone wall up the gut. Every 1st down a running play,called by young Buddy Hackett.

OMG he is a young skinny buddy hackett. I agree who cares if tuel is a scrub he is in an NFL game we need to send graham and Goodwin deep and make them pay if they stack the box. But alas it will be more if the same predictable bullcrap from our OC.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Look for Hackett to dial up the go routes early.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep

If buddy Hackett runs his favorite play, the read option, with Jeff, I will puke right on the tv screen.

Read option with Tuel? He ran it with EJ and Thad for obvious reasons with their style. Tuel has OK mobility, but not sure why you would think Hackett runs that with Jeff.

reverse

flicker

end around

RB pass

1 or 2 of these today need to put a little bit of wonder in the KC DC's mind so we can try to operate without being suffocated.

These are all things that I cringe when I see them used in an offense that is struggling. It's like waving a white flag. They are only effective in an offense that is functioning well. The Bills would be well served today with frequent play action. KC will be stacking the box and likely to bite on play fakes. Some well timed screens on passing downs would work well. Hackett,however, will continue his maddening propensity of putting his inexperienced QB in the WORST situation possible ( 2nd or 3rd and long) by calling runs on 1st down and probably 2nd as well. Tuel will then be strip sacked and fumble multiple times and the game will be over as soon as it starts. The only positive could be that Tuel gets knocked around and Flynn comes in. Tuel doesn't seem to have the fire in his eyes that it takes to be an NFL QB. Vs CLE, he looked like a suburban kid that got dropped off on the East side of Buffalo. He had the same look after the first play last week when TL took a big hit and seemed as though he would be out awhile. Not a good sign. The guy looks like he knows he's in over his head. If Tuel plays more than one quarter, I'd say our chances of winning are under 5%. Call it 31- 6 Chiefs. I hope I'm wrong.

These are all things that I cringe when I see them used in an offense that is struggling. It's like waving a white flag. They are only effective in an offense that is functioning well. The Bills would be well served today with frequent play action. KC will be stacking the box and likely to bite on play fakes. Some well timed screens on passing downs would work well. Hackett,however, will continue his maddening propensity of putting his inexperienced QB in the WORST situation possible ( 2nd or 3rd and long) by calling runs on 1st down and probably 2nd as well. Tuel will then be strip sacked and fumble multiple times and the game will be over as soon as it starts. The only positive could be that Tuel gets knocked around and Flynn comes in. Tuel doesn't seem to have the fire in his eyes that it takes to be an NFL QB. Vs CLE, he looked like a suburban kid that got dropped off on the East side of Buffalo. He had the same look after the first play last week when TL took a big hit and seemed as though he would be out awhile. Not a good sign. The guy looks like he knows he's in over his head. If Tuel plays more than one quarter, I'd say our chances of winning are under 5%. Call it 31- 6 Chiefs. I hope I'm wrong.

I get the lack of confidence in our offense scoring points, but I don't get these predictions that the Chiefs will put up 30+ on our D. Not going to happen. Our defense has been responsible for 30 points once: Brees. Alex Smith & his receiving corps <<<< Brees.

I get the lack of confidence in our offense scoring points, but I don't get these predictions that the Chiefs will put up 30+ on our D. Not going to happen. Our defense has been responsible for 30 points once: Brees. Alex Smith & his receiving corps <<<< Brees.

It sounds like a lot, but I can't say I just see the D folding (though they are a middle of the pack D at best). Tuel will probably commit multiple turnovers, high % of 3 and outs, etc. This will lead to many more scores than would be the case if you could be efficient on Offense and flip the field position, etc. Season lows on offense for the Bills today will lead to season high for points allowed.

PLAY ACTION They will bite on the RUN BIGTIME

That's why the opponents are blitzing. Very hard to run play action, which are slower developing plays, vs the blitz. See the New Orleans game for examples.

I say run it right at them. If the Bills are going to develop a dominant run mentality then they have to believe that they can run it on anybody, regardless of front or personnel. Mix in some quick slants, screens and the occasional max protection deep throws and that's your best chance, IMO.

So if we played this game 20 times, you think the Bills would be lucky to win once? You guys, this is not the 1985 Chicago Bears we're playing. I'm not saying we're gonna win but some of you are being a little overdramatic. I expect a game similar to most every game we've played this year- a close one.

So if we played this game 20 times, you think the Bills would be lucky to win once? You guys, this is not the 1985 Chicago Bears we're playing. I'm not saying we're gonna win but some of you are being a little overdramatic. I expect a game similar to most every game we've played this year- a close one.

I have to agree... this isn't college. We have some good players too.

That's why the opponents are blitzing. Very hard to run play action, which are slower developing plays, vs the blitz. See the New Orleans game for examples.

I say run it right at them. If the Bills are going to develop a dominant run mentality then they have to believe that they can run it on anybody, regardless of front or personnel. Mix in some quick slants, screens and the occasional max protection deep throws and that's your best chance, IMO.

Bills opponents are blitzing because the Bills have inexperienced QB's that haven't shown they can beat it. Smart defensive coaching. Play action will be effective vs stacked fronts if used on early downs or 2nd and shorts. Hackett usually waits until 3rd and 4 or more to throw then tries play action into a blitz due to the rather obvious pass that is coming after two short gains on running plays. It is all about timing and feel with play calling and NH is poor at this.

That`s what Tuel will see today. He has to put on his big boy pants,and complete passes. Rough day for our backs.

Go max pass-pro and send the speedsters deep and see how far Tuel can throw it. One nice thing about all those bodies up front is that if the RB gets past the first wave, there is no one left. It will be an ugly, ugly day but we may pull off a stunner. What do we have to lose?