Powell Is Hurting Our Special Teams

Peace Frog

3rd and 18 against the Bills? Move the chains!

"Pettine's way" looks good on 3rd and shorts but gets converted on, on 3rd and longs... What does that really say about the D?

That being said, it's BECAUSE of the defense that we even won 2 games...

I'm so disappointed with this even being a close game. Offense is killing us...

"Pettine's way" looks good on 3rd and shorts but gets converted on, on 3rd and longs... What does that really say about the D?

That being said, it's BECAUSE of the defense that we even won 2 games...

I'm so disappointed with this even being a close game. Offense is killing us...

We were playing with two hurt RBs, without our top WR, and with our backup QB in his first game. That's hard for any team.

We were playing with two hurt RBs, without our top WR, and with our backup QB in his first game. That's hard for any team.

Yeah I'm sorry but that two hurt RB's comment is wrong... Were they dinged up? Sure... Did it stop Freddy from breaking a couple tackles? Did it slow CJ down on the 54 yard run? No...

The WR not being on the field was obviously the reason why the passing game got thrown off a bit and the crucial one was EJ going down and Tuel not being ready.

Weeden didn't even take a practice rep in 2 weeks according to the analysts after the game and was throwing the ball pretty decent once he shook the rust off...

Tuel on the other hand has been taking practice reps since minicamp and looked like Mark Sanchez on a bad day...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

There has to be a free agent punter out there that is better than Powell

I'm sure there's a decent soccer player out there that can be taught how to kick an American football... Preferably a goalie. They kick a round soccer ball from one goal to the other which is about 80 yards I believe. I'm sure he can kick a football at least 60 yards with major hang time...

Powell has to go. He is awful. Admit the mistake and move on. He is good for a shank a game.

Hopkins had better be ready to go next week or they should put him on IR. They are so thin on the offensive line and QB. That roster spot should be used for a third QB or a lineman.

That most of our secondary are injured perhaps?

Powell has to go. He is awful. Admit the mistake and move on. He is good for a shank a game.

Hopkins had better be ready to go next week or they should put him on IR. They are so thin on the offensive line and QB. That roster spot should be used for a third QB or a lineman.

I too have been puzzled by carrying two kickers. Makes no sense to me.

BTW, I have not ever been a fan of Powell, but his kick on the TD was pretty damn close to perfect. Long, right along the sideline...right where it was supposed to be I am guessing , just piss poor coverage.

I don't even know what to say. Powell sucks like a brand new cryo pump.

I have been saying this all year. Hes horrible, sometimes no hang time and when he tries to angle a punt out of bounds he puts us in bad spots. Last night I think he hit a 30 yard punt out of bounds from around our 25. And pinning the ball he cant do either. Such a huge liability !!!!

I don't even know what to say. Powell sucks like a brand new cryo pump.

Could not agree more. I said last week the way he kicks if he booms it he has no hangtime, the opponant is going to return a punt for a td. THe problem is if he does not boom it he shanks it. He has no in between punt. He sucks.

Shortsighted when they cut Stahovich. They didn't even give him the second preseason game against Minnesota to compete. He didn't have the leg, maybe 5 yards shorter than Powell, but he had good hang time and he understood how to kick directionally. Powell feels the need to boom the ball after a shank, the problem, the boom has 2.5 sec hang time. It's time to bring Moorman or Stahovich back!!

This guy has ZERO touch. I thought he was going to cost us the Ravens game and while he wasn't the sole reason that we lost to the Browns, he was one of the biggest reasons.