TE Jimmy Graham (foot)

CB Rod Sweeting (hip)

Limited

T Zach Strief (ankle)

DE Cameron Jordan (ankle)

Full

WR Lance Moore (hand)

S Malcolm Jenkins (back)

Watch Robey on Moore as a real test for the young guy. Moore is a big time security blanket for brees, and a highly underrated player leaguewide.

Watch Robey on Moore as a real test for the young guy. Moore is a big time security blanket for brees, and a highly underrated player leaguewide.

From the University of Toledo.

He played WR for Bruce Gradkowski who was blocked for by Nick Kaczur.

Edited by jboyst62

New Orleans Saints' Injury Report for Thursday, October 24, 2013:

Did Not Participate

DE Tyrunn Walker (knee)

RB Mark Ingram (toe)

S Roman Harper (knee)

TE Jimmy Graham (foot)

CB Rod Sweeting (hip)

Limited

T Zach Strief (ankle)

Full

WR Lance Moore (hand)

S Malcolm Jenkins (back)

Unrelated to this thread besides seeing him on the injury report...Roman Harper follows me on Twitter. No idea why, but whatever.

Did Not Participate

DE Tyrunn Walker (knee)

RB Mark Ingram (toe)

S Roman Harper (knee)

TE Jimmy Graham (foot)

CB Rod Sweeting (hip)

Limited

T Zach Strief (ankle)

Full

WR Lance Moore (hand)

S Malcolm Jenkins (back)

Lance Moore has done nothing this year. Any idea why?

Did Not Participate

DE Tyrunn Walker (knee)

RB Mark Ingram (toe)

S Roman Harper (knee)

TE Jimmy Graham (foot)

CB Rod Sweeting (hip)

Limited

T Zach Strief (ankle)

Full

WR Lance Moore (hand)

S Malcolm Jenkins (back)

Unless I see Brees not on that report, it means nothing . . . :wallbash:

Lance Moore has done nothing this year. Any idea why?

I shared this a few times, if you review just the WR's in the New Orleans passing game, the WR group is average to above average, not great. This is one of the big issues the New Orleans masks because of Graham and Sproles. If Graham doesnt play, that places more focus on the receivers to step up. Add in that New Orleans has an average O line, you can quickly see that there are some areas the Bills D could exploit. I am not saying this will lead us to a victory, but I sure believe this game will be a lot closer than people are expecting.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

I shared this a few times, if you review just the WR's in the New Orleans passing game, the WR group is average to above average, not great. This is one of the big issues the New Orleans masks because of Graham and Sproles. If Graham doesnt play, that places more focus on the receivers to step up. Add in that New Orleans has an average O line, you can quickly see that there are some areas the Bills D could exploit. I am not saying this will lead us to a victory, but I sure believe this game will be a lot closer than people are expecting.

Agreed - colston is a big physical guy but not that explosive, nick toon and Kenny stills are young and talented but shades of Brady's young receivers making mistakes still, lance Moore is mr reliable for drew when he's in, which is why I thought it noteworthy to mention him specifically. Guys a bit like Stevie in having a knack for getting open but he catches everything and is tough as nails. Also a guy that adds some swagger to that unit. Him and graham I think do a lot for that group from an intensity and fun playing football attitude standpoint and if they were both neutralized with injuries(like New England) I think it would've been very possible they came out flat and lacking confidence (not to mention missing two of the top 3-4 dynamic players in the passing game)

It's so thin they brought meachem back. He was very good in this offense before but I'm not calling him a threat again til he proves it

Edited by NoSaint

If there was ever a moment in a young guys career to make a statement, its Sunday. I am talking about Dareus. A solid rush up the middle from Dareus and Branch will disrupt the Passing Lanes that Brees will see through. Brees is about 6' and has to tip toe to see over his line. The Buc's beat him up and a big reason was because the Buc's DT's did a great job of plugging the passing lanes.

