1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The underrated part of this whole Freeman idea is the fact that Schiano is a complete d-bag and could very well be the reason for Freeman's demise this season.

The problem is that if it isn't just Schiano, I don't want Freeman anywhere near my young, impressionable blue chip rookie QB.

It's not worth it, even for a couple extra wins.

The problem is that if it isn't just Schiano, I don't want Freeman anywhere near my young, impressionable blue chip rookie QB.

For whatever reason, I don't believe EJ would be fazed by the attitude of another player. But point taken.

Yahoo sports saying Freeman tweeting he enjoyed playing for OC of Raiders previously and he likes Raider Nation...seems like he wants to go there...

I realize, coming from a Bills fan, this may sound idiotic, but why (other than money) would any player want to go to Oakland, particularly if they are a QB? I realize, since Al Davis has passed, they are trying to change the culture there, but they seem as dysfunctional as ever. They seem to have no patience with QB's... it seems like Oakland has been a graveyard for vetran NFLers for years.

For whatever reason, I don't believe EJ would be fazed by the attitude of another player. But point taken.

I tend to think he wouldn't be either, he seems to have too much strength and character for that.

I'm just not interested in finding out we're wrong the hard way, and for the minimal upside of 2 extra wins in a building season.

I hear you Simon...But my gut tells me Schiano is a serious nut job...

I could be wrong though... B-)

I realize, coming from a Bills fan, this may sound idiotic, but why (other than money) would any player want to go to Oakland, particularly if they are a QB? I realize, since Al Davis has passed, they are trying to change the culture there, but they seem as dysfunctional as ever. They seem to have no patience with QB's... it seems like Oakland has been a graveyard for vetran NFLers for years.

Maybe he wants to play in the Bay Area, just sayin'....

You make it sound as if Manuel is a total dope. One of the reasons EJ's draft stock rose so highly, after NFL execs got to study him and meet him, was that he was extremely mature, confiden and exuded the qualities of "leadership" that they are looking for. You really think having a stop gap back-up to help, possibly, salvage a season is going to have that much of an impact on him?

And, we have yet to establish what the issues with Freeman are, other than he overslept for a team photo, takes riddilin, and had an ongoing bad relationship with his head coach...a guy who seems to have a lot of personality conflicts. He was considered one of the young up and coming stars in the league, until Schiano showed up.

You make it sound as if Manuel is a total dope. One of the reasons EJ's draft stock rose so highly, after NFL execs got to study him and meet him, was that he was extremely mature, confiden and exuded the qualities of "leadership" that they are looking for. You really think having a stop gap back-up to help, possibly, salvage a season is going to have that much of an impact on him?

And, we have yet to establish what the issues with Freeman are, other than he overslept for a team photo, takes riddilin, and had an ongoing bad relationship with his head coach...a guy who seems to have a lot of personality conflicts. He was considered one of the young up and coming stars in the league, until Schiano showed up.

Consider this (Alex Van Pelt):

Packers assistant raves about Josh Freeman: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/03/packers-assistant-raves-about-josh-freeman/

Consider this (Alex Van Pelt):

Packers assistant raves about Josh Freeman: http://profootballta...t-josh-freeman/

Good find...

I'm certainly not saying Freeman is the be-all, end-all...Or anything like that...But it seems to me Schiano is a HC that can REALLY rub some people the wrong way...I know when I've had personal issues with individuals at work it rarely gets better with time...Usually lines end up being drawn, and someone ends up leaving...Maybe Freeman was simply not a guy Schiano could manipulate with his style of coaching...It happens... B-)

You make it sound as if Manuel is a total dope.

I tend to think he wouldn't be either, he seems to have too much strength and character for that.

I'm not sure whether the trait of strength or the trait of character is associated with being a dope; I clearly have respect for Manuel as a person.

The Bills are going to sign a veteran to carry for the rest of the season. Whoever that guy is, he is going to be the only veteran QB on the roster. He is going to be in EJ's ear when they practice, when they're in the film room, during games, at meetings, in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. As the only veteran at his position on the team, he is going to serve as a role model for Manuel by default.

If it turns out that Freeman spends too much time in the clubs, or is a locker room lawyer, or spends too little time in the film room, or likes to submarine his coaches, or whatever, that IS going to have an influence on how Manuel views the role of an NFL QB.

Since I consider the upside of adding Freeman to this roster to be minimal at best, then even any minimal downside makes the acquisition questionable.

