Finally get a nearly national TV game and too beat up to win it

Less beat up than our Thursday night game...we have Gilmore, Byrd, McKelvin, Brooks, a real punter, and CJ may still play. The only piece missing is EJ so we'll need a game manager to play as a consistent (albeit non-flashy) quarterback. Establish the run and the QB's job will be a lot easier.

The excuse is not that we are beat up. If we get beat it will be because we are not as good.Simple as that. We are no more beat up than every other team. The qb? One rookie qb who we are not sure about versus Lewis, who is ok if we can protect him. Betting folks are quite rightly betting against us. Me, I think we have some remarkable talent and if the coaching is great...who knows? I'll be rooting for the bills with my heart, but my head is telling me we aren't ready for the elite teams yet.

Thad nearly gets decapitated and jumps up and pounds his chest and wills us to a victory in Miami. You guys really don't think he will play this weekend? I think if Thad had his throwing arm amputated he would figure out how to throw lefty and still start on Sunday

Edited by kdiggz

Thad nearly gets decapitated and jumps up and pounds his chest and wills us to a victory in Miami. You guys really don't think he will play this weekend? I think if Thad had his throwing arm amputated he would figure out how to throw lefty and still start on Sunday

Even if he does play, he doesnt mean he will play well. His ribs have got to be killing him. And to make it worse, he is going up against a d that sacks more than anyone. It is almost a guarantee that he is going to get sacked a couple times at least.

Saving grace for us is that it is a home game

I gree with this. But, he can't be as effective as he would like with that injury. Plus there is a good chance that he gets injured worse against that defense. So Teul or Flynn beter be ready.

Or maybe, just maybe, Marrone learned his lesson from Spiller regarding playing someone who is hurt and acts like a head coach and sits Lewis if necessary.

I think the Bills defense really needs to step up if the Bills have any chance at winning this game. The offense is beat up so lets hope the defense can dominate. And speacial teams can't give up any big returns either.

The last home game that the defense needed to really step up (Cinci) they failed miserably in the first half. I do think Cinci is a better overall club than KC, but the Chiefs will nickel and dime you to death with the short stuff and ball control it all the way down the field for points.

The Bills D just has to get off the field, and get a few turnovers (which will be hard to do since Alex Smith does not throw many high risk passes).

I disagree with the OP. We are actually pretty healthy outside of QB. We are still above average at RB even if Spiller sits. Lewis will probably play after several days to rest sore ribs. He should be fine. Probably his last start before EJ returns so might as well leave it all on the field. Defense is healthy. Offense is healthy enough if Lewis can protect the ball.

I think the country will see what we've seen all year. This is a young team with flaws to iron out still but it also has a lot of talent and plays competitively against even the best NFL teams. Hopefully that will translate to a W.

I disagree with the OP. We are actually pretty healthy outside of QB. We are still above average at RB even if Spiller sits. Lewis will probably play after several days to rest sore ribs. He should be fine. Probably his last start before EJ returns so might as well leave it all on the field. Defense is healthy. Offense is healthy enough if Lewis can protect the ball.

I think the country will see what we've seen all year. This is a young team with flaws to iron out still but it also has a lot of talent and plays competitively against even the best NFL teams. Hopefully that will translate to a W.

This. Thad will probably drag himself out there. If he can limit the turnovers like he did against Cinci and Miami, then the Bills can win this game.