Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

could be.

Anyone else think the candles might have been rendered fat from their victims?

CBF

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/terminus-cannibals.png

looks like skeletons to me

I'm guessing that Carol and Tyreese were watching from the woods when the shooting began and that they come to the rescue.

not sure who watches Judith though (unless they find Beth first)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be.

http://media.comicbo...s-cannibals.png

looks like skeletons to me

I'm guessing that Carol and Tyreese were watching from the woods when the shooting began and that they come to the rescue.

not sure who watches Judith though (unless they find Beth first)

Why leave that out in the open?, with that facility they could hide that crap any where.

It would only take one of them to open the train, (security is not real tight at this place) then Rick could take them to the weapons cache.I bet these people are not used to dealing with people that tear out other peoples throats with their teeth.

Why leave that out in the open?, with that facility they could hide that crap any where.

It would only take one of them to open the train, (security is not real tight at this place) then Rick could take them to the weapons cache.I bet these people are not used to dealing with people that tear out other peoples throats with their teeth.

yeah, that didn't make much sense .... other that to show the viewers who they really were.

Open a hatch in the top of the train or pry up some loose floor boards.

I have not read the comics, though I have a few friends who have. They had mentioned, way back, that what happens to Carl is pretty pivitol in the overall story....I was thinking it was an instance where the comic and tv show would differentiate...though it wasn't super graphic on tv (I think it is in the comic?), I was actually pretty shocked that they "went there", given the shows near universal appeal. I gather that all the "Carl haters" are going to be seeing a lot more of him in the coming season.

As the group was running they ran past a fence where there were a lot of human skeletons lying in the open on the ground

I only check out this forum for this show, so when someone mentioned it here and I thought it was out there, but would be a great call if true. But turns out there was chatter about cannibals all over Walking Dead forums because there is a group of cannibals in the comic. That along with the skeletons made it apparent for me, had I not known anything previously, I might not have jumped to that conclusion. Rick noticed the pocket watch and the person wearing the poncho and everyone with clean clothing and thought something was off. Then the lack of people of course was a sure sign of trouble. No way he knows what these people really are and that he is essentially live stock. The powdered milk box when they were walking into the train car, shows that they keep their 'stock' fed util they are ready to eat, plus the screams from the other train car shows there are more people captive, so Rick and the gang may have some time before it becomes their time...

I only check out this forum for this show, so when someone mentioned it here and I thought it was out there, but would be a great call if true. But turns out there was chatter about cannibals all over Walking Dead forums because there is a group of cannibals in the comic. That along with the skeletons made it apparent for me, had I not known anything previously, I might not have jumped to that conclusion. Rick noticed the pocket watch and the person wearing the poncho and everyone with clean clothing and thought something was off. Then the lack of people of course was a sure sign of trouble. No way he knows what these people really are and that he is essentially live stock. The powdered milk box when they were walking into the train car, shows that they keep their 'stock' fed util they are ready to eat, plus the screams from the other train car shows there are more people captive, so Rick and the gang may have some time before it becomes their time...

Not a comic fan at all so I can't say much. from what I hear, they've deviated from the comics so all bets are off.

Rick may have only known something was up after seeing the pancho, the riot gear and then acted on the pocket watch. How else would he jump to a conclusion on just a chain.

and IIRC the screaming from the train cars wasn't until they were running and looking for an escape.

Not a comic fan at all so I can't say much. from what I hear, they've deviated from the comics so all bets are off.

Rick may have only known something was up after seeing the pancho, the riot gear and then acted on the pocket watch. How else would he jump to a conclusion on just a chain.

and IIRC the screaming from the train cars wasn't until they were running and looking for an escape.

I don't read the comic either, but that was the chatter and it looks to be true.

I think Rick put everything together and knew they were taking peoples possessions, he was a cop, so it makes sense.

Yes, screaming as they ran past a box car in the inner complex.

In some of the other forums, I've read that the Terminus folks are keeping their livestock drugged. While I was rewatching the behind the scenes footage on amctv.com, one of the producers calls the room where Rick and the Terminus folks introduce each other as the meth room.

Just food for thought.

In some of the other forums, I've read that the Terminus folks are keeping their livestock drugged. While I was rewatching the behind the scenes footage on amctv.com, one of the producers calls the room where Rick and the Terminus folks introduce each other as the meth room.

Just food for thought.

the people in the courtyard did look a bit sluggish to me.

I had guessed that the food was drugged.

I know the popular opinion seems to be that Carol and Tyrese will play a big role in saving them and that Beth has already been eaten. I get the feeling that she's going to play a big role in them getting out. That episode was full of foreshadowing and the last flashback had Rick putting the hat on her and saying "there's a new sheriff in town". I couldn't help but think there was something to that.

I'll also gladly admit the possibility that the flashback could have also served the purpose of giving one more scene to Beth before never being seen again, just like it was for Hershel.

I know the popular opinion seems to be that Carol and Tyrese will play a big role in saving them and that Beth has already been eaten. I get the feeling that she's going to play a big role in them getting out. That episode was full of foreshadowing and the last flashback had Rick putting the hat on her and saying "there's a new sheriff in town". I couldn't help but think there was something to that.

I'll also gladly admit the possibility that the flashback could have also served the purpose of giving one more scene to Beth before never being seen again, just like it was for Hershel.

they had that planned before Herschel got "cut". The producers/writers told him not to cut his hair at the end of the mid season filming.

they had that planned before Herschel got "cut". The producers/writers told him not to cut his hair at the end of the mid season filming.

I just assumed they filmed all the flashbacks at the same time they were filming the season premiere. I can't picture them calling him and the Harry Potter kid back in to film two quick scenes.

I just assumed they filmed all the flashbacks at the same time they were filming the season premiere. I can't picture them calling him and the Harry Potter kid back in to film two quick scenes.

