The Dolphins are not better than the Bills

KikO M G

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins beat CLE, IND and ATL. They lost to BAL and got blown out by NO. That's one win against a good team and one loss to a team the Bills beat.

I've read a lot this week about how good the Dolphins' defense is. The reality is they're giving up 23 points a game. If the Bills defense can do ANYthing this week, I like their chances to score enough points to win.

Does anyone else feel the Dolphins are a bit overrated so far this season?

What we think does not matter a wit. The Bills will have two chances to answer the question that you posed. The answer will be so loud that speaking will not be necessary.

The Dolphins beat CLE, IND and ATL. They lost to BAL and got blown out by NO. That's one win against a good team and one loss to a team the Bills beat.

I've read a lot this week about how good the Dolphins' defense is. The reality is they're giving up 23 points a game. If the Bills defense can do ANYthing this week, I like their chances to score enough points to win.

Does anyone else feel the Dolphins are a bit overrated so far this season?

I say this out of respect. Can we please stop underestimating our opponents week after week please?

There were people saying how the Jets suck this, and Cleveland sucks that and made threads about how we're going to demolish them.

I'm not saying let's enter the game with fear, but at least give our opponents the respect they deserve. Especially our divisional opponents since we can't EVER beat them. I don't look at overall records cuz each game is a new game with new players, but the Dolphins literally own us in the overall record. To even the score with them we would need to sweep the regular season series with them for about 10 years straight.

Then again, I may be out my mind who knows? I went in to the Jets game and Cleveland game confident that we were going to win and pretty damn worried about the Ravens game and look how those turned out. If that is a sign for prediction, then I'll have you guys know that I'm pretty worried about the Dolphins.

If the Bills,

A. win the turnover battle.

B. do not give up cheap TD's.

C. run the ball over 125 yards.

They will win!

D. Marrone doesn't cost us a needed timeout for challenging something that's unchallengable.

E. Rogers is inactive

F. Thad doesn't get happy feet

G. Kiko doesn't have to play all linebacker positions on the same play and actually gets some OLB help.

I recall week 2, 2006, Buffalo @ Miami. The Dolphins were heavy favorites to be playoff contenders that year while the Bills were expected to do nothing. Everyone was picking the Dolphins and yet the Bills win 16-6. This game could easily go the same way.

It's up to the team not to underestimate opponents. As a fan, believing my team is going to win on a Sunday keeps me coming back for more despite years of many more losses than wins. Part of that optimism is probably over selling the Bills and part of it is also probably under selling their opponent. I think the Bills and the Dolphins are both solid 7-9 win teams and expect the Bills to come out on top this week because I believe they have a playoff push in them and will not lose 3 in a row. Dolphins are also trying to avoid a 3 game losing streak. I could very well be wrong. But this is what I do each week to keep myself engaged in this awful franchise. Keep hoping the upswing is right around the bend....

The Dolphins may be marginally better than the Bills although I am not willing to concede that.

The 8.5 spread and the national groupthink (Dolphins will surely be picked by 95% of the national "experts") is what's more insulting after Thad has already shown a level of competency.

I expect a close game like every game so far. Fins do not run the ball or protect Tannehill and Pettine will surely send heat.

This is where I'm at. I trust Vegas probably more than anybody on this board but I believe the "post Manuel injury" Bills are a serious value team right now.

+3.5 vs Ravens, +4 @Browns...Both looked about right to me.

+7.5 vs Bengals, +9.5 @Dolphins...WTF.

Maybe a big drop-off in QB play will be evident soon but the two games Thad has played in the league are about as good or better than any game EJ has so far.

We beat one of the teams they lost to. They beat one of the teams we lost to. Our offenses and defenses are statistically very close in regards to points per game.

Bottom line, they're 3-2 and we're 2-4. So I give them the edge as being the better team right now.

I think the team that scores the most points will win.

Having said that, I'm thinking we sqwish those fish this weekend!

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

I say this out of respect. Can we please stop underestimating our opponents week after week please?

There were people saying how the Jets suck this, and Cleveland sucks that and made threads about how we're going to demolish them.

I'm not saying let's enter the game with fear, but at least give our opponents the respect they deserve. Especially our divisional opponents since we can't EVER beat them. I don't look at overall records cuz each game is a new game with new players, but the Dolphins literally own us in the overall record. To even the score with them we would need to sweep the regular season series with them for about 10 years straight.

Then again, I may be out my mind who knows? I went in to the Jets game and Cleveland game confident that we were going to win and pretty damn worried about the Ravens game and look how those turned out. If that is a sign for prediction, then I'll have you guys know that I'm pretty worried about the Dolphins.

Great Post! There are few teams the Bills have consistently beat, and there are many teams that the Bills consistently lose to. So far they are changing that trend this year, since they have consistently beat the Browns and Bengals in years past, and have consistently lost to the Ravens.

Now if they could only change the trend against the AFC East...

Edited by Gray Beard

Cameron Wake > all the Bills.

He's been a little nicked up. When's he back to full strength the fins are decent.

Tannenhills no scrub, neither is Mike Wallace.

Talent levels a little better on buffalo when you factor in healthy Cj and Fred though as compared to Lamar Miller.

if i had to chose (bills fan glasses aside) i would say the dolphins have a better roster to win a game today. that said, i think theyve pushed the chips all in on making a big run and i dont like their roster for a real superbowl contender meaning they will have to tear down and rebuild without reaching the big goal if i am right. in that sense i would take our team as a better long term position as we havent pushed the chips in yet and are still assembling talent that could put us in those discussions down the line.

If we can make them one-dimensional by stopping the run (hardly an impossible task) and run the ball well ourselves, then I think we win this one. I'm not sure Tannehill can win this one on his own if their offensive line remains so...offensive.

Yes, Miami hasn't shown much of a run game. However, as it's an away game, it should come down to another dog fight for the Bills, and the team that gets the lucky breaks will win.

The Bills have shown that they can generate a decent running game against good run defenses, so that will help Thad in the passing game with play action.

On D, the Fins have also given up a lot of sacks, and hopefully Gilmore and Byrd will be much better in this game.

I like the match up and think the Bills squeak this one out, 23-20.