Rogers signed to colts 53 man roster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Rogers may be the most overrated player in the history of sports. What is so special about his talent? There are a ton of guys who have talent that never amount to anything. To paraphase, "Potential means you haven't done (crap)."

James Hardy had talent. Charles Rogers had talent. A million guys have talent. It takes more than talent to make it in the NFL. IF he does make it, good for him. But I've never seen a player do so little get so much respect.

WRT your last sentence, You never heard of Tebow?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Despite the much proclaimed "fact" that he has so much talent, not a single team thought highly enough of him to even spend a 7th round pick on him.

i dont know if theres any debating that a guy that is 6'3, 220, can crack 4.5 in the forty and has a 40 inch vertical has upside. that doesnt mean he will ever get anything out of it, but those are RARE measurables, and he has used them in the past. physically, hes A LOT like julio jones and he produced similarly in the SEC. it does indeed speak volumes about where the nfl thinks his head is though.

Dont get the love affair with this guy..

1. No one was willing to take a 7th round flyer on him.

2. Showed little/nothing in preseason

3. Couldnt make the roster in Buffalo, but a guy dumped by 4 other teams could

4. Cleared wavers

5. Buffalo seemed to have no interest in signing him to their practice squad

It would be great to see the guy beat the odds and maybe he does. But, I am still confused why so many are convinced that the Bills screwed the pooch by not keeping him around

Dont get the love affair with this guy..

It would be great to see the guy beat the odds and maybe he does. But, I am still confused why so many are convinced that the Bills screwed the pooch by not keeping him around

i think im just about the only one thats posted anything favorable about him since the cut so im not sure that theres any consensus that the bills screwed the pooch or a love affair. hes a guy with baggage, but huge upside. the current verdict is hes unlikely to reach that potential, but its certainly there.

I wished at the time we had at least signed him to the PS. A physical specimen and worth taking a chance on. I would have kept him instead of Graham, who is awful and will never be an Adonis. Graham is one more guy on the scrap heap of burners that can't play WR. Big physical WR's are something we lack.

Has he played ANY offensive snaps yet? Has looked good on special teams.

Honestly I have no idea. I will admit I DO see him making tackles and being around the ball in special teams.

I just don't understand why he never either 1. Can prove he's good enough to get a couple snaps during the game 2. Talk to coach on the sideline like, PUT ME IN COACH (I forgot what movie that was from, if I had the link I'd post it)

Honestly I have no idea. I will admit I DO see him making tackles and being around the ball in special teams.

I just don't understand why he never either 1. Can prove he's good enough to get a couple snaps during the game 2. Talk to coach on the sideline like, PUT ME IN COACH (I forgot what movie that was from, if I had the link I'd post it)

Who is he going to replace? Not Stevie or Woods, and Graham HAS been getting open. Just be patient. Marcus is still young and he has become a very valuable member of ST.

How many threads and how many posts for a physically superior, mentally inferior UDFA?

I wish the kid well but the odds are against him.

GO BILLS!!!

Until he busts out of the league, likely to continue. People are obviously interested around the league as national sites are writing on this - did you expect it not to be mentioned here?

Until he busts out of the league, likely to continue. People are obviously interested around the league as national sites are writing on this - did you expect it not to be mentioned here?

Busts into the league is more like it.

I wouldn't put any subject past anybody to post about here.

I just thought DaRick Rogers threads had run their course.

I was wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

Busts into the league is more like it.

I wouldn't put any subject past anybody to post about here.

I just thought DaRick Rogers threads had run their course.

I was wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

While he just busted in, and is on a 53 man roster. Not sure why you're upset about it, seems like a pretty obvious topic. He will probably get some mentions if he's active, and more if he produces. Likewise if he gets the axe. Just to help you prepare yourself.

i think im just about the only one thats posted anything favorable about him since the cut so im not sure that theres any consensus that the bills screwed the pooch or a love affair. hes a guy with baggage, but huge upside. the current verdict is hes unlikely to reach that potential, but its certainly there.

Since he is the 5th wr on the colts you might get to see him catch a pass sometime soon.

While he just busted in, and is on a 53 man roster. Not sure why you're upset about it, seems like a pretty obvious topic. He will probably get some mentions if he's active, and more if he produces. Likewise if he gets the axe. Just to help you prepare yourself.

