Eagles/Chiefs Observations

BillsZubaz

1. Chiefs defense is good

2. Jason Peters is KILLING the Eagles - false start, getting blown up on sacks. Basically what I remember

3.The announcers are just chomping at the but to praise the Eagles and Chip Kelly. They seriously sound disappointed when the Chiefs make a play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound cliche, but does this game say more about how good the Cheifs/Andy Reid are, or about how much the Eagles suck, again?

I love the fact that "air Andy" Reid has his team grind it out, kill tons of time on the clock, while Chip Kelly tries to run his fatally flawed offense, at all costs. I am really enjoying seeing Chip Kelly and his merry band of perennial underachievers stink it up. They have way too much offensive talent to be struggling like they are... bad coahcing, IMO! Even Andy Reid, despite his pass happy tendencies seems to realize, you play to the strengths of your talent, not make them do something they can't do.

I prefer to think of it as a commentary on the Eagles/Chip Kelly...neither of whom I can stand...if I could have all those minutes back from this past summer that I listened to/watched reports on the Eagles and Jets, I could have added a few weeks to my summer....

Edited by Buftex

Dwayne bowe hurt me this week and Alex Smith is not good for any wr in fantasy. What was I thinking!

The eagles are sorry on defense.

Coaches always beat their former team the next year. Players always lose to their teams the year after leaving.

This was an ugly game. It's hard to tell if the chiefs are good, the eagles or bad, or where in between the truth lies.

Chip Kelly is getting a wake up call. It's easy to win when your team is athletically more talented than anyone else. It's a different story when the playing field is leveled.

Is it to early to compare Kelly to spurrier?

Unbelievable. 3 weeks in and the Chiefs have surpassed last years win total. I had counted the Chiefs as an easy win on the schedule

Chiefs were awfully injury ravaged last season... they did have a fair amount of talent...but their QB sucked...I also wonder if they didn't get into that "playing not to win" thing that seems to be the trend as of late. I am not saying they would have won 10 games without the injuries, but the awful coaching of Romeo Crennel (sp?) led them to 8-8 the year before.

Chiefs were awfully injury ravaged last season... they did have a fair amount of talent...but their QB sucked...I also wonder if they didn't get into that "playing not to win" thing that seems to be the trend as of late. I am not saying they would have won 10 games without the injuries, but the awful coaching of Romeo Crennel (sp?) led them to 8-8 the year before.

Even with their surprising 3-0 start I still wouldn't be surprised if they finish 9-7 or 8-8....tho that 2-14 schedule will help..

Crennel only coached them three games that year, including that one game they beat the undefeated Packers. I think that earned him the gig. But yeah, talent-wise they were pretty good, just a bad QB and HC.

Dwayne bowe hurt me this week and Alex Smith is not good for any wr in fantasy. What was I thinking!

The eagles are sorry on defense.

Coaches always beat their former team the next year. Players always lose to their teams the year after leaving.

This was an ugly game. It's hard to tell if the chiefs are good, the eagles or bad, or where in between the truth lies.

Chip Kelly is getting a wake up call. It's easy to win when your team is athletically more talented than anyone else. It's a different story when the playing field is leveled.

Is it to early to compare Kelly to spurrier?

Actually, NFLN just put up a graphic that showed pretty much the opposite.

Anyone else not really that surprised? Nothing really new or revolutionary from Chip. Just faster football, with half the wins

Most NFL coordinators (except for Dave Wannstadt) adapt pretty quickly to any new gimmick thrown out there. When folks were crowing about Chip Kelly's amazing offense after one game I wondered what they would be saying in week 3.

PTR