Why wasn't Lewis EJ's backup?

gjv001

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a year or two. He looked awful on Thursday. Makes me wonder why we didn't just draft Nassib in the round that he was drafted in.

Nassib sucks too and they know better than anyone what they could get out of him. Plus, Tuel wasn't even drafted IIRC. Lewis was brought in right before the reg season and Tuel had more practice time to ne the backup. Clearly they felt Kolb would be there, and then his injury happened. If Lewis had a little more time, he probably would have been the backup.They also tried out Leinart and felt he was worse. Not totally upset at the FO.

Maybe a year or two. He looked awful on Thursday. Makes me wonder why we didn't just draft Nassib in the round that he was drafted in.

His own college coach passed on him 4 times! That should tell you something about what Marrone thinks about Nassib.

Again, Lewis was here for a week. Tuel has been here since he signed. You can't go into the regular season with a backup who has a week of practice under his belt.

At this point, Lewis > Tuel. The only advantage Tuel had was being familiar with playbook. That advantage is gone.

Stop this insanity. Nassib is horrible, awful, pathetic. Did people watch his preseason games? Tuel is Montana compared to Nassib.

What am I missing? Would you not have the player you feel gives you the best chance to win as your back up and not on the Taxi Squad.

Because Prior to the Cleveland game they thought Tuel gave the the best chance to win.

The world is filled with dynamic situations.

You don't make a decision in September and then sit on the decision for the rest of eternity.

Things change with new information. Thad Lewis can slip on matt and they can sign Joe Montana tomorrow. Then Joe Montona will start. This will have nothing to do with the decision that was made in September.

[/thread]

Because Prior to the Cleveland game they thought Tuel gave the the best chance to win.

The world is filled with dynamic situations.

You don't make a decision in September and then sit on the decision for the rest of eternity.

Things change with new information. Thad Lewis can slip on matt and they can sign Joe Montana tomorrow. Then Joe Montona will start. This will have nothing to do with the decision that was made in September.

[/thread]

The fact that they thought Tuel gave them any chance to win is disturbing.

What am I missing? Would you not have the player you feel gives you the best chance to win as your back up and not on the Taxi Squad.

HELLO !!! WOW this crew seems to have less of a clue in some respects than Chan did . At least if Chan chose a QB he stuck with them to not screw them up !

If i was Tuel i would be asking for a trade , these guys were so high on him this preseason giving him praise at every turn but they throw him into a game on a short week with little if no reps & expect miracles just like all of the fans i don't get it .

HELLO !!! WOW this crew seems to have less of a clue in some respects than Chan did . At least if Chan chose a QB he stuck with them to not screw them up !

If i was Tuel i would be asking for a trade , these guys were so high on him this preseason giving him praise at every turn but they throw him into a game on a short week with little if no reps & expect miracles just like all of the fans i don't get it .

Haha. In what world does Tuel have cred to ask for a trade and what would any team possibly give him?

Tuel was a developmental QB who is only a backup because Kolb's brain got rattled and there was no one else to go with.

Fact, most every team in this league is screwed if there starter gets hurt. Especially in the middle of the game. How many good backup QBs are there in the league?

The "fact" that you and the Bills consider/ed Tuel to be good enough to be an NFL backup is disturbing.

His own college coach passed on him 4 times! That should tell you something about what Marrone thinks about Nassib.

Again, Lewis was here for a week. Tuel has been here since he signed. You can't go into the regular season with a backup who has a week of practice under his belt.

At this point, Lewis > Tuel. The only advantage Tuel had was being familiar with playbook. That advantage is gone.

That is simply silly. Once Marrone drafted a QB in the 1st round, why would he draft another one in the next three rounds, when he had SO MANY holes to fill. If Nassib was available in Rd7, I could have seen Marrone take a flier on him. However, it still would have caused a QB controversy. The Bills did the right thing in not picking Naasib once they picked Manuel instead of him.

The "fact" that you and the Bills consider/ed Tuel to be good enough to be an NFL backup is disturbing.

Yeah, you're on a crusade. Good luck with that. I never once said Tuel was a good enough backup. The point you missed is the Bills, like most teams, are screwed if their backup QB gets hurt.

Name me some backup QBs you want starting for a month. And then name some who were available after Kolb got hurt.

I guess the pre-season play gave them the confidence. Again, evaluating Tuel based on his 4th QTR outing against a charged up Cleveland is simply incorrect.

Yeah, you're on a crusade. Good luck with that. I never once said Tuel was a good enough backup. The point you missed is the Bills, like most teams, are screwed if their backup QB gets hurt.

Name me some backup QBs you want starting for a month. And then name some who were available after Kolb got hurt.

I'm not the one missing the point here.

The Bills stupidly put themselves in this position well before the season started and are now paying the price.

Tuel isn't the problem, he's the symptom.

I'm not the one missing the point here.

The Bills stupidly put themselves in this position well before the season started and are now paying the price.

Tuel isn't the problem, he's the symptom.

Why do you keep dodging the question? It's easy to complain. Kolb was going to be the backup. He got hurt. Who was available that you wanted the Bills to sign? Or did you want them to give up a draft pick for a backup?

If Aaron Rodgers goes down, the Pack are screwed. Same with the Ravens. Same with the Saints. Etc, etc.