I know we all hate the patriots, but

The Poojer

yesterdays perfomance is one that should be kept for training purposes.  the patriots were nearly flawless and and an awesome display of football, and any moron that pins this loss on peyton hasn't got a clue about football.

208761[/snapback]

Agree, I thought NE was unbelievable in this game, both offensively and defensively. That was nearly the perfect game. If they continue like this, Pitt, Philly or Atlanta will not stand a chance. For next year, this was the game to try and find a weakness to exploit.

The thing about the Patriots that is both impressive and infuriating is that they are an incredibly disciplined team. You can see it on offense and defense.

On offense, the things that always gets me is how they manage to convert third downs, no matter what the distance. They always seem to have at least one receiver open, and it appears to be a combination of good strategy, good route running, and good decision-making by the QB.

On defense, they always seem to know where to be. Defenders constantly are in position to make the play, and they rarely miss. That seems to be a combination of good strategy, good study, and very disciplined play.

It's impressive, but it sucks. I hate them.

yesterdays perfomance is one that should be kept for training purposes.  the patriots were nearly flawless and and an awesome display of football, and any moron that pins this loss on peyton hasn't got a clue about football.

208761[/snapback]

I felt bad for Peyton yesterday, watching all those dropped passes, knowing that he was going to take the brunt of the critisism. Hearing the fans chant "Cut That Meat!" at the end was funny, though.

Pats are great! Let's face it. If they win against Pittsburgh and go on to win another SB this will be a great dynasty and Belichick could be the best coach of all time. Three SB out of four in today's game! Yes, better than Lombardi, Noll, Shula etc... That is if the Pats win the SB. The Pats have not had to win a playoff game on the road during this run except when Drew beat the Steelers 3 years back.

Why are they so good? Unselfish, smart, and make the plays they are supposed to--catch the ball when it is trown to you, tackle, block your assigned guy, make your FGs you should. They do not do dumb things to hurt themselves. I'll take Tom Brady over any other QB in the NFL today because he plays smart.

208761[/snapback]

Regarding your thread title, I disagree with the generality of "..we all hate the...". Sure, I hate the dolphins, I hate the Jets, but honestly am pretty indifferent to the Pats.

While there is a lot to be jealous of regarding the Pats, that does not make me hate them. Again, the dolphins - yes. Jets - yes. I just honestly cannot hate exemplar football coaches and players just because they are rival.

In fact, the content of your thread tends to support that. Hating success is so..not right. But, I do agree we should take a few pages if not chapters out of the Belichick manual of coaching in the NFL. Impressive.

Regarding your thread title, I disagree with the generality of "..we all hate the...".  Sure, I hate the dolphins, I hate the Jets, but honestly am pretty indifferent to the Pats.

While there is a lot to be jealous of regarding the Pats, that does not make me hate them. Again, the dolphins - yes.  Jets - yes.  I just honestly cannot hate exemplar football coaches and players just because they are rival.

In fact, the content of your thread tends to support that.  Hating success is so..not right.  But, I do agree we should take a few pages if not chapters out of the Belichick manual of coaching in the NFL.  Impressive.

208856[/snapback]

He shoulda said most of us hate the

or

All the sane people here hate the

or

All the hetero people here hate the

Common man, give a guy a break. You're either a pat hater or you're a T-Bone. There is no in between!

208761[/snapback]

The Patsies are the best Team in The NFL until someone else proves otherwise...Period...end of story... :doh:

Well, yeah it is.  But we don't like it one bit! :doh:

208909[/snapback]

I dunno. Some of these people look like they're really enjoying themselves. Of course, I can't understand them too well with their mouths full...

208761[/snapback]

agree, belicheck has them right on trackto win another ring . god i hate to say that

OH Bite me, i just appreciate good football, be it the bills or thier arch nemeses! no love fest here, just appreciation for a job very well done!

I dunno.  Some of these people look like they're really enjoying themselves.  Of course, I can't understand them too well with their mouths full...

208919[/snapback]

I dunno.  Some of these people look like they're really enjoying themselves.  Of course, I can't understand them too well with their mouths full...

208919[/snapback]

There's a difference between being a fan and recognizng that our heroes are WAY behind the 8-ball developmentally when compared to the Patriots.

I don't think it was so much the fish exposing a Patriots' weakness as it was the Patriots not taking the game too seriously. It's hard to be at your best every week; and if you're going to have a down week, the Dolphins would seem to be a team to let up a little against. Unfortunately, the Patriots seem to know how to avoid that kind of performace come playoff time; where Tom Brady is undefeated.

208761[/snapback]

Yep. We should train our guys how to hold and not get caught. :)

Like Poojer, I just enjoy a good football game. And, the Patriots are damn fun to watch. I won't say that I love them, or that I necessarily even root for them, but if I was a gambling man, I would find it very difficult to bet against the Patriots. I hate to say I knew it, but the more smoke people were blowing up the Colts asses this past week, the more convinced I was that they were going to be blown out by the Pats. I had a strong feeling about them, and the Falcons this past weekend. Actually, on second thought, I had a strong feeling about the Pats, and a strong feeling that the Rams would suck.

What sets Brady apart from Peyton, and all most other QB's in the leauge, is that he is absolutely unflappable. Peyton is just too constipated out there. It almost seem like when he drops back to pass, he first sees what the defense is not giving him, where as Brady just seems to see what is there. They call Manning cereberal, but Brady is about as cerebral as anyone to play the position in the last 25 years or so. When the going gets rough, and the defensive heat is turned up, it is almost like guys like Manning and Favre (at this point) have to rely on sheer confidence in their own ability to force something to happen. Brady just rarely seems to get himself in that situation. The one time he did, that I can recall, was that stupid pass he threw against the Dolphins on Monday night. He tried to force something that was not there. He did it once this year, other QB's get paid to do it, it seems....