[please fix subject]

mart

When a NFL team drafts a player he is a unknown commodity, but when a NFL team cuts a player he is poison (for want of a better word) on the field or in the locker room. Sure, mistakes are made with roster cuts once in a while, but for

all those who were wanting to sign Josh Freeman, the lesson is not to insult

the intelligence of another organization.

Witness Monday night. He was 20-53 with one pic for 190 yards. The 37%

completion rate the worst for a QB since 2007. How would you like a Bills QB

to put up those numbers.

When a NFL team drafts a player he is a unknown commodity, but when a NFL team cuts a player he is poison (for want of a better word) on the field or in the locker room. Sure, mistakes are made with roster cuts once in a while, but for

to put up those numbers.

Yeah everyone knows the true measure of a QB is if they can walk off the street in a new offense and run the offense like they had all pre-season and training camp to learn the offense and get the timing down with the players in 10 days.

to put up those numbers.

Yeah everyone knows the true measure of a QB is if they can walk off the street in a new offense and run the offense like they had all pre-season and training camp to learn the offense and get the timing down with the players in 10 days.

to put up those numbers.

to put up those numbers.

Where have I heard that before?? :nana: (That's a slick way to increase your post total) Edited by BringBackFergy

Absolutely dumb decision by Frazier to start Freeman in the first place. That wasn't fair to ANYONE involved, especially to Freeman and his new teammates. The only explanation I can think of is that the level of rancor inside their locker against both Ponder and Cassel is what justified the decision to start Freeman.

GO BILLS!!!

Way too early to make that evaluation.

What did he have 10 or 12 days to prepare. aahhh

He looked pretty unprepared on the Bucs as well, after several years of starting. He actually called 2 timeouts on the opening drive of the season. Adderall just doesn't work as good after prolonged use. NFL.com actually put up a highlight film of all his incompletions vs NYG (all 33 of them). It might be the worst footage of any QB I've ever seen. I think his career might be over.

Absolutely dumb decision by Frazier to start Freeman in the first place. That wasn't fair to ANYONE involved, especially to Freeman and his new teammates. The only explanation I can think of is that the level of rancor inside their locker against both Ponder and Cassel is what justified the decision to start Freeman.

GO BILLS!!!

You would hope that the players would realize that Ponder or Cassel are still better options than Freeman at this point. I think Minny's receivers realize that now. If Freeman gets the start next week I wouldn't be surprised to see Jennings, Simpson and Patterson refuse to go over the middle for hospital pass Freeman.

While I think it's still too early to judge how Josh Freeman will turn out in Minnesota, I will say that after watching last night, I'm sure glad he's not a Bill. It wasn't just his performance, but how his attitude seemed the whole time. I remember one time he got hit and his o-lineman tried to give him a hand up, and he blatantly refused the help, got up, and pouted off the field. It was a pretty obvious snub to the guy that's supposed to protect you. Too many cameras in the NFL, too many people notice that kind of behavior, especially your teammates.

i think the whole situation is an indictment of Leslie Frazier...not Freeman OR Ponder OR Cassel. I think all 3 of those guys are as good as Thad Lewis! If any of them had been wit us as long as Lewis has, we'd be in good shape (the mystery of Freeman's off-the-field issues in Tampa notwithstanding).

The difference is coaching, and of course 1 1/2 weeks is nowhere near enough time to get a new qb ready.

GO BILLS!!!

cris carter was INSISTING on mike and mike that freeman was forced on frazier from the get go and was lastnight as well. just my gut reaction - he made it seem like he had a source on the signing but was just extrapolating from that on the decision to start him not belonging to frazier either.

to put up those numbers.

When that organization is run by Greg Schiano, you can go ahead and question their intelligence all you want. Freeman looks like he might be a flameout, but it was definitely a risk worth taking. Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner come to mind as successful QBs who had bounce-back seasons after being cut by their original teams. Collins might be the best comparison, as he had a number of off-field problems, including substance abuse.

to put up those numbers.

First of all, you need to fix the thread title to be more descriptive.

Secondly, the debacle of last night falls on Frazier's shoulders. He should never have put Freeman in that situation. And worse, he shoudln't have stuck with him throughout the game when it was eminently obvious that the guy looked utterly lost out there in the first half. If it were possible, Frazier should be benched for the next game.