Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question...does it seem ironic that Buffalo signs a QB who played for the week's opponent's head coach a few years ago? Could that be part of the reason, NE does it all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills did too.

Question...does it seem ironic that Buffalo signs a QB who played for the week's opponent's head coach a few years ago? Could that be part of the reason, NE does it all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills did too.

Considering that the Flynn visit was scheduled ahead of Thad's injury occurring, that is a real possibility.

This is a weird move to me, makes me wonder if theres something up behind the scenes and someone is more injured then they are letting on about.

I don't think Flynn was signed just to gain intel on the Dolphins head coach, they haven't been on the same team in years, and the Dolphins have him as a HC not a co-ordinator

Because they had this workout scheduled pre-Bengals game, it doesn't appear to be that this move was made to fill in for Lewis since hes hurt, looks more like they want some more experience at QB moving forward just in case. I would assume they are going to try and get Tuel onto the PS now that its at a point in the season where he didn't look good in an actual game, and teams already have the PS's full.

Unless of course they see Thad as a better option as a development/backup QB then Tuel and they will release him completely when Manuels back and Lewis becomes their developmental QB/future backup.

Still seems weird seeing how Thad played a good game and at times looked just as good or better then EJ out there, and they go ahead and sign someone else that they say could end up starting, while having just signed another guy to their PS last week.

This is a weird move to me, makes me wonder if theres something up behind the scenes and someone is more injured then they are letting on about.

I don't think Flynn was signed just to gain intel on the Dolphins head coach, they haven't been on the same team in years, and the Dolphins have him as a HC not a co-ordinator

Because they had this workout scheduled pre-Bengals game, it doesn't appear to be that this move was made to fill in for Lewis since hes hurt, looks more like they want some more experience at QB moving forward just in case. I would assume they are going to try and get Tuel onto the PS now that its at a point in the season where he didn't look good in an actual game, and teams already have the PS's full.

Unless of course they see Thad as a better option as a development/backup QB then Tuel and they will release him completely when Manuels back and Lewis becomes their developmental QB/future backup.

Still seems weird seeing how Thad played a good game and at times looked just as good or better then EJ out there, and they go ahead and sign someone else that they say could end up starting, while having just signed another guy to their PS last week.

That may not be the sole reason, but coach's offensive strategies/schemes don't change much when they move teams and Flynn may be able to provide insight into what they are seeing on film. No he isn't the OC in Miami but in many cases the OC is incorporating whatever offense the HC wants if the HC is an "offensive" coach.

how long is Flynns deal? That will really bring clarity to things. If its a 3 year deal, they have to see this guy as e.j.s true backup. if its a one year deal, i see it as a bandaid intel type thing. i think this much is clear, they dont wanna see tuel anywhere near the football field this year.

Another reject qb. We gotta love our bills!!!

Even when they think they dont suck, they still suck. They suck they suck they suck. All day long all they do is suck and suck and suck. Then when they get tired of sucking, they begin to suck even more. That's how much the bills suck. They love to suck. Ralph sucks all day and night.

Another reject qb. We gotta love our bills!!!

Even when they think they dont suck, they still suck. They suck they suck they suck. All day long all they do is suck and suck and suck. Then when they get tired of sucking, they begin to suck even more. That's how much the bills suck. They love to suck. Ralph sucks all day and night.

This just in: Matt Flynn is the THIRD string QB. Ever heard of Valium?

This just in: Matt Flynn is the THIRD string QB. Ever heard of Valium?

This just in. Kevin Kolb sucks and we brought him in to compete vs EJ.

This just in Matt Lienart sucks and we brought him in.

This just in Matt Flynn sucks. (Well maybe not just in. This is old info)

This just in. Dont care if flynn is 2,3,4 or 8th qb on the team. I dont want his rejected ass on the team.

This just in. Tired of typing this just in.

Another stupid money move. Pay the guy (Flynn) like $8.75-12.63 per hour if he plays and nothing if he rides the bench.

This just in. Dont care if flynn is 2,3,4 or 8th qb on the team. I dont want his rejected ass on the team.

Another stupid money move. Pay the guy (Flynn) like $8.75-12.63 per hour if he plays and nothing if he rides the bench.

Tuel is the only fully healthy QB on the team and you think it's stupid the Bills are bringing in an experienced backup?

Bringing in Flynn on a year deal is a good move. Manuel is out for a while. And if Thad were to get injured, Tuel would have been in the game. Flynn would probably give the team a better chance to win than Tuel. The coach already stated that he views Tuel as a practice squad/developmental QB this year.

Bringing in Flynn on a year deal is a good move. Manuel is out for a while. And if Thad were to get injured, Tuel would have been in the game. Flynn would probably give the team a better chance to win than Tuel. The coach already stated that he views Tuel as a practice squad/developmental QB this year.

That's fine, but in that case why is Tuel taking up a spot on the 53 that could be more productively occupied by, oh, I dunno, a better backup LG or something?

I guess I am not understanding the hand-wringing of folks who are complaining about this move.I think the Cleveland game was an eye-opener about the dangers of having an inexperienced backup QB. Manuel is going to be out for at least another few weeks. So without the signing of Flynn, the only healthy QBs on the roster were Lewis (a guy just elevated from the practice squad) and Tuel (a guy who would have been on the practice squad himself if the Bills were not worried about losing him).

There were not many options out there in terms of quality veteran QBs. The Bills took a shot at Josh Freeman, and he elected to sign with the Vikings. They took a long look at Pat White. When it was all said and done, they decided to bring in Matt Flynn, who has been a career backup in Green Bay then Seattle then Oakland -- and now Buffalo. When asked to fill-in, he has mostly done a good job.

We will see what happens when EJ gets healthy. Thad has certainly played well enough to maintain the primary backup job. Would the Bills release Flynn at that point -- or move Tuel to the practice squad?