EJ Manuel's Tattoos?

johnwalter

I wonder if there are any stolen SUVs parked in his uncle's garage?

Wasn't it rented and he must have forgot to return it? I know I do that a lot. ;)

While insightful, I think the OP is simply curious if he's covering them on purpose or just a coincidence. I didnt get the impression he had ill intent in asking as much as boredom/curiousity

Naw, he thinks EJ might be a banger. Not so much idle curiosity IMO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be just to protect them. From UV exposure, for one. Or just because when you play in the NFL its not hard to get cuts or brush burns from the playing surfaces which could then scar over the tattoo you paid good money for.

I think the sleeves help with tendons and stuff.

I'm basically a doctor.

Lol....yeah they hold his elbow tendons in place right? Like the ones basketball players wear?

Edited by JM57

I think he wants to be seen as a professional and project that to others.

Also a solid theory. Tattoos do unfortunately have a stigma attached to them for anybody. As an athlete it could be the difference between losing and gaining an endorsement. That's why Kevin Durant is brilliant. Not an inch of his tattoos show in his basketball jersey. But....http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kevin-Durant-SSC-TATS.jpg

Edited by JM57

Blue dress or white dress (assuming the white jersey)?

Blue dress with the white jersey

Also a solid theory. Tattoos do unfortunately have a stigma attached to them for anybody. As an athlete it could be the difference between losing and gaining an endorsement. That's why Kevin Durant is brilliant. Not an inch of his tattoos show in his basketball jersey. But....http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kevin-Durant-SSC-TATS.jpg

Do they still have that stigma? Maybe 7-10 years ago I might have agreed but it has become SO common that I rarely even notice anymore. I don't have any tattoos but it seems like everywhere you go these days people have them. I think that people used to think that only trashy people had them but that's definitely changed.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Blue dress with the white jersey

Do they still have that stigma? Maybe 7-10 years ago I might have agreed but it has become SO common that I rarely even notice anymore. I don't have any tattoos but it seems like everywhere you go these days people have them. I think that people used to think that only trashy people had them but that's definitely changed.

Trust me. It still exists. I have a degree to be a teacher and it was strongly encouraged that any tattoos were not visible when it came time to be in the classroom or even interviewing for a job. Not even accidentally through clothing. Like through the sleeves of a light fabric/ light colored dress shirt.

It is undeniable that tats evoke judgment.

Me I have never desired one, but could care less about others.

I would think less of someone having tattoos that are visible in many types of professional settings merely because its known that the judgment occurs and it's a personal form of exp<b></b>ression. When you're on the clock, it's not about you....

Of course there are some professions where tats are almost part of the uniform...

As for EJ- seems like it would be a good get to know you interview question.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Depends what you do for a living. Mechanic or Art Director? No problem. Lawyer or Salesman? You better keep them well covered.

Depends what you do for a living. Mechanic or Art Director? No problem. Lawyer or Salesman? You better keep them well covered.

Maybe it's regional as well. I work in a very white collar environment and lots of the people have them. Spending the last 6 years in the south may have made me more used to it. Doesn't matter to me either way as long as he produces.

I grew up in a Christian household and my parents always frowned on tattoos. I thought about getting one a few times throughout my life and I guess I've always decided not to out of respect to my parents. I do believe the strict translation of the Bible shows it's obviously something God doesn't want you to do. I'm not saying everyone has to believe that, but it's just a Christians perspective. In saying that I don't think it's the worst thing in the world but my sister got one of our grandmothers name on her forearm. I just think it was a bad decision because it looks to me ridiculous and I think at some point it will either limit certain things in her life. For example what kind of guy she will attract or not attract for that matter. I think it's something that can only bring negative attraction and almost never exclusively positive. I've never said to myself that person would look better with tattoos. Just my take.

I grew up in a Christian household and my parents always frowned on tattoos. I thought about getting one a few times throughout my life and I guess I've always decided not to out of respect to my parents. I do believe the strict translation of the Bible shows it's obviously something God doesn't want you to do. I'm not saying everyone has to believe that, but it's just a Christians perspective. In saying that I don't think it's the worst thing in the world but my sister got one of our grandmothers name on her forearm. I just think it was a bad decision because it looks to me ridiculous and I think at some point it will either limit certain things in her life. For example what kind of guy she will attract or not attract for that matter. I think it's something that can only bring negative attraction and almost never exclusively positive. I've never said to myself that person would look better with tattoos. Just my take.

Interesting.

In California more than one of every two people in the state are Mexican or of Mexican descent.

Most of these people are Catholics.

I work construction and I would estimate that at least half the guys I work with have tattoos. Many of the tattoos are of family members/loved ones and many tattoos are religious iconography/symbolism.

I would judge tattoos on the actual content and somewhat on their location.

As a rule I have absolutely nothing against tattoos.

My nephew has two tattoos. One is of his mother's surname written in the alphabet of her native Korea and the other is his father's surname written in his native Greek.

Obviously he's paying tribute to his family.

What's there not to like?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Interesting.

In California more than one of every two people in the state are Mexican or of Mexican descent.

Most of these people are Catholics.

I work construction and I would estimate that at least half the guys I work with have tattoos. Many of the tattoos are of family members/loved ones and many tattoos are religious iconography/symbolism.

I would judge tattoos on the actual content and somewhat on their location.

As a rule I have absolutely nothing against tattoos.

My nephew has two tattoos. One is of his mother's surname written in the alphabet of her native Korea and the other is his father's surname written in his native Greek.

Obviously he's paying tribute to his family.

What's there not to like?

I totally understand what you're saying. I'm not one of those Christians that hate on people for doing things that I don't believe in, so I'd like to start with that statement. But if you're a Catholic and you believe in the bible it doesn't really matter what you think as an individual you're supposed to try your best to please God with your life. On the surface it sounds nice to pay tribute to your family with a tattoo but if God says it's wrong then your wrong for doing it. Again this only applies to those that believe in the Bible. I don't think it's some kind of horrible thing that causes you to go to hell or anything crazy like that but in the matter of right or wrong, it's wrong according to God. I don't think my sister having a tattoo of my grandmothers name is actually doing anything to edify my grandmother, she's dead. I think my sister had real good intentions, but in reality she did it for herself. "I miss my Grandmother and I want everyone to see that on my arm". My grandmother left her legacy based on her actions while living, no tattoo is going to add to that.

Edited by Triple Threat