Not upset at all. Just amused at the attention he's garnering. Not necessarily by the national press, but around here. It's as if we need validation of some sort. For Team Storm Cloud, the validation comes when he makes ALL Pro. For Team Sunshine, it's when he gets cut again.

Let me know when he turns into a football player vs. being just a physical marvel. I knew he was gone the moment he stood and watched the fumble recovery for a TD and couldn't have looked any more disinterested in doing so.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Was anyone else watching Easley make all kinds of plays on kick coverage Sunday? I was. Dude was playing his ass off.

No way Rogers shows that much "want to" playing ST.

Very good point, eball. If you're an undrafted free agent, no matter who you are, you better be willing to play and play well on special teams. Rodgers has a ton of talent, but until proven otherwise I'll trust this regime's judgement on this one.

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

Since he is the 5th wr on the colts you might get to see him catch a pass sometime soon.

but he doesnt play special teams. And fifth rec needs to not only play, but excel at ST.

Like Easley is currently.

I pick Hogan and Marcus all day at this point in time.

and i dont like players that dont put ALL their effort into the game all the time. not at all. counter example is Kyle Williams. A player who overcomes his POTENTIAL every day

Not upset at all. Just amused at the attention he's garnering. Not necessarily by the national press, but around here. It's as if we need validation of some sort. For Team Storm Cloud, the validation comes when he makes ALL Pro. For Team Sunshine, it's when he gets cut again.

Let me know when he turns into a football player vs. being just a physical marvel. I knew he was gone the moment he stood and watched the fumble recovery for a TD and couldn't have looked any more disinterested in doing so.

GO BILLS!!!

He's a player I remember being recruited in college, watched play in the SEC, and was curious whether he'd make an impact before we even got him - for me its not about being proven right. If he succeeds there it doesn't mean he would would here. I'm curious to see storylines unfold even when the bills aren't in them. I know this board gets touchy about that though.

I think generally speaking people that watched him in college tend to be curious about what comes of him.

OMG! Rogers may be the most overrated player in the history of sports. What is so special about his talent? There are a ton of guys who have talent that never amount to anything. To paraphase, "Potential means you haven't done (crap)."

James Hardy had talent. Charles Rogers had talent. A million guys have talent. It takes more than talent to make it in the NFL. IF he does make it, good for him. But I've never seen a player do so little get so much respect.

This is why marketing works. Every year some guy is indocttinated into a canton by the board based on a YouTube clip.

Just recent examples include Jasper, trick throw QB guy, Bell, and this year Da'scrub.

If only the bills were smart enough to watch you tube clips instead of practice and preseason they'd realize they cut DezCaljerry ochoriceworth Johnsongerald jr.

He's a player I remember being recruited in college, watched play in the SEC, and was curious whether he'd make an impact before we even got him - for me its not about being proven right. If he succeeds there it doesn't mean he would would here. I'm curious to see storylines unfold even when the bills aren't in them. I know this board gets touchy about that though.

I think generally speaking people that watched him in college tend to be curious about what comes of him.

For your sake then, I hope he makes that All Pro team sometime in the future. Even the most jaded around here couldn't begrudge him that. Well, I'd like to think that. Regardless of how he ends up, it's no reflection on the Bills one way or another.

GO BILLS!!!

This is why marketing works. Every year some guy is indocttinated into a canton by the board based on a YouTube clip.

Just recent examples include Jasper, trick throw QB guy, Bell, and this year Da'scrub.

Right, but unlike bell or corp or jasper - this kid was named to Georgia's all decade team in highschool breaking state records, was a top ten in the country, 5 star, recruit - went to the SEC and as a sophomore broke school records and put up over 1000 yards playing against guys like mo Claiborne, dre Kirkpatrick, Gilmore and a slew of other guys playing on Sunday. He's been productive in the past and not just throwing a football through a basketball hoop from half court. If anything, the "he's never done anything" crowd are the more likely to have never actually seen him play.

Doesn't mean he will be again in the future though.

For your sake then, I hope he makes that All Pro team sometime in the future. Even the most jaded around here couldn't begrudge him that. Well, I'd like to think that. Regardless of how he ends up, it's no reflection on the Bills one way or another.

GO BILLS!!!

I never said I really hope he succeeds- simply pointed out that I disagreed with many statements in this thread. Heck, on a young Afc competitor I'd rather they don't have a cheap all pro. I simply said I was curious to see how his story plays out. I'm likewise curious about honey badger, and a slew of other players I've watched for years coming into the league right now.

Edited by NoSaint