Well, kinda glad we passed on Freeman...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the worst displays of quarterbacking I've ever seen. I knew he would look bad - two weeks is not enough in a new system - but the Vikings would have been much better off with Cassel.

I give Whaley some credit for trying to get Freeman.

Unfortunately, this has been a recurring theme. It's too early to say Freeman is not going to return to the form he showed early in his career but the truth is that for every "dodged bullet" there is a Tony Gonzalez turning the Bills down.

They need to get on the other side of transactions like "Marshawn Lynch for a mid round pick". To do that, you gotta take chances on guys like Freeman who have talent but are no longer an ideal fit where they are at.

For folks who enjoy watching the drama in Tampa (and/or Madden fans), here is a guy who creates 44 Schiano men to compete against the Panthers in Madden.

Hilarious stuff.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4862062/greg-schiano-breaking-madden

IMO, one thing Schiano hated about Freeman was that little smile he always has, even after he throws a pick or otherwise screws up. Josh just keeps smiling (well, he is getting 8 million bucks this year...).

They need to get on the other side of transactions like "Marshawn Lynch for a mid round pick". To do that, you gotta take chances on guys like Freeman who have talent but are no longer an ideal fit where they are at.

I think getting to 8-8 this year would help. I know guys follow the money. But, they often don't follow the money to bad teams but to teams that are either winning or about to start winning. Like Tony Gonzalez for example. Teams building something. If we get to 8-8 we become the team that looks like it's building something. This may help us to attract better FAs.

Wow. Just when you think the drama can't get worse, the talking heads are accusing him of faking injury. Maybe just a way for Harrison to get his name in print.

http://msn.foxsports...ncussion-102613

When Harrison played, there was no baseline testing, no concussion protocol, no official watching replays for signs of potential concussion-causing injuries, and the NFL was publishing literature saying a player was not likely to suffer worse injury if they suffered a concussion and returned to the same game.

So for him to say he doubts Freeman's injury because "I played safety at a high level for a long time and I was bangin' and I never missed a game because of a concussion, so it just seems like an excuse to me." is just stupid on his part. It's like saying "Mike Webster was bangin' and he never missed a game because of a concussion, so it must be an excuse". You could say that about every NFL player who misses a game because of concussion.

Kolb was fakin', he just wanted out of Buffalo so saying he has a concussion and going on IR is obviously just an excuse.

I admit I was completely wrong on Freeman. He's played much better in the past, but it's as if his confidence is rattled and is damaged goods. Too bad as he was a decent QB in the past. He played on a poor team.

Somewhat true, but I wonder for how much of this past game he was playing with a concussion.

And even QBs with a decent history (C Palmer for example) have a tough time being thrown into a new situation, in mid-season. It would never happen to a guy like Peyton Manning so I can't venture to guess how he would fare.

I think getting to 8-8 this year would help. I know guys follow the money. But, they often don't follow the money to bad teams but to teams that are either winning or about to start winning. Like Tony Gonzalez for example. Teams building something. If we get to 8-8 we become the team that looks like it's building something. This may help us to attract better FAs.

Agreed and it will be a struggle to get there now. They played the offseason a bit to casually. Addressing the guard position with some kind of quality instead of Colin Brown(and later Schlub Legursky) and adding more veteran talent to the secondary and not dumping TJack in favor of Kolb and this team has 5-7 wins right now. A lot of fans saw the inactivity in the offseason as the sign of a team conceding defeat in the name of re-building...but you don't sign vets like Lawson and Branch for what they can bring you two years from now. They just mis-played it. They could be winning now. Having a winning season would really change the perception of this organization and boost Marrone's chances of building a successful team in subsequent seasons. Another losing campaign will only make it harder for Marrone to turn it around.