TJ Graham Showing Signs of Life

Signs of life?! Unbelievable. A receiver who can't catch catches one ball in a game where he dropped a perfectly thrown deep ball, is now being given props.

The single lowest graded receiver in the entire league last year. A fumbling machine in college. A speedster who can't separate from a defender. Sounds like a keeper.

not in Buffalo.

Teams like NE give guys 2-3 years. And they're worse then we are drafting. Pittsburgh invests a ton of time in to players. A lot of teams do. We have with Troup and he is finally getting on the field. He has the markings of a rotational 8-9 yr journeyman. Graham has speed, athleticism and smarts. He needs time and he needs opportunity. We can give him time. He will have to wait for the opportunity.

The Bills cut Troup.

WR's take years to develop. You can write off a RB or a LB in a year or two. WR's and DT's take a long time. He deserves time. With Woods drawing more attention I think Graham's opportunities will increase over the course of the season.

Maybe back in the day of Eric Moulds when rookies didn't play. But these days, rookies play right away. And you find out right away. If he was great, or even good, we'd know already.

If he wasn't a 3rd rounder he'd be on someone's practice squad.

This.

He's raw. I think he's on a 3-4 year learning curve. After 3 or 4 years, if he hasn't developed, then I think you can write him off.

I agree with you on the raw and learning curve (if ever). It's reported that before Thurs. nite he had 4 catches off 12 targets. That's bad.

The problem is, the guys you draft in Rounds 1-3 should be guys who can contribute in their 1st year and become regular contributors by year 2.

A guy on a 3-4 yr learning curve (which I agree with you is where Graham is), by definition should not be a 3rd round pick.

Signs of life from TJ Graham?

:lol: x 100,000

I'm pretty sure that's rigor mortis! The ONE good catch the guy made isn't a catch at all if we were playing the Patriots. The damn thing hit the frickin ground! -The refs were incredibly generous in order to help ratings the next time these two teams square

The ball can hit the ground as long as he has control which he did so nice try with that.

As a track guy he needs to be a student of the game. His ball tracking, route running, and hands leave a lot to be desired. I will say however, he is a decent blocker for someone of his stature. He is still young so I won't judge yet but he has a ways to go.

How can anyone say TJ played well. Did you see that drop he had in the 4th quarter? That was terrible.

Oh, hi Conner. Been gone a while. Nice to see you come back and put it all on one play.

Blaming TJ for that is reasonable, he did drop it. But, it happens. He still has been getting better for a while.

I agree with you on the raw and learning curve (if ever). It's reported that before Thurs. nite he had 4 catches off 12 targets. That's bad.

The problem is, the guys you draft in Rounds 1-3 should be guys who can contribute in their 1st year and become regular contributors by year 2.

A guy on a 3-4 yr learning curve (which I agree with you is where Graham is), by definition should not be a 3rd round pick.

Agree completely. Nix blew it. Can't blame TJ for being taken 3 rounds too soon.