QB Thad Lewis injury discussion

Breakdance

instead, shouldn't we make one of all the other starting QBs we play against for the rest of the season?

You see, you are thinking too linearly. We need to shake up this franchise, really get things moving in a new direction. Never get there by doing the obvious.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

instead, shouldn't we make one of all the other starting QBs we play against for the rest of the season?

I'd rather just straight-up beat the begeesus out of them and handle Tuel from a distance.

Are you texting and driving again? :flirt:

At what point do quarterbacks learn to 1) throw it away and not take a sack, and 2) not try to do too much by running with the ball? Why aren't the coaches finding "teachable moments" during the games or while watching film to impress upon these young QBs that they can hurt field position, fumble, or hurt themselves by trying to do too much?

These are not really "teachable moments". Experience is the only real teacher. It's one thing for the coaches to tell them to throw it away or not try to do too much by running. It's another thing for them to do that correctly every single time during the course of a game. Very few QB's get to that elite level. The most successful (in terms of Superbowls) QB to develop these two skillsets to the highest level was Steve Young, and he sat on the bench behind Joe Montana for quite a while. Aaron Rodgers can run, but uses it rarely and he sat behind Brett Favre for quite a while. In this era, first round draft pick QB's don't have that luxury.

I'd rather just straight-up beat the begeesus out of them and handle Tuel from a distance.

Are you texting and driving again? :flirt:

i was definitely at home on my couch when I sent that.

With EJ as the starter and Thaddeus as his backup, the future is looking brighter.

dont you mean Lewis as the starter and EJ the backup? ;-)

I'm worried that his foot sprain will be more of an issue (even though Thad downplayed it). If he plays vs. Miami, his mechanics could be screwed up and his lack of mobility could cost him. Hopefully he's a quick healer,

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: Thad Lewis X-rays and MRI were negative. Day to day. "I feel good about him being able to play Sunday"

@buffalobills

Marrone: Thad Lewis will start if healthy, Flynn the backup if he learns #Bills system. Confidence in Tuel as starter or reserve if needed.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

Marrone: Thad Lewis will start if healthy, Flynn the backup if he learns #Bills system. Confidence in Tuel as starter or reserve if needed.

Huh? Exactly how does this translate into confidence in Tuel as starter or reserve if needed? Seriously, with all the QB scrambling that's been going on, this poor guy's confidence is likely shattered.

Huh? Exactly how does this translate into confidence in Tuel as starter or reserve if needed? Seriously, with all the QB scrambling that's been going on, this poor guy's confidence is likely shattered.

Marrone has to say something in support of Tuel in the event that they ever need him to play even though he's clearly not ready for NFL duty.