Colin Brown Sucks

NewEra

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the front office needs to be replaced. Playing hardball with Levitre and Byrd so that they could save a few million bucks - the result was what we saw on the field today. You add a Pro Bowl LG and FS to that roster and the outcome might've been different today. But don't tell that to eball.

Great points. And here the team sits $20M under the cap. Not only did they pass on Levitre, they also passed on a wealth of other teams free agents at positions of need. If they spend to the cap, they are 3-0 right now and on their way to turning around their culture of losing.

But but... then we'd only be $13 million under the salary cap instead of the $20 million we are now.

Com On Man...no buts about it.....those dollars are precious !!! The Bills have to save them so they can use them on this EJ guy they say is their star quarterback when his first contract is up in 3 years :doh:

Rogers is our 4th-5th string CB, starting and playing due to injury. Brown is our starting LG. He is the worst starter on our team, by far. He needs to be replaced. ASAP. He's that bad. Those can argue whatever they like.....they are wrong. He is a terrible #1 LG and its REALLY hurting our team.

Rogers is our 4th-5th string CB, starting and playing due to injury. Brown is our starting LG. He is the worst starter on our team, by far. He needs to be replaced. ASAP. He's that bad. Those can argue whatever they like.....they are wrong. He is a terrible #1 LG and its REALLY hurting our team.

My thoughts exactly.

Brown might be an OK backup center, but as a starting guard, he is below replacement level. Forget Levitre because he was gonna cost too much. They need to try Legursky, or anyone else. Brown was exposed -- and it's not like he has been any good to begin with.

Rogers was toast, but he should not be defending Santonio Holmes even if Holmes has the plague, the flu and a broken ankle.

Brown might be an OK backup center, but as a starting guard, he is below replacement level. Forget Levitre because he was gonna cost too much. They need to try Legursky, or anyone else. Brown was exposed -- and it's not like he has been any good to begin with.

Or they needed to anticipate Levitre's departure and actually draft a guard in 2012. Or even 2011. Instead of scrambling for other replacement-level players at the waiver deadline. Or instead of drafting two kickers, neither of whom have seen the field for the Bills.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Or they needed to anticipate Levitre's departure and actually draft a guard in 2012. Or even 2011. Instead of scrambling for other replacement-level players at the waiver deadline. Or instead of drafting two kickers, neither of whom have seen the field for the Bills.

Honestly, I think Legursky was the guy that they wanted to have there.

I don't necessarily disagree with your logic, but given that the first 4 picks seem decent (Goodwin's injury notwithstanding), you're talking about a R4 guard that is still probably going to have some issues. Duke Williams, Meeks and Gragg sure aren't doing much for us right now, though.

You're talking past tense. Time to move on.....we drafted a (hopefully) starting QB, WR and ILB with our first 3 picks. I'm happy with our draft. Now.....it's time to try and replace Brown. He's terrible. Try Young at LG. Try me and LG. anyone. Brown is not nfl material, regardless of how many yards we ran for vs Carolina. He hurts our team in the run game. He hurts our team in the pass game. He is atrocious. Just agree. If you don't, your either making excuses, lying, or blind.

Doug, look for other options. There has to be SOMEONE out there that can play Lg better than this Colin Brown guy.

You're talking past tense. Time to move on.....we drafted a (hopefully) starting QB, WR and ILB with our first 3 picks. I'm happy with our draft. Now.....it's time to try and replace Brown. He's terrible. Try Young at LG. Try me and LG. anyone. Brown is not nfl material, regardless of how many yards we ran for vs Carolina. He hurts our team in the run game. He hurts our team in the pass game. He is atrocious. Just agree. If you don't, your either making excuses, lying, or blind.

Doug, look for other options. There has to be SOMEONE out there that can play Lg better than this Colin Brown guy.

Hairston, maybe? Asper?

No point to sign Levitre (overpay) to a rebuilding team.

I agree that Levitre was way overpaid (good for him) by Tenny and that the Bills would not match that salary; but who in this &*^%##% orgnization made the decision that f&*%$# Colin the tunstile Brown was a quality starting NFL left guard ????? That has been and continues to be a problem with the GM and Pro personell men in identifing talent. Starting talent and back-up talent have sucked for over 13 years because this amateur organization has been rotting from the head down

Brown is a puzzling FO blunder. I watched him play over the past few preseasons and recalled thinking that he, snow, and young were camp fodder talents (not even worth a spot on the PS).

The FO rolled the dice that he suddenly would turn from horrible to a serviceable starter. Okay--I accept that. But when that experiment failed and the insurance policy (Legursky) failed early in camp, there was no attempt to upgrade the position. None. Even after week 1, why wouldn't you pick someone up?

Brown is a puzzling FO blunder. I watched him play over the past few preseasons and recalled thinking that he, snow, and young were camp fodder talents (not even worth a spot on the PS).

The FO rolled the dice that he suddenly would turn from horrible to a serviceable starter. Okay--I accept that. But when that experiment failed and the insurance policy (Legursky) failed early in camp, there was no attempt to upgrade the position. None. Even after week 1, why wouldn't you pick someone up?

Agreed. The time is now.... If they think they can make a playoff run. Brown is trailor park trash (no offense to anyone here) and needs to be banished to the bench or waiver wire

I agree that Levitre was way overpaid (good for him) by Tenny and that the Bills would not match that salary; but who in this &*^%##% orgnization made the decision that f&*%$# Colin the tunstile Brown was a quality starting NFL left guard ????? That has been and continues to be a problem with the GM and Pro personell men in identifing talent. Starting talent and back-up talent have sucked for over 13 years because this amateur organization has been rotting from the head down

The roster looks like an expansion team's roster. Talent is lacking in every unit on the team. Colin Brown and Justin Rogers are not NFL talented players. Rogers is just as bad at his position as Brown is at his. He can't cover anyone in the NFL. He was bad in the nickel last year, and is worse on the outside this year. That we went into a season w absolutely no depth at CB is deplorable. After Gilmore and McKelvin, who do we have that would be a CB corner on any other roster? We have an undrafted 5'7" rookie playing nickel corner. That just can't happen.

And what about TJ Graham. Why is he on the roster? He does not have a clue how to run a route. In 19 games he has not caught one deep pass. He has no business being on an NFL roster, let alone starting. The front office has so handicapped Marrone it is sickening. I think the Jauron/Levy teams had more talent than this group.

What on earth would the Browns do with a Pro Bowl safety coming off injury in a contract year?

LOL I am just blowing off steam. Only reason I said that is the Browns basically said their whole team is up for grabs & there is no way Byrd stays.

We really need to do something about the LG position...