Does POTUS Really Think We Are This Stupid?

The president's latest pronouncement to Boehner is that he is ready to negotiate after the government shutdown is ended and the debt ceiling is raised. So, the message is after I get what I want, I'll negotiate with you for even more?

No wonder the populace is pissed.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissed...but who are they pissed at?

Whatever you do, don't ask the guys around here. The DC establishment man! LA is ready to commit hari kari while jerking off to Fabio!

My bad... I really shouldn't kick these guys when they are down and out whilst Tom's not around. Last time that happened we went to war in Iraq!

Don't deal with hostage takers.

I caught you Buf! :-P :-P

No one in government holds all the cards and compromise is one of the number one tenets of a good manager/leader.

Compromise is an unshakable reality in any negotiation. Obama is not going to budge on the ACA. I happen to agree with him on that position... but where he is failing here is not giving the Conservatives anything here, and that is not how it works... he has to give up something, it doesn't have to be healthcare related, but you have to negotiate in good faith as far as I am concerned.

Compromise is an unshakable reality in any negotiation. Obama is not going to budge on the ACA. I happen to agree with him on that position... but where he is failing here is not giving the Conservatives anything here, and that is not how it works... he has to give up something, it doesn't have to be healthcare related, but you have to negotiate in good faith as far as I am concerned.

The Republicans keep moving the basket. They need to grow up and deal with the reality of their situation.

Right...he's a ****ty leader. We knew that.

The Republicans keep moving the basket. They need to grow up and deal with the reality of their situation.

He needs to throw the R's a bone so they can come out of this with a participation trophy, its really all the realitic and practical Republicans want at this point... they have to come away with something, they know it eve if its trvial, and Obama knows it as well....

Obama has already compromised himself to death with these folks...why we have a ****ty ACA bill...a bow to big business. They have tried to reapeal it 40 million times...to no avail...they challanged it in the Supreme court...strike two...so now they want to change the reasons for their shutdown.

The term "negotiate in good faith" is pretty meaningless unless the notion comes from both sides.

Edited by Buftex

Obama has already compromised himself to death with these folks...why we have a ****ty ACA bill...a bow to big business. They have tried to reapeal it 40 million times...to no avail...they challanged it in the Supreme court...strike two...so now they want to change the reasons for their shutdown.

So Obama gives them something unrealted while protecting his crowning domestic achievement... what is so bad about that, he has already won for all intents and puposes, now he needs to end it... let the voters decide if what the GOP gets was worth all the fighting and the Goevrnmnent shut down...

Also, what did anyone expect with the ACA? did we really think we would shutter a multi-billion $ insurance industry? And by the way, not one R voted on the ACA... if you want to discuss compromise with big business, lets discuss the part line vote for it, and why they killed the PO and didn't take the Bill further... blame Nancy of all people.... Supermajority Democrats delivered the ACA, any problems with it is with Democrats.

Edited by B-Large

Obama has already compromised himself to death with these folks...why we have a ****ty ACA bill...a bow to big business.

'

What in the holy phuck are you talking about? At what point did any conservative or Republican vote for ACA in exchange for a bow to big business? Have you gone batschitt Pelosi or what?

The term "negotiate in good faith" is pretty meaningless unless the notion comes from both sides.

Sorry, but I really don't know how you came to that conclusion. Pelosi completely shut out the Republicans as did Reid. The bill was totally written by the Dems and NO Republican positions were accommodated whatsoever. The reason we have a ****ty ACA bill is that it's a cluster of every leftist wet dream from the past thirty years.

The other thing that can't be avoided is that every Congress is independent. No Congress is required to follow the wishes of a previous one. The last Congress passed this abortion by ramrodding it down the oppositions throat with zero compromise and a swindle filled bag of unjustifiable back door deals and arm twisting that would make Al Capone and the Kremlin blush with pride

'

What in the holy phuck are you talking about? At what point did any conservative or Republican vote for ACA in exchange for a bow to big business? Have you gone batschitt Pelosi or what?

Redundant.

Elections have consequences and the House is controlled by Republicans. The Republicans are sick and tired of trillion dollar deficits and are trying to do something about it. They also know that this abortion of a health insurance bill is hurting the economy thus reducing tax revenue. Obama is a charlatan and one mean SOB who is making this partial shutdown as difficult as it can be. For crying out loud, the dipschit manned a previously unmanned war memorial in order to prevent 90 year old men from visiting it. He kicked people out of their house of 43 years because it was on federal land. Closed many privately owned businesses for no good reason. He's trying to prevent charter fishermen from using the ocean. This is what we get for hiring a Chicago gangster to run the executive branch of government.

Sorry, but I really don't know how you came to that conclusion. Pelosi completely shut out the Republicans as did Reid. The bill was totally written by the Dems and NO Republican positions were accommodated whatsoever. The reason we have a ****ty ACA bill is that it's a cluster of every leftist wet dream from the past thirty years.

The other thing that can't be avoided is that every Congress is independent. No Congress is required to follow the wishes of a previous one. The last Congress passed this abortion by ramrodding it down the oppositions throat with zero compromise and a swindle filled bag of unjustifiable back door deals and arm twisting that would make Al Capone and the Kremlin blush with pride

I assume it's ****ty to him because it's not a single payer system.

Who in all of this is supposed to get the negotiating ball rolling?