Fish vs. Saints - MNF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up Tannehill's stats, they don't jump off the paper. Watch him play, and he doesn't separate himself from EJ. All this hype I've been hearing must be a byproduct of the large media market he plays in. I think Tannehill is in the middle of the pack of NFL starters. No way this guy is in the top 10 of NFL QBs, and nothing in his first 19-1/2 games so far have shown me he is going to make a quantum leap forward. The guy was a rather old, 24 year old rookie last year. Now 25 years old its time for him to show us what he's got.

Look up Tannehill's stats, they don't jump off the paper. Watch him play, and he doesn't separate himself from EJ. All this hype I've been hearing must be a byproduct of the large media market he plays in. I think Tannehill is in the middle of the pack of NFL starters. No way this guy is in the top 10 of NFL QBs, and nothing in his first 19-1/2 games so far have shown me he is going to make a quantum leap forward. The guy was a rather old, 24 year old rookie last year. Now 25 years old its time for him to show us what he's got.

Kind of how I feel about him. He's good. He deserves to be a starter, but I'm never blown away by him. He will be a top 15 QB in his career, but I doubt much higher than that

Kind of how I feel about him. He's good. He deserves to be a starter, but I'm never blown away by him. He will be a top 15 QB in his career, but I doubt much higher than that

If this game is in Miami its a much closer game, that said I still think Brees has exposed the Dolphins. I think the formula is to spread them out, as they are built to dominate against the run. The Saints are a perfect matchup in that their passing game like New England's is an extension of the running game with big physical receivers and short to intermediate depth throws, built on timing, screens, picks, and exposing tendencies of the opposing defense.

I can't tell if Miami's front four is that good or the Saint's OL that bad, but it's been a mismatch so far.

p.s. Nice hands Wallace. What a great throw.

Saints tackles are bad- the scheme is based on a strong interior, stepping up in the pocket and getting it out quick. With big contracts at guard and bad tackles you will see brees climb the pocket a lot. If dareus and Williams can collapse it inside, the saints struggle a lot with any edge rush,

see what the saints are doing with sproles? why can't we do the same thing with spiller?

Because they can drive you crazy with inconsistent RB play too. See reggie bush's entire tenure in New Orleans (including marrone as OC). As much as I love the scheming it seemed to be boom or bust for bush who I think is a lot like spiller. You'd see a monster game and then 2 weeks of nothing.

Similarly I think Pierre Thomas and Freddy have a lot in common. For better or worse, I think the backfields will have a lot in common

It is very difficult to win in the Superdome - not at all surprised Miami lost that one. They had no answer for Graham and although I think Tannehill is decent and their defense is OK, CAmeron Wake was out which hurt them. He has been their best defensive player. Wallace is hot and cold, don't think he was worth all the $ but he still scares me when we play them unless our secondary is healthier by then. He is a lot like Santonio Holmes and we know howthat turned out. IMO, Miami's best WR is Hartline. Very dependable, sneaky fast, slot guy. I think the injury to the TE Dustin Keller in PS was a big hit to their offense, even though they had been able to compensate until last night. Also - I still don't get them letting the LT walk. Tann has been sacked 18 times this year already!

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Who the hell can cover Jimmy Graham? I think it's almost impossible.

purely physically speaking, you cant. hes too big, too fast, and surprisingly too physical - kid is tough as nails. ive seen him get up from hits that he had no business getting up from and he will go right back out and try to run over the guy that laid the hit... and often succeeds in doing so. all you can do is hope to not allow extra yards or that he and drew dont sync up when they take their shots.

hes still young in football years though, and my saints friends would kill me on this but... sometimes you see that show up. routes not quite as crisp, occasional mental lapses, etc... this year ive noticed a few times that his downfield blocking hasnt been as good as years past (doesnt seem to make the instinctual turn to where defenders are or to get ahead of the ball carrier as well as he has in the past - ive seen him spin 270 degrees to get back in front of a guy right next to him for instance).

Edited by NoSaint