Fish vs. Saints - MNF

purely physically speaking, you cant. hes too big, too fast, and surprisingly too physical - kid is tough as nails. ive seen him get up from hits that he had no business getting up from and he will go right back out and try to run over . all you can do is hope to not allow extra yards or that he and drew dont sync up when they take their shots.

hes still young in football years though, and my saints friends would kill me on this but... sometimes you see that show up. routes not quite as crisp, occasional mental lapses, etc... this year ive noticed a few times that his downfield blocking hasnt been as good as years past (doesnt seem to make the instinctual turn to where defenders are or to get ahead of the ball carrier as well as he has in the past - ive seen him spin 270 degrees to get back in front of a guy right next to him for instance.

Both he and Sproles are matchup nightmares and Payton can exploit that all day. But I can see how he is still a bit raw in some ways from a pure football perspective.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Both he and Sproles are matchup nightmares and Payton can exploit that all day. But I can see how he is still a bit raw in some ways from a pure football perspective.

well, he only had one year of college ball and none in high school so really the last couple years in new orleans is the extent of his football education. good spot to get schooled, but there are things that simply come with reps and experience. physically he tends to make up for it (and then some) but every now and again i have to remind myself how little hes played in his life.

and yup - those two are great players - sometimes the downfall of that offense is they get too keyed in to sproles and graham and try to force things to them, instead of opening it up to guys like colston, thomas, moore, stills, etc....

it doesnt seem to matter much if they get one dimensional with the pass, but when they dont distribute the ball around the field it does hurt their offense.

Edited by NoSaint