David Nelson makes it rain on Pacman Jones

BADOLBILZ

He scored the lone touchdown in a game where we LOST 44-7..... Yes he did make the score 21-7 from 21-0. But let's not leave out the fact that Dallas marched right down the field next possession and scored to make it 28-7 end of the half. And from there on we scored no more points. Therein lies the problem of the celebration.

Nelson shouldn't celebrate unless he knows the defense will get stops or can accurately predict the final score? I wish to subscribe to your news letter.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we comparing Nelson to Graham? Totally different types of WR, and Graham is starting to show pretty well so ?

I mentioned TJ because he is awful and was retained while Nelson was let go. If this wasn't the dumbest move of the offseason than what was? Nelson is now playing the exact same position as TJ but actually making an impact and playing with physicality. Nelson has out-performed TJ at every stage of his career. He's also 5" taller, has bigger hands, a 38" vertical vs TJ 33.5" and he isn't afraid to play football, unlike TJ. Is this an unfair comparison? Are TJ's problems just EJ's fault?

I mentioned TJ because he is awful and was retained while Nelson was let go. If this wasn't the dumbest move of the offseason than what was? Nelson is now playing the exact same position as TJ but actually making an impact and playing with physicality. Nelson has out-performed TJ at every stage of his career. He's also 5" taller, has bigger hands, a 38" vertical vs TJ 33.5" and he isn't afraid to play football, unlike TJ. Is this an unfair comparison? Are TJ's problems just EJ's fault?

Nelson got released from the Bills and Browns because he was slow to recover from a knee injury. The Jets might have the worst wrs in the league and his knee is finally healing. Good for him because he is a good guy. But guys like Nelson are a dime a dozen.

Nelson got released from the Bills and Browns because he was slow to recover from a knee injury. The Jets might have the worst wrs in the league and his knee is finally healing. Good for him because he is a good guy. But guys like Nelson are a dime a dozen.

Holy overstatement Batman. If they're a dime a dozen, why have the Bills had a hard time replacing him? Our 3rd string WRs are crap at this point.

I like David Nelson but he is slow and was injured. He may still be a decent player in the league but that wasn't the direction the team wanted to go. I don't like TJ much but he is getting a bit better, it would seem. What's done is done, new staffs change schemes and look for players that fit, their opinion was DN didn't, our guys are very young, WRs in general take some time to get good. I am okay with how it went down.

I would actually rather see Easley play but that is another issue altogether.

Holy overstatement Batman. If they're a dime a dozen, why have the Bills had a hard time replacing him? Our 3rd string WRs are crap at this point.

2 reasons

1) Our QB can throw past 10 yards. Fitz loved Nelson because he ran underneath routes. You realize Nelson has the same yards per catch as lumbering Scott Chandler?

2) In 2011 when Nelson was our 2nd leading wr, he had 658 yards. Chandler is on pace to pass that and Woods was on pace until the last 2 games.

Again, I really like Nelson and he's a great dude. I won't mind him on this team. but 2 teams cut him and he is only getting a chance because the Jets are really bad at wr. Good for him, but Nelson is not as big of a loss as some of you make him out to be.

TJ is a whole different type of WR - he is a field stretcher and has done so all year. The Qb's haven't been able to get him the ball a lot of times yet. Other plays have been called back by penalty. And he shows fight with the ball in his hands along with improving on his shorter routes this year. I am a David Nelson fan... He's a nice , tall normally sure-handed possession WR. Was bummed when he went out for the year early last year. TJ last year had me concerned A LOT, but he has shown something this year and is progressing nicely. I don't see these 2 as mutually exclusive.

2 reasons

1) Our QB can throw past 10 yards. Fitz loved Nelson because he ran underneath routes. You realize Nelson has the same yards per catch as lumbering Scott Chandler?

2) In 2011 when Nelson was our 2nd leading wr, he had 658 yards. Chandler is on pace to pass that and Woods was on pace until the last 2 games.

Again, I really like Nelson and he's a great dude. I won't mind him on this team. but 2 teams cut him and he is only getting a chance because the Jets are really bad at wr. Good for him, but Nelson is not as big of a loss as some of you make him out to be.

