As bad as the offense was, this probably lost us the game.

PromoTheRobot

A total lack of QB pressure on Geno Smith. The guy had all day to throw. I'm more pissed at the lack of pass rush than anything. They were supposed to be a strength on this team.

PTR

I really thought Mario was going to get to him a bunch........he had all day back there...

A total lack of QB pressure on Geno Smith. The guy had all day to throw. I'm more pissed at the lack of pass rush than anything. They were supposed to be a strength on this team.

PTR

This pisses me off promo, he was giving up like 5 sacks a game. But vs us he had a lot of time. Why us????

PTR

Not much of a surprise when you probably know every blitz the other team is going to throw at you.

But what also hurt us were the injuries. The one time where I thought we really surprised him was when we blitzed a DB. When McKelvin went out, it was impossible for us to send any DB's, and leave Mr. Rogers and his friends even more exposed in the secondary.

I don't care what the stats are, the defense was good enough to win. The offense had the opportunities, but couldn't get into the endzone, so they had to kick for 3 repeatedly. The Alonso pick, and after the big FJ run were CRITICAL. They needed touchdowns there to control the game, and force Geno to make plays. They blew it.

To me it was glaring that the offense was letting the team down. This reminds me of the fights on this board that Fitz was good enough to win with a good defense.

I'm looking forward to the All-22 thread this week so the knowledgeable people on the board can analyze and then explain to me what exactly happened to our pass rush this week.

(I'm also looking forward to then regurgitating that information to my friends so that I can look brainy and knowledgeable :))

Edited by Dibs

The lack of creativity on offense with terrible play calling has been my biggest complaint through 3 games and I don't see that changing

Pretty much this. Our season practically rests in Hackett's hands and so far he's showing that he isn't an NFL caliber OC.

Edited by Bangarang

The lack of creativity on offense with terrible play calling has been my biggest complaint through 3 games and I don't see that changing

We don't know how limiting EJ is to this offense right now. Maybe the time he missed in camp has set him back further than we realize. I seriously doubt our offense is that bland because Hackett can't think of anything to do.

PTR

I don't care what the stats are, the defense was good enough to win. The offense had the opportunities, but couldn't get into the endzone, so they had to kick for 3 repeatedly. The Alonso pick, and after the big FJ run were CRITICAL. They needed touchdowns there to control the game, and force Geno to make plays. They blew it.

To me it was glaring that the offense was letting the team down. This reminds me of the fights on this board that Fitz was good enough to win with a good defense.

He made plenty of them

He made plenty of them

I didn't say he didn't, did I?

He wasn't FORCED to make plays, he was playing with a lead. That way the Jets can dictate the game to the Bills. If the Bills had scored touchdowns instead of kicking field goals, there is lots more pressure on the opposing QB.

Do you disagree?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

If the Bills had their true starting secondary, the Bills would have won the game.

As bad as the Jets D made the Bills O look, they still scored 20 points, and if Gilmore, McK, and Brooks were at corner, with Byrd and A-Will at strong safety where he belongs, the Jets would have been lucky to score 9 points at best.

I think the pass rush and the blitzing went out the window because the coverage was so bad, it wouldn't have been effective anyway.

what kills me is how everyone calls for cj to get the ball we force feed him the ball then theres a problem with the oc the fact is that we really need a true number 1 wr a true threat i love stevie and i love our team but we lack a wr who makes the defense worry about game breaking plays............. our wr core is very good and has alot to build on but we need that one guy who makes the other team nervous

If the Bills had their true starting secondary, the Bills would have won the game.

As bad as the Jets D made the Bills O look, they still scored 20 points, and if Gilmore, McK, and Brooks were at corner, with Byrd and A-Will at strong safety where he belongs, the Jets would have been lucky to score 9 points at best.

I think the pass rush and the blitzing went out the window because the coverage was so bad, it wouldn't have been effective anyway.

i agree losing leo killed us justin rogers has got to go i will take my chances with who ever is behind him but he obviously cant cut it and handicaps us ........... we need our secondary back asap to have any hope

Pretty much this. Our season practically rests in Hackett's hands and so far he's showing that he isn't an NFL caliber OC.

Yup. I'm no oc but when the heat comes on your quarterback don't ya run screens to slow it down. How out play actions, bootlegs?

No run spiller on a dive play twice then leave manuel back there in shotgun to get murdered. Good grief..

Yup. I'm no oc but when the heat comes on your quarterback don't ya run screens to slow it down. How out play actions, bootlegs?

No run spiller on a dive play twice then leave manuel back there in shotgun to get murdered. Good grief..

I agree. Right now Hackett appears to be in way over his head. But isn't this what you get when You hire a college coach who thinks he can bring in a college assistant who has no NFL experience?

I really thought Mario was going to get to him a bunch........he had all day back there...

Mario has exactly one sack in 8 games (half a season) against AFC East teams since he's been here. He suddenly came up gimpy after the game, and Marrone didn't even know he was hurt. He gets shut down yet again and his excuse will be he was hurt ....sounds just like last season.

On both of Geno's long TD throws there was a Bill defender in his face and he got knocked to the ground. He didn't panic under pressure and delivered an accurate pass.

I'll agree that he had time to throw most of the day though.