If there was ever a moment in a young guys career to make a statement, its Sunday. I am talking about Dareus. A solid rush up the middle from Dareus and Branch will disrupt the Passing Lanes that Brees will see through. Brees is about 6' and has to tip toe to see over his line. The Buc's beat him up and a big reason was because the Buc's DT's did a great job of plugging the passing lanes.

Seems you see a good bit of saints football. I agree and have been beating the drum of Mario having a very favorable matchup outside and if the defensive tackles do what they are capable of we could hang. It's the formula- saints concede an edge rush with hopes drew can climb the pocket. They invest heavily in guards and he's among the best in the league at it. It's a strength we may be able to take away.

It's so absolutely fundamental in how they manage that roster. They let tackles walk, don't spend 1st rounders on them.... But made Evans the highest paid guard in the league when they signed him, and after nicks walked they signed grubbs for a nice contract (is it the largest free agent deal they've given to an outside player since drew? It's a shade ahead of lofton, Sproles was cheap, jabari was reasonable, it's more than Keenan Lewis.... Am I missing someone?). If we can beat those guards we will be competitive.

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed! The not so secret to the Saints passing attack is that they clean the middle and passing lanes for Brees, and let DE's walk outside. Stuff the middle and cover the outside routes and we have a chance, and to his credit, I'm convinced that Morrone and Pettine already know this and are game planning it that way. Sproles is to shifty for a LB to cover him, in fact we (like so many NFL teams) don't have any LB that could cover him, so that job will go to Safeties. My guess is that if we can get pressure up the middle closing the pocket on Brees he won't be able to see properly and make mistake. Play zone up the middle, and press on the outside and I think we frustrate them. of course NO is still going to score points, and if Thad can't then it all goes for not.

Agreed! The not so secret to the Saints passing attack is that they clean the middle and passing lanes for Brees, and let DE's walk outside. Stuff the middle and cover the outside routes and we have a chance, and to his credit, I'm convinced that Morrone and Pettine already know this and are game planning it that way. Sproles is to shifty for a LB to cover him, in fact we (like so many NFL teams) don't have any LB that could cover him, so that job will go to Safeties. My guess is that if we can get pressure up the middle closing the pocket on Brees he won't be able to see properly and make mistake. Play zone up the middle, and press on the outside and I think we frustrate them. of course NO is still going to score points, and if Thad can't then it all goes for not.

Yup - they are good enough you can get it right and play well and they still go off for a big day but generally speaking I think we match up pretty well. Might still score 40, but we do have the potential to hold them to 20 if we play a good game and catch a break or two.

I can't wait to see what Pettine is going to do. When you concede outside pressure, I'm envisioning Mario on the inside, with Darus at DE (which he can play). Instant pressure. Or, regular formation with Alonso on a delay blitz. Alonso could also shadow Sproles all day, but I'd rather a DB do that.

Cut n paste view of a well respected footbal pub on the Saints WR's -

The biggest story coming into this game is the health of TE Jimmy Graham. Not only did Graham get shut down by the Patriots in Week Six, but he also suffered a foot injury that could keep him out this week. Graham has admitted the extra attention he’s received throughout the season has made things increasingly more difficult, and when no one else in the receiving corps is stepping up, we can understand why defenses have been keying on Graham. Sure, RBs Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas have made plays in the passing game, but WR Marques Colston has been very disappointing and WR Lance Moore got off to a bad start and has missed some time with a hand injury, although it looks like he’ll return to action this week. With little production coming on the ground, the Saints can’t afford to have their aerial attack stall out and they will be tested by a Buffalo defense that’s playing quite well coming into this matchup in New Orleans.

I would be VERY surprised if Graham plays. He would have had to practice at least once especially since they are coming off a bye. They will say game time decision to keep the Bills guessing and he might even dress but I doubt he plays. Bills should have done that with CJ. Keep them guessing until the very end