Kyle Williams did not practice...achilles

Big Turk

another achiles issue for him may spell the end for him. he keeps returning and looking ok but if it flares up immediately i dont know how many years they can stand by for the same type of injury. especially for a guy thats getting older.

IF and i use all caps IF for a reason, im not saying they should -- IF they parted ways next year what would the cap hit look like?

A lot of well established players take Wednesday practice off to recover/recharge/heal. Calvin Johnson also didn't practice today.

I think this is just the R part of RICE, or NICER, and not anything to be worried about.

If Kyle starts losing games again due to his achilles, then color me concerned.

A lot of well established players take Wednesday practice off to recover/recharge/heal. Calvin Johnson also didn't practice today.

I think this is just the R part of RICE, or NICER, and not anything to be worried about.

Yes you are very right. While he has had some injuries in the past, he is looking pretty stout so far this year and doesnt seemed to be slowed down by his achilles.

RICE actually leads to increasing the chance for reinjury...I used the HEM(hydrotherapy, exercise, message) method when I had a bad ankle sprain and was amazed at the how fast I healed...was walking normally and back at the gym lifting in 3 days when I should have still been on crutches according to my doctor...

A shame doctors and PTs still cling to the archaic RICE regimen when much better options exist...

Edited by matter2003

Some established players have even benefited from the extra rest

For sure, and I asked more as an academic curiosity should this head that direction, not cause I was planning on losing sleep tonight. It is concerning when it's sited as an issue that has ended his last two seasons though. The type of thing you'd almost prefer they don't report it as if it's simply rest

The injury doesn't phase me in the least. The Bills have no chance of making the playoffs either way. The purpose of this season is to try to figure out if EJ Manuel can be a legit QB in the NFL. Nobody knows the answer to that question after 3 games. We'll have a much better idea after 16 of them.

Edited by DDD

Wasn't only a year ago that the front four was supposed to be such an area of strength of the Bills Nix and his lackey Whaley are tools

I don't mean to start this, but it is Whaley who let the depth walk on this oline. The d line rotation is fine.