Saints Thursday Injury Report

NoSaint

I would be VERY surprised if Graham plays. He would have had to practice at least once especially since they are coming off a bye. They will say game time decision to keep the Bills guessing and he might even dress but I doubt he plays. Bills should have done that with CJ. Keep them guessing until the very end

He practiced Friday

He practiced Friday

I could of sworn I read that he didn't but as I just googled it I see that he did. Thanks for the info. He was limited so there's still a chance he won't play then.

Edited by kdiggz

I could of sworn I read that he didn't but as I just googled it I see that he did. Thanks for the info. He was limited so there's still a chance he won't play then.

My take watching this week and listening to rumors- he will be active but don't expect a ton from him. Likely see him on redzone plays for instance.

Maybe its a good thing if Graham plays. If he's not 100% he may not be much of a factor.

True, but we would still have to answer him, then that takes away focus on keying on Sproles and the WR's. Graham is also quite large as in 6'7'. Outside of Colston and the rookie Toon whom are on the outside, Brees will have a tough time finding folks over the middle. If he sits, all the better for the Bills.

Am I the only one who thinks Strief is a bigger key than Graham for the Bills? If Strief doesn't play or his effectiveness is limited by injury, Mario could literally take Brees's head off. If the Bills pull off a stunner tomorrow, it is a good bet that it will involve Brees getting pummeled.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

Mortensen just tweeted "don't get your hopes up" regarding Jimmy Graham. Looks like he is out

Well, that should somewhat even the playing field with Spiller out too. Both teams have proven they can score without their top offensive threat (although the lack of production from Graham two weeks ago did result in a loss!). I hope our coaches have put together their best game plan of the year.

I can't wait to see what Pettine is going to do. When you concede outside pressure, I'm envisioning Mario on the inside, with Darus at DE (which he can play). Instant pressure. Or, regular formation with Alonso on a delay blitz. Alonso could also shadow Sproles all day, but I'd rather a DB do that.

I'd rather see Robey shawdow Sproles.. If Graham doesnt play we will have a lot more freedom in secondary and can go man and blitz heavy. Only way to disrupt Brees is heavy pressure

Am I the only one who thinks Strief is a bigger key than Graham for the Bills? If Strief doesn't play or his effectiveness is limited by injury, Mario could literally take Brees's head off. If the Bills pull off a stunner tomorrow, it is a good bet that it will involve Brees getting pummeled.

Disagree - the drop from graham to Ben Watson is HUGE. Streif already plays like a backup and the drop is negligible to his actual backup.

Seems you see a good bit of saints football. I agree and have been beating the drum of Mario having a very favorable matchup outside and if the defensive tackles do what they are capable of we could hang. It's the formula- saints concede an edge rush with hopes drew can climb the pocket. They invest heavily in guards and he's among the best in the league at it. It's a strength we may be able to take away.

It's so absolutely fundamental in how they manage that roster. They let tackles walk, don't spend 1st rounders on them.... But made Evans the highest paid guard in the league when they signed him, and after nicks walked they signed grubbs for a nice contract (is it the largest free agent deal they've given to an outside player since drew? It's a shade ahead of lofton, Sproles was cheap, jabari was reasonable, it's more than Keenan Lewis.... Am I missing someone?). If we can beat those guards we will be competitive.

I have watched the Saints because of Fantasy Football. I am in no way a Saints fan because of bounty gate. I also feel as though Indy lost the super bowl in 2009 more so than Saints taking command and winning it.

I have Jimmy Graham on two of my rosters and Sproles on another. It is so huge that Graham is most likely not going to play today. Another key item for today - screen passes. With regards to Mario and our edge rushers coming hard (and they will), Pettine has to respect and stay very vigilant about the screen pass cause New Orleans does a really nice job with screens.

Oh man could this be the true coming out party for Dareus. Its today baby, its right there. I stick to my game forecast that this game will be much closer than expected. At the end, it will be a one possession game.