And yet he's averaging more than that on the Jets. I have no delusions about what Nelson brings to the team, but I know that if I had a choice of putting out a WR on the field on 3rd and 7, and had a choice between TJ or Nelson, the answer is obvious. It's funny how we always complain that Bills historically got killed on third down conversions by slow footed but sure handed guys like Brown Finneran, Troy Brown, Hartline, etc, and then when we have a clone on the roster, people still want the shiny speedy object who never performs to lofty expectations.

Argue with the last sentence if you want. But the first is a fact that needs to be a part if this discussion. He wasn't physically able to start the season and it took him 6 weeks to see the field and 7 to have any impact.

Not worth holding a roster spot IMO.

Argue with the last sentence if you want. But the first is a fact that needs to be a part if this discussion. He wasn't physically able to start the season and it took him 6 weeks to see the field and 7 to have any impact.

Not worth holding a roster spot IMO.

we had the PUP option. We moved forward without a plan just like Levitre.

Nelson had value just like a TE and for a young and up coming QB a possession WR is a good friend.

Holy crap. I must have been thinking about Pacman. Nelson is a great person and the kind of guy who love having on your team. Major typo. :w00t:

No problem

I mentioned TJ because he is awful and was retained while Nelson was let go. If this wasn't the dumbest move of the offseason than what was?

Not getting a quality replacement for Levitre

No problem

Not getting a quality replacement for Levitre

the only place a quality replacement may have been is the draft. Its amazing how poorly the FA and rookie OL are playing. I think it has to do with the current DL in the league. Very aggressive Nd quick vs big and massive.

the only place a quality replacement may have been is the draft. Its amazing how poorly the FA and rookie OL are playing. I think it has to do with the current DL in the league. Very aggressive Nd quick vs big and massive.

One guard who was available and comes to mind is Vasquez, who signed with the Broncos. I am pretty sure there were at least 2 other options in FA who would have been better than Brown and Legursky. But, I agree the draft would have been another option, 3rd or 4th round pick at a minimum.

Nelson shouldn't celebrate unless he knows the defense will get stops or can accurately predict the final score? I wish to subscribe to your news letter.

With all due respect, you're putting words in my mouth. I'm not trying to get into it with anyone on here. I was simply pointing out something that didn't sit well with me. You can disagree with me all you want, I just wont resort to patronizing your opinion. There are plenty of fans and friends of mine who share in my opinion. I know I'm just an armchair coach, but all I am saying is if I was a coach of any sport and we were down 3 scores, I wouldn't want our players to celebrate that we are 2 scores down. Especially in an elaborate fashion such as that, while we are getting served. Why unnecessarily draw the attention to ourselves like that and fire up the opposition even more? Either way, I'm sorry if this has detracted from the OP's original intention of discussion. I'm done with this topic. GO BILLS, let's beat KC!

Nelson lost my respect when in the game against Dallas while we are getting blown out, he decides to celebrate a TD by kissing his Dallas cowgirl gf. That's just not kosher. Got a gf who happens to be with the opposing organization? Cool. Just don't celebrate a lone TD by smooching her while we are getting our asses handed to us.

I think you might need to reavaluate you're priorities in life if you think it was inappropriate to celebrate an unlikely moment with loved ones, during a game some of us may have an unhealthy emotional attachment to.

And yet he's averaging more than that on the Jets. I have no delusions about what Nelson brings to the team, but I know that if I had a choice of putting out a WR on the field on 3rd and 7, and had a choice between TJ or Nelson, the answer is obvious. It's funny how we always complain that Bills historically got killed on third down conversions by slow footed but sure handed guys like Brown Finneran, Troy Brown, Hartline, etc, and then when we have a clone on the roster, people still want the shiny speedy object who never performs to lofty expectations.

This ^

All Nelson does is go out with Velcro hands and make first down and TD catches.

Yet people think he is a dime a dozen because he is slow.

TJ Graham is super fast but can't catch a cold. He really should be converted to Safety or Corner as he has the hands of a little old lady. When you see a defensive player drop an easy interception, like how about 3 were dropped by the Saints defense last Sunday, and you say "Thats why he is on defense" that's TJ just on offense.

EJ does not throw the ball long. Having Chandler and Nelson work the ball in the middle would/should have been a no brainer for a rookie QB.

I like the comparison to Hartline and I think like Joe Jurevicius Nelson will be contributing in the NFL for a long time.

Edited by Why So Serious?