On Talking Dead they said the Herschel farming scenes were the last ones they filmed, so they did call him back just for that.

Too bad they don't have Lizzie. She could act all innocent, then take people out when they least expect it.

On Talking Dead they said the Herschel farming scenes were the last ones they filmed, so they did call him back just for that.

Too bad they don't have Lizzie. She could act all innocent, then take people out when they least expect it.

That is actually true about Lizzie, she could kill Terminites just as easily as everyone was lured there!

she was too busy collecting rats for the walkers

Glad they are going the cannibal route with this.

In the comics, our lovely bunch of survivors run into a group called "the hunters" after the whole Governor war. The Hunters are cannibals, and t makes some pretty intense reading, but is MUCH different than a Terminus sort of camp. Terminus, though, should work much better for TV. So I think it's a smart move by the show runners.

If they did The Hunters in TV, it'd be fairly short string of episodes, and would include a lot of "down time" in the woods, which I have a feeling many viewers would get bored of.

There is one really powerful scene in the comics that I would have liked to have seen playover, but that character is dead in the show already (Dale), and the Hunters aren't nearly as smart as what the Terminus group appears to be. Still, though, I kind of hope it happens.

----

The show seems to be doing a better job than the comic when it comes to difficult decisions. The comic is purely brutal, and often times suddenly so. Whereas the show, there seems to be more internal conflicts communicated.

One example springs to mind. In both the comics and the show, there's a pair of kids, where one kid kills the other.

In the comics, there's some discussion among adults after it happens, but not much of a decision made, and the emotions don't feel that high. In the comics, Carl (who, btw, is like 8 the entire time so far, but it benefits from not having to deal with time the same way as a show) sneaks into the kid's tent and makes the kill. This is actually one of the bigger events for Carl in how he "grows".

In the show, there's a fairly short discussion about it, but the emotions are incredibly high, the adults do what they know must be done, and it's utterly heart breaking. I think the decision worked out very well. Not to mention, I believe the show gives us a much better emotional connection to the two kids when leading up to the incident, whereas in the comics, the two kids are kind of a side/background story that doesn't really amount to much up until one kills the other, and Carl kills the remaining.

*rambles*

Anyways, I like some of the choices the show made this year. Definitely a solid season. The best I remember, but I don't remember where some of the previous seasons begin and end.

I'm still disappointed about how the show treated Andrea, though. In the comics, she's basically Rick's second in command, has a great head on her shoulders, and her skills save the group on multiple occasions. I assume her role is being taken by Daryl, but with a bow instead of a rifle (which, I'm not sure how that'll translate to later, but whatever). Daryl doesn't exist at all in the comics, and afaik, was supposed to be written out of the show fairly quickly, but stuck around due to fan popularity.

The show is doing enough new things to keep comic readers interested. They haven't been totally consistent with who is alive and who is dead, at least not so much that I feel safe in making assumptions. :)

Glad they are going the cannibal route with this.

In the comics, our lovely bunch of survivors run into a group called "the hunters" after the whole Governor war. The Hunters are cannibals, and t makes some pretty intense reading, but is MUCH different than a Terminus sort of camp. Terminus, though, should work much better for TV. So I think it's a smart move by the show runners.

If they did The Hunters in TV, it'd be fairly short string of episodes, and would include a lot of "down time" in the woods, which I have a feeling many viewers would get bored of.

There is one really powerful scene in the comics that I would have liked to have seen playover, but that character is dead in the show already (Dale), and the Hunters aren't nearly as smart as what the Terminus group appears to be. Still, though, I kind of hope it happens.

----

The show seems to be doing a better job than the comic when it comes to difficult decisions. The comic is purely brutal, and often times suddenly so. Whereas the show, there seems to be more internal conflicts communicated.

One example springs to mind. In both the comics and the show, there's a pair of kids, where one kid kills the other.

In the comics, there's some discussion among adults after it happens, but not much of a decision made, and the emotions don't feel that high. In the comics, Carl (who, btw, is like 8 the entire time so far, but it benefits from not having to deal with time the same way as a show) sneaks into the kid's tent and makes the kill. This is actually one of the bigger events for Carl in how he "grows".

In the show, there's a fairly short discussion about it, but the emotions are incredibly high, the adults do what they know must be done, and it's utterly heart breaking. I think the decision worked out very well. Not to mention, I believe the show gives us a much better emotional connection to the two kids when leading up to the incident, whereas in the comics, the two kids are kind of a side/background story that doesn't really amount to much up until one kills the other, and Carl kills the remaining.

*rambles*

Anyways, I like some of the choices the show made this year. Definitely a solid season. The best I remember, but I don't remember where some of the previous seasons begin and end.

I'm still disappointed about how the show treated Andrea, though. In the comics, she's basically Rick's second in command, has a great head on her shoulders, and her skills save the group on multiple occasions. I assume her role is being taken by Daryl, but with a bow instead of a rifle (which, I'm not sure how that'll translate to later, but whatever). Daryl doesn't exist at all in the comics, and afaik, was supposed to be written out of the show fairly quickly, but stuck around due to fan popularity.

The show is doing enough new things to keep comic readers interested. They haven't been totally consistent with who is alive and who is dead, at least not so much that I feel safe in making assumptions. :)

Awesome post. I haven't read the comics but am always curious to hear where the show strayed. You did a great job of relaying some differences without giving away future plot points. Thanks.

The current storyline in the comics is SUPER intense. And frankly, I'm really curious how they are going to go down this road in the show. It'll be expensive if they do it. The issue I just read (#124) is leaving me hanging. I need the next issue (and the one after that) to come out... like right now. :cry:

Sounds like Carol to me. She's not second in command at this point, but that could easily change in the future. Her character development has been great.