Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

That's not even what I said, and I'm not going to rehash it here. I already went through this with the retards over at the toilet bowl of a website known as BBMB. I'll put it as simply as I can and it's the last I'll say on the matter. Every player drafted costs the team drafting him a pick. If we'd drafted Watkins at 9 he would have cost 1 first round pick. The fact that we spent an additional 1st round pick (& 4th) to move up to draft him means that we now have 2 first round picks (and a 4th) invested in Watkins. It's an indisputable fact. That it's even debated helps me understand how a guy peddling Obamanomics can find himself in the White House.

:lol: :lol: :beer:

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't cost two first round picks. We swapped first round picks (4 for 9) and gave one away. That's only giving up one pick.

Math is hard.

Would be true if Bills didn't give away two picks.

Well, I'm optimistic that some poster will make a "The Bills method of winning is unsustainable" thread, everyone will call him a moron, and he'll be vindicated by season's end. Really, it's amazing, and it happens every year.

Edited by FireChan

This team and their philosophy reminds me a lot of the year roethlisberger wasva rookie and went to super bowl. They relied very heavily on th run and had ben do just enough to keep the D Honest. I think that isb the general strategy this year and in today's NFL I hope it works.

The bills might develop their identity as a run focused tean and if 80% of defenses they play are geared to stopping high powered qbs and spread offenses maybe they can get some favorable matchups along the way being the oddball team no one is focused on stopping their attack.

Well, I'm optimistic that some poster will make a "The Bills method of winning is unsustainable" thread, everyone will call him a moron, and he'll be vindicated by season's end. Really, it's amazing, and it happens every year.

I put together a little list of early season Cassandras

Dave McBride - commenting early in one of Bills early win streaks that they cannot run the ball and that would hurt them down the road - check

Holcomb's Arm - winning by turnovers is unsustainable - check

Fergy - Other teams' preseason games showed how to render Bills all star DL worthless - check

Microscopes - EJ is mediocre and checks down too soon - check

Did I miss any others?

I stand by my 6-10 prediction. It's just one game, and in disappointing me for 14 seasons, this team has never disappointed me.

Except that they have.

You know what I mean. Shut up!

Same here. They got me in 2008 and again in 2011. 2014: Won't get fooled again!

I put together a little list of early season Cassandras

Dave McBride - commenting early in one of Bills early win streaks that they cannot run the ball and that would hurt them down the road - check

Holcomb's Arm - winning by turnovers is unsustainable - check

Fergy - Other teams' preseason games showed how to render Bills all star DL worthless - check

Microscopes - EJ is mediocre and checks down too soon - check

Did I miss any others?

Holcomb's Arm shouldn't count, because he is one dumb !@#$ing monkey.