The Bills aren't going anywhere this year; if they have reliable reports that Freeman is a bonehead at all, then bringing him in here accomplishes nothing and is potentially a net negative.

If we were a more established team it would be worth wagering on its and buts. Like Simon points out it could be one way BUT it could be another...IF Freeman is a good backup or not is what the real debate is on the issue. The debate is the worth. Simply put:

Do we risk losing 3 games with _____ at QB or do we risk losing 3 games with Josh Freeman at QB. Are 3 games that much to worry about this year?

Since I consider the upside of adding Freeman to this roster to be minimal at best, then even any minimal downside makes the acquisition questionable.

The Bills aren't going anywhere this year; if they have reliable reports that Freeman is a bonehead at all, then bringing him in here accomplishes nothing and is potentially a net negative.

Respectfully disagree. Maybe Freeman doesn't come in and lead them to 4-0 record, but sticking with Tuel, or some scrub journeymen sends the absolute wrong message to guys who have been here a few years, who still have the desire to win..."we are changing the GM, changing the coach, ownership will have minimal involvement in day to day decisions...but, losing isn't so bad...just get used to it, its' what we do...close is good enough" Did you see the way that defense played on Thursday night? There is still a way to go, but that unit is ready to make a difference...but you send out a miserable offense week after week, the intensity drops...the malaise of losing sets in, again...this team has a small modicum of momentum, keep it rolling...that is changing the culture... again, unless there is some smoking gun out there, that shows Freeman is a bad guy, or a Dexter-like serial killer I just don't see the downside of signing a guy who was a starter in the NFL for 4 full seasons, and the first three weeks of this season. If he is a rotten guy, or is such a horrible influence on Manuel (I think you are being silly on that) the coaches can cut him as quickly as they signed him.

You guys are nuts. Freeman is not the answer to anything! The dude wear a feaux hawk for crying out loud. A feauxhawk! Live and die with the qbs we have this season. Give Tuel the reps and ride our running backs.

Good, solid football analysis.

Do we risk losing 3 games with _____ at QB or do we risk losing 3 games with Josh Freeman at QB. Are 3 games that much to worry about this year?

Part of changing the culture of losing, is to start winning...simply put. Tuel is a project, back-up QB at best.

Respectfully disagree. Maybe Freeman doesn't come in and lead them to 4-0 record, but sticking with Tuel, or some scrub journeymen sends the absolute wrong message to guys who have been here a few years, who still have the desire to win..."we are changing the GM, changing the coach, ownership will have minimal involvement in day to day decisions...but, losing isn't so bad...just get used to it, its' what we do...close is good enough" Did you see the way that defense played on Thursday night? There is still a way to go, but that unit is ready to make a difference...but you send out a miserable offense week after week, the intensity drops...the malaise of losing sets in, again...this team has a small modicum of momentum, keep it rolling...that is changing the culture... again, unless there is some smoking gun out there, that shows Freeman is a bad guy, or a Dexter-like serial killer I just don't see the downside of signing a guy who was a starter in the NFL for 4 full seasons, and the first three weeks of this season. If he is a rotten guy, or is such a horrible influence on Manuel (I think you are being silly on that) the coaches can cut him as quickly as they signed him.

Good, solid football analysis.

Part of changing the culture of losing, is to start winning...simply put. Tuel is a project, back-up QB at best.

that's why I do not use Tuel. I am sure we would lose at least 3games to come.

____ or Freeman. Its not a fun position

I'm not sure whether the trait of strength or the trait of character is associated with being a dope; I clearly have respect for Manuel as a person.

The Bills are going to sign a veteran to carry for the rest of the season. Whoever that guy is, he is going to be the only veteran QB on the roster. He is going to be in EJ's ear when they practice, when they're in the film room, during games, at meetings, in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. As the only veteran at his position on the team, he is going to serve as a role model for Manuel by default.

If it turns out that Freeman spends too much time in the clubs, or is a locker room lawyer, or spends too little time in the film room, or likes to submarine his coaches, or whatever, that IS going to have an influence on how Manuel views the role of an NFL QB.

Where are you getting the idea that Freeman will do any of those things you referenced? That sounds like blind speculation. Frankly it sounds a little unfair. If you have some evidence of this, you should definitely share it.

The way I see it is that either the Bills sign Freeman or they punt their season away five weeks into it. He's the only available QB capable of helping them win games. Every other option is absolutely terrible.

This is my viewpoint as well.

But at least Powell isn't the guy doing the punting amirite???

Edited by Big C