David Nelson makes it rain on Pacman Jones

BADOLBILZ

Recall the quaint threads from the summer in how the Bills instantly upgraded their WR positions by adding Da'Rick, Kaufman, Hogan to camp, and the bursting potential from TJ & Goodwin? Who needed guys who actually produced in the league?

I hate that mentality. Always looking for the shiny new toy.... How much do you want to bet that the FO would be willing to trade hogan, Easley, or even TJ for Nelson now?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that mentality. Always looking for the shiny new toy.... How much do you want to bet that the FO would be willing to trade hogan, Easley, or even TJ for Nelson now?

Could Nelson be the next Chris Burckett?

That's the kind of thinking that has held this team back (no plan or a bad plan). Do me a favor when you have a minute and name all the professional football players who are not one hit away from being hurt again.

If you don't get what I'm saying, then arguing with you is pointless. Some players are just injury prone and fragile. Nelson falls into that category IMO and if you don't get it, I'm sorry for you. I like our WR corps and my guess is he'd have a hard time getting on the field with this group. He is playing in NY because they are hurting for WR. I have moved on. Suggest you do the same.

Nelson could not stay on the field in Buffalo. He was decent when he was able to play, but he's just one hit away from being hurt again. No great loss.

where are you coming up with this stuff? I do beleive he had one major injury last season that put him in IR...other than that he was usually healthy and played if I remember correctly.

That this thread has traction boggles my mind. I'd take Nelson over Goodwin, Graham and anyone after Woods and SJ13. The guy was able to play. The biggest reason we are hearing about him is that he is playing for the Jets. If it was anywhere else we would not hear a thing. The NY rags like to put out these feel good stories on anything. See Maybin a few years back. Nelson is going to be in the league 8 more years.

We worship Hogan here but bash Nelson. What has Hogan done? It was a mistake not tendering Nelson. Perhaps the biggest mistake of the off season and I've said it since day 1.

If you don't get what I'm saying, then arguing with you is pointless. Some players are just injury prone and fragile. Nelson falls into that category IMO and if you don't get it, I'm sorry for you. I like our WR corps and my guess is he'd have a hard time getting on the field with this group. He is playing in NY because they are hurting for WR. I have moved on. Suggest you do the same.

Please, list his injury history.

I loved Nelson when he was here but let's get real. He was a borderline NFL wr who suffered a major injury. The fact that he is playing for the Jets says more about their terrible wrs than anything. Nelson was basically Chandler. I'd far rathertake the upside of Woods, Goodwin, and Graham over Nelson.

He is a terrible person and I wish him the best. But I'm not shedding any tears over Nelson. And Pacman as always is a straight up POS.

We worship Hogan here but bash Nelson. What has Hogan done? It was a mistake not tendering Nelson. Perhaps the biggest mistake of the off season and I've said it since day 1.

I have been a Nelson fan even when Donald (who?) Jones was our #2. When he was not retained in the off-season, I gave the benefit of doubt to the front office thinking that his injury was more serious than we knew about. But it is now apparent that he can still play and would have been a great #3 for us now with his penchant for converting critical downs. In my mind he was a WR/TE hybrid with good hands.

He is a terrible person and I wish him the best. But I'm not shedding any tears over Nelson. And Pacman as always is a straight up POS.

Why do you say that ?

I have been a Nelson fan even when Donald (who?) Jones was our #2. When he was not retained in the off-season, I gave the benefit of doubt to the front office thinking that his injury was more serious than we knew about. But it is now apparent that he can still play and would have been a great #3 for us now with his penchant for converting critical downs. In my mind he was a WR/TE hybrid with good hands.

Why do you say that ?

Holy crap. I must have been thinking about Pacman. Nelson is a great person and the kind of guy who love having on your team. Major typo. :w00t:

Well said.

I loved Nelson when he was here but let's get real. He was a borderline NFL wr who suffered a major injury. The fact that he is playing for the Jets says more about their terrible wrs than anything. Nelson was basically Chandler. I'd far rathertake the upside of Woods, Goodwin, and Graham over Nelson.

This. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Daily News has learned that Jones, who has had numerous run-ins with the law during his career, made it clear that Nelson would face repercussions for what he perceived as dirty play even if it meant taking matters into his own hands off the field.

“I’m going to find out where you live and come and get you,” Jones told Nelson, according to a source.

Jones admitted to the Bengals’ official website that he jawed with Rex Ryan in the second half.

"He told me to shut the hell up," Jones told Bengals.com.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/pacman-jones-threatens-jets-david-nelson-im-going-to-find-out-where-you-live--272649.html Good for Rex :)

Not worthy of threats, IMO. Nelson simply bumped Pacman shoulder to shoulder. What's more notable is that Nelson is playing FLANKER, in for injured Holmes!! The Gailey Admin insisted that Nelson was too slow to line up outside. *&%$ IDIOTS!!!! He already has more catches than TJ and just joined the Jets 4 games ago. They cut a STUD and promote a BUST.

Yes, David Nelson. Known STUD.

The dude has nice hands and gets open but if you want YAC forget it. He isn't going to play Pacman Jones every week. Note that he really helped lead the charge in a fantastic victory for the Jets in the game you speak of.

Wait what?

He scored to make the game 21-7. I wouldn't consider it a blowout or outrageous to celebrate a TD under those circumstances.

He scored the lone touchdown in a game where we LOST 44-7..... Yes he did make the score 21-7 from 21-0. But let's not leave out the fact that Dallas marched right down the field next possession and scored to make it 28-7 end of the half. And from there on we scored no more points. Therein lies the problem of the celebration.