Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

At least 8-8. I agreed with Rodak's take on the outlook based on the games. He had a realistic Jauron 7-9 finish after starting 7-5. But Chicago was penned as a loss. Wi that in hand and some more confidence, 9-7 is not out of the question

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game at a time. The next game, home against the corpse-raping mammals, is winnable but it won't be easy. Get this win Sunday and then the Bolts come to town next. There's a great chance to get on a nice roll.

Exactly. One game at a time and we'll win the Superbowl :P

My post in the one of many inevitably closed EJ threads after the game got deleted.

So, thank God for this thread:

EJ HATERS!

BLOW IT OUR YOUR ASS! :lol:

Also, to the short little d-bag that sat in front of me at the Bucs game? You may know Class C JV football, but you clearly don't know NFL football, because, as I told you at the time: we ran NONE of the plays we ran last Sunday, at the Bucs game.

For the last time: Preseason is about putting competing players into as much of the same situation as possible and seeing which one is better. That's why we run the same, vanilla plays, over and over. It is literally counterindicative of the Bills playbook, coordinator, or coaching ability.

If you really think about it: this is the most logical approach. Especially when the opponent knows what's coming. Can the player in question beat the man on the opposite side of the ball, and impose his will despite that opponent knowing what's coming, or can't he? Did the guy he is competing against get the same assignment done, or not?

One of these years, the clowns in our fan base may eventually learn what preseason is all about. But, I doubt it. There's a certain segment of the Bills fan base that loves losing....so they can use that as an outlet. If the Bills are worse than they are personally, that's comforting. They have somebody/something else to say "well at least I'm not as bad as them" about.

When the Bills win, they have no security blanket, and now face the prospect of attending only to themselves/their bad choices, and awful life as a result of them....at least for a week.

Holcomb's Arm shouldn't count, because he is one dumb !@#$ing monkey.

Oh how I miss his pleading with me to come defend him during the famous 3.5 thread. :lol:

I actually did throw him one post. It's no fun to kick someone when they are down. It's more fun to knock them down in the first place.

Speaking of Cassandras.....how did that Iraq War Surge turn out? How about Global Warming? How about Obamacare? How about Apple/Google "fixing" Obamacare? :lol: My list is boundless. I've thought about making a database of "idiot posts to crush people with later"....but, I'm too lazy.

• 11 months later...

As the season is about to begin, it's a good time to bring this thread up again since it gives us the chance to poke fun at stuff on the Main Board without people on the Main Board calling their mommies and telling on us.

What made me think of it was this thread on TBD.

We spend so much time talking about the state of the world, the country, the economy, etc., and I think sometimes we're very alone because more people are like that poster and seem to have other priorities.

I don't know how many other people on here play Madden, but is anyone else upset about the way they handled the Bills? I think the player ratings are rather ridiculous, especially the speed ratings. Watkins has a 93 speed, and Shady, Percy Harvin and Leodis McKelvin all have speed in the 80s! Everyone's talking about how the Bills can field one of the fastest offenses in the league, yet Madden makes them incredibly slow. They also have Marqueis Grey listed as a FB, and a bad one at that. If you put him over at TE, he gets worse. Andre Davis, one of the stars of training camp, isn't even on the team. Jerry Hughes is listed as 81 overall, Mario Williams is only in the high 80s. And of course, they don't give you any 4-3 packages so that you can play four man fronts with Hughes, Williams, Williams, and Dareus, so Kyle Williams becomes a rotational player, and Hughes is a 3-4 RE. You'd have to go in and mess with the depth chart, playing people "out of position" in order to get your best guys on the field.

I just think Madden just really screwed over the Bills. Hopefully we get some updates for them to fix this BS soon.