Jets rookie whines about Pats*

http://msn.foxsports...avorites-092911

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Yep, because QBs get hit EVERY play. :doh: The list is useless because it suggests that every pass attempt involves contact. If there was a REAL article about how many flags thrown after any type of QB contact, Brady would be top of the list. And would contradict the premise of the aforementioned article

Yep, because QBs get hit EVERY play. :doh: The list is useless because it suggests that every pass attempt involves contact. If there was a REAL article about how many flags thrown after any type of QB contact, Brady would be top of the list. And would contradict the premise of the aforementioned article

logic states that if he was getting more roughing the passer calls for him on hits he'd have more total

That article bases the entire argument on one stat only, actual number of flags thrown for roughing the passer.

So much more goes into it, such as calling or not calling holding calls on the offensive line. If say Brady's

and Peyton's lines are allowed to hold more, give illegal shots to the face and helmet, and generally get away

with more, then fewer defenders are going to be getting to the QB on a consistent basis, therefore the lower

the oportunities to get a roughing the passer call. So, that stat does not even come close to telling the full story

of the gripes about protecting star QBs (particularly Brady).

As the Jets player said, you can't ignore that the NFL did instate the below the knee rule right after Brady is out

for a season due to a knee injury. And yet when Wilfork nailed JP in the knee on purpose, he doesn't even get a flag.

I stopped watching the NBA about 10 years ago because of the star treatment and unbalanced calls. And I hate

seeing the NFL go in that direction, but it does look that way despite the apologists.

I think for the most part the officiating in the NFL is pretty good, even in most Bills games. But one or two calls a game

can make a huge difference in a game or season. Say a star team is down in the 4th quarter, they have a 3rd down that

if they don't convert they may lose. A lineman gets away with a blatant hold that the announcers don't even comment on

and the QB completes an 11 yard pass to continue the drive. They may not score and still lose the game, but they're given

that one extra opportunity. Even one missed or bogus call a game or every other game over the course of a season may

allow a team to pull out a few extra wins.

You can see that type of thing every Sunday, especially for the star QBs and star teams. It's not blatant, but its pervasive.

No doubt those guys (Brady/Manning types) win because they're damn good and future HOFs but they and they're teams

definitely get the benefit of the doubt more often than other teams/players. And they do get more protection than non-household

name QBs.

That article bases the entire argument on one stat only, actual number of flags thrown for roughing the passer.

So much more goes into it, such as calling or not calling holding calls on the offensive line. If say Brady's

and Peyton's lines are allowed to hold more, give illegal shots to the face and helmet, and generally get away

with more, then fewer defenders are going to be getting to the QB on a consistent basis, therefore the lower

the oportunities to get a roughing the passer call. So, that stat does not even come close to telling the full story

of the gripes about protecting star QBs (particularly Brady).

As the Jets player said, you can't ignore that the NFL did instate the below the knee rule right after Brady is out

for a season due to a knee injury. And yet when Wilfork nailed JP in the knee on purpose, he doesn't even get a flag.

I stopped watching the NBA about 10 years ago because of the star treatment and unbalanced calls. And I hate

seeing the NFL go in that direction, but it does look that way despite the apologists.

I think for the most part the officiating in the NFL is pretty good, even in most Bills games. But one or two calls a game

can make a huge difference in a game or season. Say a star team is down in the 4th quarter, they have a 3rd down that

if they don't convert they may lose. A lineman gets away with a blatant hold that the announcers don't even comment on

and the QB completes an 11 yard pass to continue the drive. They may not score and still lose the game, but they're given

that one extra opportunity. Even one missed or bogus call a game or every other game over the course of a season may

allow a team to pull out a few extra wins.

You can see that type of thing every Sunday, especially for the star QBs and star teams. It's not blatant, but its pervasive.

No doubt those guys (Brady/Manning types) win because they're damn good and future HOFs but they and they're teams

definitely get the benefit of the doubt more often than other teams/players. And they do get more protection than non-household

name QBs.

Oh, you mean the Carson Palmer rule? BTW I stopped reading at the bold, you can't argue with somebody who can't get simple facts right.

I saw the article that said Brady is a ref favorite. And IMHO he's right.

“You’re going to see a lot of stuff, man, that the Patriots can do to you, that they get away with, that we can’t do to the Patriots. It’s just the way it is.”

People have even posted the pictures of uncalled penalties on the putz

Tuck rule, Knee rule, hot wife rule

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Love the picture.

I think it's a No Brainer that if Tom Brady had taken the hit EJ Manuel did and the player did and said what he did afterwards, it would have been a taunting penalty for sure, maybe even an unnecessary roughness and an ejection.

Of course, Brady would start sliding when the defender was 10 yds away, so the point is kinda moot.

His argumant is about the Pats team, not about Brady getting the roughing calls........“You’re going to see a lot of stuff, man, that the Patriots can do to you, that they get away with, that we can’t do to the Patriots. It’s just the way it is.”

and I think he's right...watch the Bills season opener and watch their line get away with holding

So Brady and Manning are not protected by refs because they are getting fewer roughing the passer calls? Or they are getting fewer roughing the passer calls because they are being protected by the refs?

Everyone feels free to hit Campbell because the refs don't care if someone kills him....so he gets hit 10 times more frequently.....resulting in 10 times the number of roughing the passer calls.

If the refs were not biased, the number of hits resulting in roughing the passer should be pretty much the same across all quarterbacks. But clearly, the data presented by the author is misleading....who cares how many roughing the passer calls get called for every one hundred passes. How about the real deal...how many roughing the passer calls get called per 100 quarterback hits.

From my view point the author is an idiot, doesn't know what data to look at, and can not even clearly interpret the data he does look at.

Edited by socalfan

... Somebody finally w/the Kikos to tell the truth!

I like that one! :thumbsup:

I just want to call dibbz on this being my avatar...

I have dibs on everything......but you can have it.